“Great Hotel!”

Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Davenport
Reviewed July 28, 2005

I have to agree with most of the other reviews. The Omni is a "Great Hotel". The staff, service and property resembles that of a Ritz Carlton. A few days prior to arrival I received an e-mail from the concierge which offered to reserve a cabana by the pool, spa appointment(s), tee times, etc. Also, the pool area is very nice. We will visit again.

• Stayed: July 2004, traveled on business
7  Thank BelieverMI
There are newer reviews for Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate

Reviewed July 26, 2005

This is one of the best hotels that my mother and I have ever stayed at (and we have travelled around the world). We arrived before noon, and they had our room ready for us. After realizing there wasn't a hairdryer in the bathroom, I called the front desk. Within five minutes, someone was at the door with a hairdryer for us to borrow. I joined the Select Guest program online before arriving, and we had juice, coffee, and the newspaper delivered to our door each morning. We also had turn down service each night, and a nice mint chocolate was left on each of our beds. The concierge was very helpful in giving us directions to different places we wanted to visit. Having an adult only pool and kids area was nice. The lazy river was fun. We didn't have a problem with the shuttle service, but we did rent a car because we wanted to go to Universal Studios and other attractions. We enjoyed the fact that the hotel was approx. 20 minutes from Disney because it was nice to get away from the hustle and bustle. All of the staff were very friendly. I've raved and recommended this hotel to my friends and family.

7  Thank canadianbelle
Reviewed July 21, 2005

I just returned from the Omni at Championsgate and I have nothing but praises for the staff and facilities at the resort. I used this resort to host a small gathering for my business associates. They were all impressed with their rooms as well as the restaurants and resort ammenities. I particularly liked the fact that is is not so "Disney", as I was not traveling with children or with intentions of visiting the theme parks. Our group had dinner at Trevi's (an Italian restaurant on site) and the cuisine was outstanding. I did not find the prices to be overly expensive, considering that this is a four-star resort. The average dinner entree was about $20. Also, David's (another restaurant on the property) has the best buffalo wings I have ever eaten. Try the David's sampler ($25), which is a platter of calamari, spinach and artichoke dip, and about a dozen of the buffalo wings. This is definitely large enough for two adults to share and be satisfied. Another nice feature is the complimentary wireless internet service. Also, if you decide to book the Omni, visit the (---) website and become a Select Guest member, which entitles you to some nice privileges, like evening turndown service and complimentary morning beverages served in room.

• Stayed: July 2005, traveled on business
6  Thank sopeleta
Reviewed July 18, 2005

Great stay at this beautiful property. Traveled with 6 adults and two kids, ages 7 months and 2 years. The lazy river and children’s pool area were a great escape from the Parks(e.g.: Disney, Sea World). The kids loved this feature, and the adults did want to get out of the lazy river. I rented a crib and a mini-fridge which was promptly delivered to my room within 15 minutes of arrival. Great Service! A plus, when traveling with a baby.
The crib looked brand new, as I was a little skeptical about using a hotels crib. It worked out perfect. Large rooms. (Deluxe room w/balcony). The balcony was so tiny that it is hardly worth paying extra for this. The room sizes were large enough that a balcony for extra space is not needed. The only thing lacking at this property are family style restaurants or even a casual dining spot for adults that just want to grab some casual/fun food after a day at the park. The restaurants reminded me of country club dining, which is to be
expected I guess, as this is a major golf resort as well. The hotel needed a themed children friendly restaurant or even a sports bar type restaurant for adults who want casual and still want to feel like they are on vacation.
Overall, this property is great, but, if you are looking for anything 'Disney' stay elsewhere. This property is for individuals seeking an escape from 'Everything Disney.' You get the best of both worlds, as the hotel is very close to Disney, yet the hotel makes you feel like you are no where near Mickey.

6  Thank ChristinaFLA
Reviewed July 17, 2005

Just returned from a "weekend getaway" without the kids. This resort was fabulous. We get a great rate through Priceline ($93), and were given a very nice balcony room with a pool and golf course view. I could not have requested a better room!
We did not eat at the hotel, prices were a bit high, but I think that's to be expected at a resort. We did go to the Italian place at the Publix plaza down the street, because several other reviews reccomended it, but (in our opinions!) it was horrible!! We hit up Le Crepe in the same plaza, and they were amazingly good - went back for the Sunday brunch!!
The pool is beautiful, and I could have spent all day in the lazy river.
The hotel is immaculate, ane beautifully decorated.
We drove around a bit just too explore - the traffic on I4 got really bad just past our exit going towards Disney, but there are back roads to be found!!
In all, we were thrilled with this hotel, and would not hesitate to come back - in fact, we make an anual trip to Mickey's Christmas party in December and usually stay on site at Disney, but we're thinking of coming back to the Omni!

4  Thank luvmegucci
A TripAdvisor Member
Jacksonville FL
Reviewed July 17, 2005

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 16, 2005

3  Thank DNovak
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Hilton Orlando
#54 of 340 in Orlando
Florida Center
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort
Villas of Grand Cypress
#1 of 340 in Orlando

Been to Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate? Share your experiences!