“Luxurious”

Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Davenport
Reviewed August 18, 2005

We have just returned from a great week at the Omni Orlando. I booked the Omni based on the positive feedback from trip advisor and was not disappointed. This is a brand new and very upmarket hotel (great rates from AA Vacations) and in some ways it felt a little too posh for us as we headed out for the parks each day in our comfy clothes and trainers. The rooms were immaculate, the hotel lavish and the pool area perfect. On the 2 days when we stayed at the hotel I had the formal pool to myself on one day, and was one of 4 people using it on another. The lazy river is perfect for relaxation. The hotel provides beach towels free but all other services are rather expensive. The golf costs add up when you add the club hire, glove, balls etc. One of the courses was closed when we were there (the other is only a pitch and putt) so my husband played off site and felt the (very hot!) golf experience was worth the expense. The location of the Omni was perfect, far enough away from the crowds but close to fairly quiet roads to access the parks. We loved the Omni.

4  Thank Sequin

Reviewed August 7, 2005

Just returned from our vacation at the Omni. We stayed for three nights, booked three rooms. Nice and clean rooms. The hotel made a computer mistake with one of the rooms and did not had it cleaned one night. The manager handled the problem in a professional way, just as expected. Will recommend it to other friends.

5  Thank Ana15
Reviewed August 2, 2005

Omni, an upscale resort with beautiful lazy river pool and great water slide for kids!!!! A great "wind down" after the hustle bussle of Disney/Sea World!!! Would not recommend this hotel to travel to/from parks as it is far and I-4 traffic is heavy!!! Definately need car as restaurants on Route 192 are about 15 minutes, but there are tons of restaurants to choose from there!!! Select Guest allows you to have complimentary beverages in morning which is quite nice!!!! This property is very well manicured and well kept!!! Room sizes were very generous!!! Would highly recommend this hotel at end of Disney Stay to relax!!! Crocs restaurant by pool has excellent sandwiches; expensive, but the portions are very very generous(also has kids menu there). Fitness center very well kept; husband and son golfed at National Course and liked it very much. Complimentary tennis/basketball courts/volleyball. Don't need to bring raquet/balls as they are provided!!! Quick breakfast food very expensive($5.00 for bagel high). A minute down the road is a pizza place, Publix supermarket for snacks, drinks, water, Subway Shop for sandwiches, McDonalds. Dennys/Perkins for breakfast one short exit Route 4 West which in my opinion is a great bet for family breakfast. Truly a great upscale resort to relax after Disney/Sea World(Need a car though!!!)

7  Thank jerseygal
Reviewed August 2, 2005

My boyfriend and I stayed here again for the second time on our trip to Orlando. The guest services manager named Yvonne was very helpful and nice with our reservations and emailed me before our stay asking if there was anything she could do to let her know. I told her we weren't able to get a good view last time and would like to if it was available. When we checked in there was a nice card from her saying if we needed anything during our stay to let her know, that was a nice touch. This time we got a nice pool view with high floor. We also were able to get the military rate of $98, which always seems available when we have requested it. That is nice because a lot of the nicer hotels only offer that on certain dates of the month. We used the lazy river this time and it was so nice and relaxing. We also used the spa services, I got my hair done and got my boyfriend a pedicure. They have nice spa facilities and it is real clean. We also used the game room. Other than that we didn't use the restaurants. There seems to be consistantly good service from this hotel and it is pretty and a good value for the money. I'd recommend it and the lazy river is a must if you want to relax.

4  Thank gatorgurl4
A TripAdvisor Member
St. Augustine, FL
Reviewed August 1, 2005

I spent one night here and the staff are very pleasant, however; the food staff at the pool are lacking. I heard several cmplaints by other guests at the pool the day I was there. Their complaints were that it took too long to receive food out by the pool, and their alcholic drinks were comped as a result. I walked over to Croc's adjacent to the pool and placed my order. 45 minutes later I still did not have my food. The waiter I placed my order with had come to the pool and delivered food to others but never came by to advise that my order would be our shortly or say anything. He saw me in the pool and made eye contact with me; I gave up due to hunger. I immediatly went up to my room, checked out earlier than I wanted to (wanted to enjoy the pool) on Sunday and went to eat off the property.

For this to be such a nice resort I don't know why they cannot get it together, they have been in operation since October 2004 and should have all the problems worked out. How can the bellmen, check in staff and valet be so nice and the food side of the house so deplorable!? Omni you lost my confidence on this one, the Ritz Carlton is calling me now.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
St. Augustine, FL
Reviewed July 29, 2005

Sitting in my Omni hotel room writing this, have reservation for another consecutive night but not staying!!!!

My husband brought me here for my birthday, after spending the afternoon at the pool, concierge recommended we eat at Trevi's Restaurant on the property, big disaster!

1) Waited 15 minutes for server to initially visit table and great us. He took our drink and food order.
2) Waited 10 minutes for server to return with drinks, he never came, we left.
3) Informed hostess of complaint and asked that she cancel order; manager of restaurant was advised of situation. He offered to comp our meal ($30 total) and send up as room service, he would call immediatly to advise if meal would be sent up in a timely manner.
4) He called 10 minutes later (had been in room and thought I was forgotten about) to advise meal would arrive in 12 minutes.
5) Meal arrived 20 minutes later, not 12. Also, didn't receive drinks ordered (iced tea and soda).

Husband was speaking to the concierge desk while I was up in the room waiting on the food. Concierge was awfully rude and kept stating the hotel had done more than enough by comping the $30 meal. Asked for the hotel manager, she took too long to show up at the desk (our meal was getting cold) and called the room. She advised the hotel had done all it was going to do.

We travel all over the US and world, will never stay at another Omni Hotel AGAIN! So much for my birthday, glad to know my business is worth only $30.00.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 28, 2005

I have to agree with most of the other reviews. The Omni is a "Great Hotel". The staff, service and property resembles that of a Ritz Carlton. A few days prior to arrival I received an e-mail from the concierge which offered to reserve a cabana by the pool, spa appointment(s), tee times, etc. Also, the pool area is very nice. We will visit again.

• Stayed: July 2004, traveled on business
7  Thank BelieverMI
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
#1 of 340 in Orlando
Waldorf Astoria Orlando
Waldorf Astoria Orlando
#28 of 340 in Orlando

Been to Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate? Share your experiences!