“Resort Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Davenport
Johns Creek, United States
“Resort Hotel”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

The experience my family just had at Champions Gate in Orlando was one the best you could ever experience in my 30 years + of traveling. They would rank right up there with the Ritz Carlton. The hotel, staff and food experience would meet or beat any of the 5 Star Hotels/Resorts in the area. It is hard today to experience a great visit to a hotel all on one trip. They are to be commended for all of their consistent efforts in keeping the guest satisfied from the room to the restaurant to the amenities that are offered.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (550)
longwood, United States
Reviewed April 14, 2014

My kids and I just stayed for one night to get away while my husband was working near the hotel for the week. The kids - 2 and 4 years old - loved the pool and lazy river. We sadly missed the outdoor movie they were showing, but would have planned to do that had I read the resort activities list. The room was nice and clean, and pretty quiet - we only heard a few guests running down the hallways at night. The only drawback is that you're pretty much limited to eating at the hotel or driving a bit to eat somewhere else. We ate at an Italian restaurant near the hotel that was pretty awful, and should have just stayed on site for dinner.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Pensacola, United States
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This is a great resort hotel at a reasonable price. It's family friendly. I'd prefer it a little less family friendly. I enjoyed a $250 dinner for 2 (okay...drinks and wine raised the price). The steaks were perfect but at 7:30 PM the place was filled with families and young children eating grilled cheese. Same for the pool. Nice "adults only" pool... only the adults were bringing their children there. Nothing against children, but I'd prefer they would be encouraged to use the family pool and family restaurants at the property. I've stayed here before and I'll certainly stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Longwood, United States
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Love this resort. It was the destination for a seminar I attended. Love the choice of restaurants and the resort itself is beautiful. This is a nice place to stay for business or pleasure. I would most certainly return.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I have stayed at this place to attend an annual conference three years in a row; it is upscale, clean and nice. The staff I interacted with were very friendly and professional, especially Raquel at the Conceirge (who saved me by charging my phone) and Sofia at the front desk.I had trouble registering by phone initially; the place did not want to honor the room rate that my organization negotiated. I had to get that straightened out. The first night I was initially rebuffed at the front desk when I asked if they had a charger. The next day I approached the Conceirge who had a drawer full of them. It is things such as this that can mar a visit. Last year I experienced all kinds of problems with parking The year before that we had to fight about a "resort fee" being tacked onto the negotiated room rate for our event. So, nice as this place is and nice as the staff is, there is always something that keeps me from recommending this place with no reservations.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I stayed 2 nights at the Omni while going to Epcot and although it is roughly what you can expect by this standard of hotel, I was a bit disappointed. Our cushions smelled funny (as in: I'm not sure they were the freshest/ cleanest). We asked for soap as it was not replenished after the first night and had to call a second time to get it delivered. The only way to park there is on their property and they charge you USD 17 to USD 25 whether you self- or valet-park. While it seems to be largely standard in Florida, I find it shocking when you have no other choice...it's a good thing I got a very good deal to stay there, it was not worth more than what I paid.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 12, 2014

The Omni Championsgate resort is average in terms of facilities and service. The public areas are well kept, however the rooms are looking a little tired, but they are clean. The golfing facilities are in good condition and the prices are reasonable.

The service does not compare to other resorts of similar caliber. The restaurants in both the main hotel and at the club house were extremely slow, the bartenders were borderline rude. I would say that overall, what was evidently missing from the restaurant and bar staff was care for their customers and pride in service delivery. In fact they were indifferent and at times rude. Bartenders in the hotel lounges acted as if it was an inconvenience when we ordered drinks, our lunch in the club house took over one hour to receive our food and when it arrived we had to ask for cutlery which was brought to us one set at a time instead of cutlery for the whole table. The only exception was the staff in the bar by the pool, they were good and very attentive.

The spa treatment was excellent as was the staff. The concierge staff at the front desk was hit and miss, I had one who made my first spa booking for me while another told me I could book the second treatment by calling the spa directly (as if I didn't know that but I thought since I was in the lobby she would do that for me)

With so many golf & spa resorts available worldwide, there was nothing about my experience that would make this visit memorable.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Nathalie R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Hilton Orlando
#50 of 338 in Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort
Villas of Grand Cypress
#1 of 338 in Orlando

Been to Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate? Share your experiences!