“We are definitely coming back!”

Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Davenport
Miami, FL
“We are definitely coming back!”
Reviewed October 14, 2008

I booked our stay at Priceline.com and was hesitant after reading a few of the negative reviews here left by other priceline bookers. However, we had no problem whatsoever. We were with our 2 year old little girl and did not encounter any of the problems I had read about. At no point did we feel that they were putting us in a room that was poorly located or anything like that. We stayed on the 4th Floor, with a view of the golf course and a slight view of the pool. We did not hear anyone in the halls nor did we hear any neighbors. I was very happy with our stay and we will be going back to the Omni when we go back to Disney. It was clean, comfortable and affordable. The staff at the front desk were all very nice and helpful-- one of the girls was even getting trained, and at no point did that slow the checking in process either. While we did not get a chance to use the pool due to the short length of our stay, we look forward to using it next time. The car ride to Disney was not at all long. It took us 10 to 15 minutes to get to both the Magic Kingdom and Epcot and we did not encounter any traffic. We will never stay on that 192/International Drive strip again after having stayed here. Thanks OMNI!

• Liked — Location- it's far enough from the Kissimmee hotel "strip", quiet, elegant, clean
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
K_Burnett, Leisure Sales at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this review, November 3, 2008
Thank you for taking time to submit a review. We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to know that you plan to return. Best regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (535)
Houston
Reviewed October 13, 2008

I recently attended a conference at the Omni ChampionsGate Resort. The resort is very nice and new. We were asked to upgrade to one of their adjoining villas since the hotel was full. This turned out great. The villa had 2 bedrooms and 2 baths, a full kitchen, a dining table for six, and two sitting areas with TV's. It couldn't have been more comfortable or nicer.

The pool area is large and well done. They have a lazy river as well, but I have been on some that are much better than this one.

The hotel is 12-15 minutes from the Magic Kingdom parking lot. Universal is about 20-25 minutes away. There is a Publix grocery store very close by. Try the little Italian place next to the grocery store. It had great pizza and pasta.

The David Ledbetter School of Golf adjoins the hote. Our villa looked out over the driving range of the golf school.

• Liked — Not located on Disney property which gives you more dining flexibility.
  • Disliked — The lazy river was OK but not great.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
K_Burnett, Leisure Sales at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this review, October 16, 2008
Thank you for taking time to submit a review and for pointing out the benefits of staying in one of our villas. We hope you will stay with us again. Best regards!
leicester
Reviewed October 10, 2008

Apologies ofr delay in providing review. I'll keep it brief.

Family - 2 adults 2 children (aged 9 and 60
Annual holiday, 10 day stay

Pro's - excellent breakfast's, boys loved omelette station
lazy river, pool and service from staff, transportation to disney (saving of $11 a day parking), quality of hotel ( superb), turn down service (milk and cookies for boys - nice touch), sense of space. Close ot disney.

Cons - limited restaurants but hey we had a car to explore so not an issue, room size (in that with 2 boys I found it difficult to watch tv at night when they were trying to sleep) minor issue overall.

Championsgate is a fairly new area (or seemed it) and as such is a little underdeveloped at present - but we liked it like that.

Would we go back - yes definately. We stopped at the Sofitel new York in April (see reviews) and this hotel compares.

• Liked — location to disney, quality of hotel
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
K_Burnett, Leisure Sales at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this review, October 14, 2008
Thank you for selecting our resort and for taking time to submit a review. You are correct in your statement about the area of ChampionsGate being new. There are plans for future development in the area but as you pointed out, many guests enjoy the fact that our location is more relaxing than many other theme park destinations. We are only 6 miles from Walt Disney World theme park and with easy access to I-4 we are 10-14 miles/minutes from all of the other nearby attractions, dining and entertainment.

One suggestion I would make for your next visit....Our two and three bedroom villas are ideal for families. All master bedrooms feature king size beds, and second bedrooms offer double, queen and twin bed options. Each villa has two bathrooms, complete kitchens, dining room, a separate den with pullout sofa, multiple televisions per villa, and a private balcony.

We hope we have an opportunity to serve you and your family again in the near future.

