Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
5,816 results
All reviewslazy rivergolf coursewave poolself parkingbeautiful hotelfamily poolfire pitformal pooldavid's clubbusiness conferenceadult poolsports barplay golfchampions gategreat amenitiespool areaper day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 5, 2009

Yes. Do it........This was a great hotel/resort.

Two thirty-somethings and a six had two awesome days prior to heading out for a cruise. Staff was great. Hotel and room was beautiful and spotless. One thing that I will point out is that double beds mean double beds here- at least in our room. You better be ready for some "spoonin.'" ; ) However they are comfortable and we slept like babies.

The pool areas were incredible. Generally the pool is just something that our son does, but we all spent tons of time in the pools playing basketball, floating in the lazy river (which is incredible), and using the water slide. For a couple of days the family can relax w/o leaving the grounds.

Didn't try the food- i'm too cheap. Plenty of eateries very near the property. I did splurge on a Pina Colda @ Crocs for the Mrs- which was the worst that I ever that I had ever had- $10.70! But, to be honest everything else was so perfect and I was hot- I drank it and hopped back in the river and listened to the music........

I would also point out that this is several minutes from the parks- which could be good or bad. For us it was great to avoid the hussle and bustle. Even if we did do the parks, we'd stay here again.

Am checking out tomorrow, so i cant speak to fees or check out as of yet- I assume that they will be fine.

Thanks Omni.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
K_Burnett, Leisure Sales at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2009

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your perspective. We appreciate that you pointed out the benefits of our location, "not too far, and not too close". We apologize for the quality of your drink at the pool. We would have gladly made a new drink for you if we had known. We hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Best regards!

Reviewed June 3, 2009

I will say, we went with friends who are very good at negotiating upgrades and special treats, but this was the best hotel experience we have ever had. Prior to our stay, we were able to obtain accomdations in the Villas (highly recommended if you are a preferred Omni customer and can get in there) for two of our nights and a free night in hotel for the other. However, when we arrived, the front desk staff were able to accomodate our request to not have to move after one night in the hotel to the Villas.

The concierge at the Villas was outstanding in meeting our needs, and the little extras (turndown service, beverage service, etc.) truly made us all feel special. All areas of the hotel and Villas were extremely clean and the pool area for the hotel as well as the separate area for the Villas were excellent.

We did have a minor problem with the spa not working at the Villas the first night (due to someone hitting the emergency shut off and no maintenance staff being able to reset it late at night), but that didn't ruin our fun in the least. We had a fabulous trip and would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Orlando.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
K_Burnett, Leisure Sales at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2009

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for pointing out the benefits of our two and three bedroom villas. We hope you will stay with us in the future. Best regards!

Reviewed May 31, 2009

I usually don't take the time to write a review; but felt I needed to because of the incredible service, cleanliness, and beauty of the Omni Championgate. We received very friendly sevice at the front desk. When my daughter mentioned we were there for her 16th birthday, the young lady that checked us in said she would like to secretly send up a birthday cake for her. The decor of the hotel is lovely. The room was very very clean. I am especially aware of strange smells in a room and there were none. The view of the golf course, though raining the entire time we were there, was still wonderful. I actually used the fitness center and that was just as described, big, clean, and not crowded. If you choose to stay at this hotel, though there are acceptions, you will most likely enjoy yourself. Oh, I forgot to write about the lazy-river and the pools. My daughter and her best friend enjoyed it and said the staff were just as friendly there. The wi-fi in the room worked great. We could have stayed there without leaving. I would also recommend it for a romatic get-away with your husband.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank KatieSue62
Reviewed May 27, 2009

