“The Best Hotel Experience We Have Ever Had” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate

Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Davenport
Pike Road, Alabama
“The Best Hotel Experience We Have Ever Had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2009

I will say, we went with friends who are very good at negotiating upgrades and special treats, but this was the best hotel experience we have ever had. Prior to our stay, we were able to obtain accomdations in the Villas (highly recommended if you are a preferred Omni customer and can get in there) for two of our nights and a free night in hotel for the other. However, when we arrived, the front desk staff were able to accomodate our request to not have to move after one night in the hotel to the Villas.

The concierge at the Villas was outstanding in meeting our needs, and the little extras (turndown service, beverage service, etc.) truly made us all feel special. All areas of the hotel and Villas were extremely clean and the pool area for the hotel as well as the separate area for the Villas were excellent.

We did have a minor problem with the spa not working at the Villas the first night (due to someone hitting the emergency shut off and no maintenance staff being able to reset it late at night), but that didn't ruin our fun in the least. We had a fabulous trip and would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Orlando.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
K_Burnett, Leisure Sales at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this review, June 9, 2009
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for pointing out the benefits of our two and three bedroom villas. We hope you will stay with us in the future. Best regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
Fort Lauderdale, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2009

I usually don't take the time to write a review; but felt I needed to because of the incredible service, cleanliness, and beauty of the Omni Championgate. We received very friendly sevice at the front desk. When my daughter mentioned we were there for her 16th birthday, the young lady that checked us in said she would like to secretly send up a birthday cake for her. The decor of the hotel is lovely. The room was very very clean. I am especially aware of strange smells in a room and there were none. The view of the golf course, though raining the entire time we were there, was still wonderful. I actually used the fitness center and that was just as described, big, clean, and not crowded. If you choose to stay at this hotel, though there are acceptions, you will most likely enjoy yourself. Oh, I forgot to write about the lazy-river and the pools. My daughter and her best friend enjoyed it and said the staff were just as friendly there. The wi-fi in the room worked great. We could have stayed there without leaving. I would also recommend it for a romatic get-away with your husband.

1 Thank KatieSue62
fennelcake
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2009

Being rated 4-4.5 stars, I really expect the hotel to live up to its rating..especially since we have been to numerous hotels during our many travelling adventures..we know what we can expect from hotel ratings.
However, starting from the arrival to Omni..it was already off to a bad start.
We arrived at the hotel at around 1 something am, there were absolutely no one at the reception. NO ONE AT ALL. It was like the whole place was empty or something..we can't even check in. We stood for a good 20 minutes, peeking into the reception area hoping that someone would come out..we had to start yelling excuse me's for a good 10 minute before this one lady finally came out and got us checked into our rooms. We have never entered a hotel where there were no one at the front desk!! I mean in motel 6..which is no where near a 4 star hotel..has people at the reception at all times! When we entered the room, it was another surprise..unfortunately not in a good way! The toilet seat not only has two major chips on it but also several brown stains. Our coffee machine was broken and not working. The tub was super low....we can't even bath!!
The next morning we then learned that the omni website..(beautifully designed btw) can be quite misleading. It says "complementary shuttle service to disney theme parks"..well..it's not really complementary as we learned that we have to pay 16 dollars a night for that service to be active. In addition, the shuttle people were very rude. They threw us the shuttle tickets, never bothered to look at us in the eyes and even yelled at us on the phone when we called in one night saying that our shuttle driver missed picking us up and we were waiting in the rain for over 40 minutes! When that happened, we called in..and the shuttle receptionist raised her voice on us saying that we must have missed the shuttle..but we really didn't! Either way, what kind of customer service person would raise their voice at their customers?? Especially at a 4-4.5 star hotel!! I thought customers should be treated for respect and I seriously had better services staying at best western. Not to mention we had to work our entire schedule around booking shuttles..not only do you have to call 2 hours ahead for shuttles to pick you up..they don't pick people up until after 3pm..so if you want to go back to the hotel before that..sorry..tough luck..even though mind you..that you pay 16 dollars a night for this service! (and not to mention you may be yelled at by the customer shuttle service receptionist..and your shuttle driver may be unreliable and leave you in the rain waiting for over an hour before showing up)...
what horrible service..the rudeness of it all..the disorganization..the brown stains on the toilet seat...just such disappointment!! the shuttle service..just everything was terrible!
We really deserve our 16 dollars a night back..if not more..never had we been on a vacation to be yelled by the hotel service ppl..never ever..!