Warm regards!
Florida
Reviewed September 30, 2008

My wife and I have stayed at the Omni numerous times and decided to write a quick review. You must stay here! As frequent guests to Disney hotels and the parks we have found Disney losing it's edge, in the hotel quality and service categories. But that's another story.
The Omni has become "our" hotel when visiting Orlando. It beats Disney's "luxury" hotels in service, cleaniness and in the food categories. The check in's are swift, friendly and very professional. These people know what they are doing! The rooms are extremely clean and very comfortable. If your lucky get a room facing west overlooking the pool and golf courses. What a view! Ahhh, the pool. This is our favorite thing to do. The pool area has a "lazy river" with inner tubes to float around on. We can do this all day and we have many times! Breakfast at Trevis restaurant off the lower lobby and then off to the pool. Then lunch at Crocs, their small restaurant right at the pool! The evening dinner is either at Zens, which serves oriental food or Davids off the main lobby. All the restaurants have excellent food and service. This is a class place.
Evenings before dinner we always stop in the lobby for a drink at the bar but only to listen to "Kelly" play the piano! He's there every night and this piano man can play! Ask him to play your favorite tune!
The whole hotel is clean and so are the grounds. If you play golf this is close to golf heaven as you can get with the headquarters of David Ledbetter golf and their terrific courses.
The fitness center has all you could ever need for a great workout. There are spa's available and clothing shops to outfit you with all you would need if the airline lost your luggage!
They have Starbucks too!
If your a Florida resident look for specials that they advertise. The hotel can at times be pretty busy if you happen to be there during a convention which happened to us this past visit. The hotel has only been open a few years and is really starting to be noticed and The place to stay, especially if your traveling to visit the Disney parks and other Orlando attractions. There is transportation available to Disney but the parks are only about a 15 min drive from the hotel.
We tried this hotel and will not stay anywhere else while in Orlando!

• Liked — Luxurious accommodations
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008
1 Thank WalkinmyShoes
K_Burnett, Leisure Sales at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this review, October 7, 2008
Thank you for choosing our resort and for pointing out the amenities and services you enjoyed most. We look forward to your many happy returns!
Newark, OH
Reviewed September 29, 2008

My wife and I just returned from staying at this hotel and was extremely satisfied with our stay. We stayed in their newer villa suites and found these rooms to be beyond measure for the price. My villa had 2 BRs, 2 Baths, Living room, sitting room, dining room, full kitchen, and two patios! This room made you regret leaving it every time! The building I was in for the villas is separate from the main hotel and only required a nice 2-minute leisure walk to get there. The other nice thing is that it appeared to be a building of only 48 villas (a guess only), but had its own pool. Since my wife and I have learned to go to Orlando at the end of September when hardly anyone is there, we NEVER had to share this pool with anyone else the entire time we where there.

As for the main hotel, we had full privileges just like any other guest and found the main pools and lazy river to be quite nice. However, if this hotel was at or near capacity, I cannot imagine how cramped everything would feel. As I saw others mention, I could see chairs filling up pretty quickly in the pool area.

In regards to restaurants, I felt they were lacking in terms of quality for the price. When I ate at Trevi’s, which is their Italian restaurant, my food had very little flavor. It was not bad, just not good either. With Zen (Asian), the sushi was great, but the main dishes lacked much flavor and were overpriced. With David’s (steaks, sandwiches), we only tried them for lunch and was satisfied with the food. Again, good, but not very memorable. In regards to food, the Omni does not have much in terms of choice outside the establishment in the immediate area. Since they are almost in a world to themselves, you literally have a McDonald’s, a pizza shop, and a Chili’s…that is it. Anything else requires a 10 mile drive or more. To us, not a huge deal because I prefer remote in Orlando as opposed to being in the middle of all of everything…too much chaos that way.

As for the service, the Omni provides a nice mix of having staff available without being annoying. I have stayed in hotels in which the staff is too helpful. I like peace and quiet and receiving service when requested. The Omni has a good level of staffing in all of their areas and are extremely accommodating. For instance, one day we accidentally left the private sign on our door when we left for a few hours. When we returned, we had a message from the housekeeping staff offering a room cleaning if we called by 4pm. To me, leaving this message tells me they are going beyond the beck and call and are quite accommodating. If you call anyone at this hotel, they are very helpful and say something like “my pleasure” no matter what the request. Now I am not hard to please and do not ask for ridiculous things, but this is a nice feeling. Going back to the housekeeping situation, I tried to call housekeeping to get the room cleaned, but accidentally called the wrong extension. Instead of being transferred around, whomever I spoke to said they would let them know and the room was cleaned in less than an hour. I truly believe in this type of treatment; make my life as easy as possible and I will remember that the next time around.