Being rated 4-4.5 stars, I really expect the hotel to live up to its rating..especially since we have been to numerous hotels during our many travelling adventures..we know what we can expect from hotel ratings.
However, starting from the arrival to Omni..it was already off to a bad start.
We arrived at the hotel at around 1 something am, there were absolutely no one at the reception. NO ONE AT ALL. It was like the whole place was empty or something..we can't even check in. We stood for a good 20 minutes, peeking into the reception area hoping that someone would come out..we had to start yelling excuse me's for a good 10 minute before this one lady finally came out and got us checked into our rooms. We have never entered a hotel where there were no one at the front desk!! I mean in motel 6..which is no where near a 4 star hotel..has people at the reception at all times! When we entered the room, it was another surprise..unfortunately not in a good way! The toilet seat not only has two major chips on it but also several brown stains. Our coffee machine was broken and not working. The tub was super low....we can't even bath!!
The next morning we then learned that the omni website..(beautifully designed btw) can be quite misleading. It says "complementary shuttle service to disney theme parks"..well..it's not really complementary as we learned that we have to pay 16 dollars a night for that service to be active. In addition, the shuttle people were very rude. They threw us the shuttle tickets, never bothered to look at us in the eyes and even yelled at us on the phone when we called in one night saying that our shuttle driver missed picking us up and we were waiting in the rain for over 40 minutes! When that happened, we called in..and the shuttle receptionist raised her voice on us saying that we must have missed the shuttle..but we really didn't! Either way, what kind of customer service person would raise their voice at their customers?? Especially at a 4-4.5 star hotel!! I thought customers should be treated for respect and I seriously had better services staying at best western. Not to mention we had to work our entire schedule around booking shuttles..not only do you have to call 2 hours ahead for shuttles to pick you up..they don't pick people up until after 3pm..so if you want to go back to the hotel before that..sorry..tough luck..even though mind you..that you pay 16 dollars a night for this service! (and not to mention you may be yelled at by the customer shuttle service receptionist..and your shuttle driver may be unreliable and leave you in the rain waiting for over an hour before showing up)...
what horrible service..the rudeness of it all..the disorganization..the brown stains on the toilet seat...just such disappointment!! the shuttle service..just everything was terrible!
We really deserve our 16 dollars a night back..if not more..never had we been on a vacation to be yelled by the hotel service ppl..never ever..!

We don't recommend this hotel unless you want to sit on chipped toilet seats with brown stains on them and to be yelled at by the hotel ppl on the long distance call phones..yes..since the shuttle need to be called 2 hours in advance..we had to call with our cell phone..which turned into long distance phone calls..which means even more $$!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
K_Burnett, Leisure Sales at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2009

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry about the negative experiences you had during your stay. First of all, we are addressing your arrival experience with our associates. The fact that you were not greeted and checked in immediately on arrival, regardless of the time, is inexcusable. We are forwarding your response to the transportation company that we employ so they can address the service issues and we will follow up with them to ensure that the issue is resolved.

We invite you to contact us for a refund of your resort fee. It would also be very helpful to know your room number so we can perform the maintenance needed, if it has not already been addressed. When you contact the resort, ask for the Resort Manager and reference your Trip Advisor.

Again, we apologize and regret that you did not experience the level of service that we strive to provide every guest.

Reviewed May 27, 2009

After researching many Disney / non-Disney options and reviewing feedback on TA, we chose a 2-BR Villa at the Omni for our first trip to Disney 5/15-5/20. I have to say it was the best travel choice I’ve made in some time. Despite what seemed like a foot of rain over two of our days, everything about our trip was fantastic, due in large part to the Omni. Room: I did not see one of the hotel rooms but would highly suggest a villa. Our rate of $244 included 2 bedrooms, a huge master bath, a separate den AND living room; full kitchen and dining room, W/D and four TV’s. At 1500 sq/ft it was probably four times the size of a hotel room and the layout was perfect for our family of five. We truly looked forward to returning each evening and relaxing after a day at the parks. All the furnishings etc. seem brand new and the villas are adjacent to the hotel and pool so you have all the same amenities as the hotel guests. Staff: Everyone at the Omni was friendly and helpful, especially the concierge staff at the villas. Our three children (ages 3-9) looked forward to seeing Clara and Kathy each evening as they both doted on them and went out of their way to make us feel at home. The Omni Kids Camp was a steal … two hours free including dinner for three kids while my wife and I dined upstairs in the restaurant. When we arrived to pick up the kids they wanted us to go away … turns out they were the only ones there and they loved the camp counselor, Julie. Amenities: Due to the weather, we only got to the pool one time, which was a shame because it is more water park than pool. The kids had as much fun there as any Disney park (almost). I’m an avid golfer although not on this trip, but those amenities along with the fitness center/spa looked world class. Location: Distance was not a problem at all, in fact we looked forward to the separation from everything Disney and it probably took less time (10 minutes) to get to our room from the parks than most Disney resort guests. I would suggest a car however as I understand the hotel transportation can take a while. Bottom Line: In the past year I’ve stayed in a Four Seasons, an Intercontinental, three Ritz Carlton’s and countless Marriott’s etc. and the Omni out rates them all in my opinion, especially with kids in tow. We will definitely stay there again for our next Disney trip.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank GADAWG94

We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your recent stay. Thank you for sharing your comments and your photos. We hope you will return soon. Best regards!