We don't recommend this hotel unless you want to sit on chipped toilet seats with brown stains on them and to be yelled at by the hotel ppl on the long distance call phones..yes..since the shuttle need to be called 2 hours in advance..we had to call with our cell phone..which turned into long distance phone calls..which means even more $$!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
K_Burnett, Leisure Sales at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this review, May 29, 2009
Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry about the negative experiences you had during your stay. First of all, we are addressing your arrival experience with our associates. The fact that you were not greeted and checked in immediately on arrival, regardless of the time, is inexcusable. We are forwarding your response to the transportation company that we employ so they can address the service issues and we will follow up with them to ensure that the issue is resolved.

We invite you to contact us for a refund of your resort fee. It would also be very helpful to know your room number so we can perform the maintenance needed, if it has not already been addressed. When you contact the resort, ask for the Resort Manager and reference your Trip Advisor.

Again, we apologize and regret that you did not experience the level of service that we strive to provide every guest.
Athens, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2009

After researching many Disney / non-Disney options and reviewing feedback on TA, we chose a 2-BR Villa at the Omni for our first trip to Disney 5/15-5/20. I have to say it was the best travel choice I’ve made in some time. Despite what seemed like a foot of rain over two of our days, everything about our trip was fantastic, due in large part to the Omni. Room: I did not see one of the hotel rooms but would highly suggest a villa. Our rate of $244 included 2 bedrooms, a huge master bath, a separate den AND living room; full kitchen and dining room, W/D and four TV’s. At 1500 sq/ft it was probably four times the size of a hotel room and the layout was perfect for our family of five. We truly looked forward to returning each evening and relaxing after a day at the parks. All the furnishings etc. seem brand new and the villas are adjacent to the hotel and pool so you have all the same amenities as the hotel guests. Staff: Everyone at the Omni was friendly and helpful, especially the concierge staff at the villas. Our three children (ages 3-9) looked forward to seeing Clara and Kathy each evening as they both doted on them and went out of their way to make us feel at home. The Omni Kids Camp was a steal … two hours free including dinner for three kids while my wife and I dined upstairs in the restaurant. When we arrived to pick up the kids they wanted us to go away … turns out they were the only ones there and they loved the camp counselor, Julie. Amenities: Due to the weather, we only got to the pool one time, which was a shame because it is more water park than pool. The kids had as much fun there as any Disney park (almost). I’m an avid golfer although not on this trip, but those amenities along with the fitness center/spa looked world class. Location: Distance was not a problem at all, in fact we looked forward to the separation from everything Disney and it probably took less time (10 minutes) to get to our room from the parks than most Disney resort guests. I would suggest a car however as I understand the hotel transportation can take a while. Bottom Line: In the past year I’ve stayed in a Four Seasons, an Intercontinental, three Ritz Carlton’s and countless Marriott’s etc. and the Omni out rates them all in my opinion, especially with kids in tow. We will definitely stay there again for our next Disney trip.

2 Thank GADAWG94
We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your recent stay. Thank you for sharing your comments and your photos. We hope you will return soon. Best regards!
Knoxville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2009

This is our second year at this resort. The kids liked the pool and lazy river better than Disney. Service and cleanliness are tops. It is a bit out of the way for most of the Orlando attractions, but the service and amenities more than make up for it.

1 Thank PickyN10EC
Thank you for sharing what you enjoyed about our amenities and services. We appreciate hearing from you. Best regards!
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2009