My only problem with service was in the pool area. My wife and I were trying out the main pool and were talking with a gentleman and his little girl. He mentioned that the water slide was locked and that his girl wanted to use it. I told him I was going to the bar and would say something to the guys working in the towel shack. When I got to the shack, there were 3 guys who were literally hitting each other in the arm and just plain messing around. I asked them about the slide and they told me someone had to sit at the top of the slide in order for it to be used. I asked him if this was possible, and he said “probably”. After 30 minutes, the slide was still not open, and I asked again about it. I again got a grunt answer and after another 15 minutes, one of the three guys finally left the shack and opened the slide. I think the problem here is that these guys are not properly supervised and if management knew about it, it would have been corrected immediately. I truly believe that this hotel truly strives for great service, but just dropped the ball in this one small area.

As for other comments about the facility, I would love to see the coffee shop stay open a little longer. The book in my room said they were open until 3pm, but one day I was asked to leave at 1pm, I do not know what was going on there. I also wished the lobby bar was not right outside the Zen restaurant. As you can guess by the name, the restaurant is about a nice quite atmosphere, but when we were eating, there was a massive amount of noise coming from this bar and was very distracting. Maybe a door would be in order? When it comes to the building in general, it is extremely nice. Everything is so clean, the décor is beautiful and not overbearing, and the grounds are very well maintained. Frankly, everything feels like it is less than 6 months old; nothing looks outdated.

With that said, I would not hesitate staying here again. My wife is already trying to arrange a family vacation with some of her immediate family with the intention of staying here. The villas can accommodate a lot of people comfortably and would require so much less per person than having to stay in several rooms. Do not hesitate to stay here, especially during off times!

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — Distance from everything
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pkerns
K_Burnett, Leisure Sales at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this review, October 13, 2008
Thank you for your wonderful comments and for choosing our resort. I have shared your comments with our management team. We appreciate your suggestions for our restaurants and will take them into account. We were very concerned about your experience at the Pool area and will take the opportunity to address the issue with those associates. We hope that you will stay with us again when you return to FL. Best regards!
Seattle
Reviewed September 29, 2008

An excellent property that I would recommend to anyone. Between my rental car being messed up and my airline losing my luggage I was absolutely fried upon arriving to the hotel. When asked if I needed luggage assistance and told them my luggage was lost, the front desk person without me even asking upgraded my room for me to make my stay more pleasant and got the conceirge working on directions for me to a nearby mall so I could get some supplies for the evening.

Room service is 24/7 and my room was clean, had a spectacular view to the due west overlooking the golf course and pool area, and offered absolutely spectacular sunsets. The bed was heavenly comfortable, over 60 channels of TV, wireless internet, newspaper, and a large bathroom plus my own balcony. Fuzzy bathrobes hanging in the closet is always a nice touch.

Room service was excellent, priced reasonably, and offered a nice variety of dishes. The Italian dishes were quite a surprise in quality and the linguine in white clam sauce was outstanding. The steakhouse/restaurant was also outstanding, my ribeye was cooked to medium rare perfection and could be pulled apart with a form. The preztel rolls are to die for and the wine list was a solid offering.

I also appreciate that the parking was free, many area resorts charge for parking, even if you self-park and the self-park lot was a reasonable distance from the entrance.

The swimming pools were amazing also, strongly recommend taking a float down the 1/8 of a mile wrong lazy river on the provided intertubes. The river goes through terraces and trees for most of the route, so you're not baking in the sun endlessly. I really can't say enough positive about this property.

• Liked — Excellent facilities and services at the hotel, very nice rooms
  • Disliked — For business in Orlando, not the best location
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank AvalancheChief
Thank you for taking time to submit a review of our resort. We were glad that we were able to make you more comfortable after the loss of your luggage. I will share your comments with our associates. We hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Best regards!
London
Reviewed September 29, 2008

My wife and I have just returned from a two-week stay at the Omni Orlando Resort that contributed to the most fantastic honeymoon we could ever have asked for.

We checked in late thanks to our plane needing to be changed at Gatwick but the staff on the front desk of the Omni was very welcoming and efficient to clearly tired customers! The following morning one of the staff actually knew who we were when we were exploring the grounds which surprised us, as we’d never met her before and that evening we were presented with a complimentary bottle of champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and a really lovely card congratulating us on our wedding!