My husband and I stayed here the weekend of May 21-24. We visited Disney World, and were looking for a luxurious place to stay and be pampered after spending our days in the parks. We trusted the reviews on TA and decided to try the Omni. We are so glad we did!
We booked the room through the Omni site directly, and joined the Select Guest program. What I like about the program is that you are able to check off dozens of your room and service preferences before you arrive at the hotel. You are also able to checkin to the hotel up to 48 hours in advance of your arrival, so your room is ready when you arrive. We checked into the hotel and let them know that we would be arriving around 12. We were surprised at the easy (25 min- exit 62 on I-4 West) drive from Orlando International Airport, and we arrived at the hotel by 10:30 am. Our room was not ready by then since we were early, and THEY apologized! I was so surprised. No biggie for us since we weren't expecting the room to be ready. The desk staff took my cell phone number, and let us know that they would call us when the room was ready. We decided to explore the area and grab some groceries while we waited.
ChampionsGate is a whole community, complete with a Publix supermarket, BP Gas station, Walgreens, and several eateries like a pizzeria, McDonald's, and Chili's. We went to Publix and got bottled water, fresh fruit, and snacks for the room. We also grabbed some breakfast from McDonald's. By the time we finished our meal, we recieved a call saying our room was ready.
We self- parked (for free), and since I had already checked in the day before, my key packet was waiting for me on a display at the front desk. We went up to the room, and were in awe of the great view from our balcony room. We were upgraded to a Premium room, so we received one of the few balcony rooms :)
The room was spacious, and the bed was incredibly soft and welcoming. Large entertainment hutch that held the TV, dresser drawers, and small fridge for refreshments. We moved the stocked hotel items from the fridge and placed our own in there.
The bathroom is large, with marble flooring. Nice large mirror, and it was stocked with the regular amenities.
Housekeeping and room service were great. They were a little pricey, however since we knew that this was a luxury hotel, we were prepared for the prices. The staff was always very accomodating and friendly.
As a member of their select guest program, we received two complimentary drinks at breakfast and a delivery of our morning paper. We ordered croissants (for a charge) along with our free juice. A nice way to start each morning with breakfast on the balcony :)
We never ate at any of the restaurants, but one of my fave guilty pleasures while there was a room service chocolate chip cookie. It was HUGE, with warm chocolate sauce and chocolate sprinkles on top, with a tall glass of cold milk. The cookie was warm and chewy...YUM! I had one each night- hey we're here for Disney World, why not act like a kid again? :)
Went to Downtown Disney for dinner the first night, and went to Shaw's Crab House. Took about 10 minutes to get there. The hubby and I looooooooove seafood, especially crab, so we were very excited to eat here. I had no problem making the reservation the week before. We got to the restaurant about 30 mins early, and were seated immediately. The crab was some of the best we ever had. A hint- eat the specialty of the restaurant you are visiting, and you won't be disappointed. Don't go to Shaw's to have chicken- eat the seafood! :)
The drive to Disney was about 15 minutes, tops. We left each morning at 8:30 to arrive at the parks at 8:45 since they opened at 9. We were always among the first to arrive, and had no problems riding everything we wanted pretty fast. When we went to Epcot, we rode everything by about 10:30 am and then had plenty of time to stroll the grounds, take pictures, and enjoy our lunch at Teppan Edo. A really nice day :)
I was able to use the business center, and print our boarding passes free of charge. Very nice touch!
Overall we were very happy with this hotel. Just be sure to join their select guest program, and do the online checkin a day or two before you arrive. They really do work hard to make sure they accomodate every request. I think those who were most unhappy with this hotel were people who didn't do their research beforehand. Read up as much as you can about the hotel, feel free to call them if you have questions before the trip, and let them know what you appreciate while on your vacation when you checkin online. Makes for a smooth checkin and pleasurable stay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank virtue37_4
Thank you for your wonderful comments and for sharing your photos. We are glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return. Best regards!
No. Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2009

My family and I stayed at The Omni Resort for 2 nights in mid May
The pools were very large and inviting and they had a huge lazy river for all to enjoy!
many bars and resturant ( very expensive) to eat.
The room was small, but had 2 dbl beds and a wonderful view of the Resort's pools
and golf course.
Overall it was a great hotel worth the extra $$$ for a short trip......

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank hack54621
K_Burnett, Leisure Sales at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this review, May 26, 2009
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your feedback. We hope you will stay with us again. Best regards!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Villas of Grand Cypress
#1 of 335 in Orlando
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,365 reviews
Lake Buena Vista
Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort
Reunion Resort of Orlando
#13 of 153 in Kissimmee
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,523 reviews

Been to Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate? Share your experiences!