As mentioned by other guests the hotel is in an ideal position for visiting all the parks, you’re about a two minute drive from exit 58 on the I4 and you can get to everything from there no problem. The Disney parks are literally ten minutes away, Seaworld about 15 minutes and Universal 25 minutes and for places to eat just take exit 64 for the 192! We had a hire car and to be honest I have no idea why anyone visiting Orlando would want to use taxis, it’s so cheap and easy to drive and you have far more freedom. We didn’t take up the offer of the Valet parking at the hotel, you’ll find theme parks and restaurants don’t offer this service so it’s a good idea to learn to park yourself ;-)

There is a supermarket, pharmacy, garage and some basic places to eat within easy walking distance from the hotel.

The Hotel was spotless from top to bottom; we loved the pools (especially the lazy river which we felt required our attention on a few occasions just because it was great fun). The water flume was a laugh too and there were no availability issues with sunbeds although neither of us was interested in working on our tans, there’s just too much to see and do in Orlando to sit around. No idea what the gym was like, looked good from a distance and fairly empty but I had no intention of using it simply because I was on holiday and do enough exercise the rest of the year!

Not sure when our room was cleaned, we were always out by about 09:30 and never back until early evening so wouldn’t have a clue when it was done but the point is that it was always done and they always did a great job, no cleanliness complaints whatsoever and if we did happen to pass any housemaids in the corridors they were always really polite and smiley as were all the staff we dealt with, made us feel more welcome anyway.

The complimentary breakfast in Trevis was lovely, the buffet offered plenty of choice for cooked, continental, cereal, fruit or just sweet breakfast lovers out there. Again all the staff was welcoming and professional, Moe in particular was really fun and took pity on us after my wife had a slight mishap with some milk and a pack of Frosties! By the end of the second week all the staff knew us and knew what drinks we liked which was a really nice touch.

The hotel is clearly focused for adults, we were there out of season (8th Sept to 22nd Sept) and there were very few families and a lot of conventions going on for the two weeks, which didn’t particularly disturb us.

The only comments we really have to make are for some reason our balcony (room 404) only had one chair on it but then again it didn’t make any difference to us as we were never there to use it anyway so didn’t mention it to anyone.

After our first week in the hotel both room keys decided to not let us back in on our evening return, a quick walk to the front desk resolved this as they did whatever needed to be done in about 30 seconds and both keys worked perfectly for the rest of our time there. We also didn’t get a newspaper on one day.

A minor warning for any fellow Brits aiming to go to the Omni, there are no kettles available even after inquiring at the front desk to make a cup of tea in your room, only a coffee maker which we found a bit odd so take a travel kettle with you!

On checking out we noticed one oddity with our bill, we were well aware of the resort fee before ever opting to go there so as we'd done our homework so that wasn’t a surprise but for some reason on one evening we were charged for some odd golf drink and snacks that came to about 22 dollars when we never ate at the hotel, after querying this it was promptly removed and our card credited so someone somewhere got a free drink and snack by the sounds of it.

As mentioned by other quests the drinking water is over priced in the rooms, we went to Wall Mart and got 24 bottles of water that lasted us the two weeks for under 4 dollars so I’m amazed if anyone would pay 5 dollars for one bottle of the stuff in the room!

And finally I see what people have been saying regarding noise in the corridors, you can hear everything anyone says when they are in the corridor when the door is shut?! It didn’t really disturb us but it should be looked into.

All in all staying at the Omni was the perfect choice for us, we wanted to stay somewhere where we would have privacy, a great quality of service and beautiful surroundings and the Hotel achieved all of this and far more for us. We have such fond memories of our entire honeymoon and have no hesitation in recommending the Omni to all.

• Liked — The Lazy River!!!
  • Disliked — Feeling like you were walking into a fridge everytime you enter the Hotel, air cons very low!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KevAndJu08
Dear Newlyweds, Congratulations and thank you for choosing our resort for your honeymoon. I will share your great comments with our Associates (Moe especially). We hope you will stay with us again the next time you travel to the Orlando area. Best wishes to you both!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Lake Buena Vista
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,584 reviews
Waldorf Astoria Orlando
#27 of 337 in Orlando
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,119 reviews

Been to Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate? Share your experiences!