“Great stay”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Davenport
Orlando, Florida
“Great stay”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Great property. Stayed there for business conference. Pool, lazy river (and slide) were great. The room was spacious and landscaping was great. Meeting facilities nice too. I will be back again this year on business and would consider a personal stay too.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike566

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (557)
Texas
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is a pretty hotel, close to attractions but away from the congested hustle and bustle. Pools and especially the lazy river were beautifully landscaped. Lazy river was too slow, and had a couple of "dead" spots. Some pool towels had yellow stains, presumably from suntan lotion, but for an Omni hotel, I felt they should have been cloroxed or discarded. Several staff members were brusque to the point of being rude. The feeling was that they were doing you a favor by being there and you were an intrusion. Hotel has $16/day self-parking and $24/day valet fees as well as $22/day resort fees. Rates generally start around $200, with some specials now and again. A bottle of water in the room was $6.00 For these prices I expected a better experience from the staff. Although this Omni has been on my "bucket list" for some time, I did not find anything special about this property, other than the water features. There are so many hotels in the area that WANT my business and have more competitive prices that I will not return to this property.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Travelingonabudget
K_Burnett, Manager at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Travelingonabudget,

Thank you for choosing our resort and for taking time to submit a review. We just received a new shipment of towels for replacement and replenishment purposes. We apologize that we didn't have them sooner during your stay. We will address your comments about the service with our teams and we apologize and hope that you will reconsider and return to see the improvements. Best regards!
Cedar Park, Texas
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. We booked through Priceline and only knew that the hotel was listed as 4 and 1/2 stars when we made the reservation. I hoped it would be nice, but I guess I was worried about where we were going before we arrived since we got a really good rate. But I enjoyed it very much and wasn't disappointed at all. It's a very nice, upscale hotel.

We had a little mix up with our shuttle service to Disney the first day and received a note the next day apologizing for the situation so that was very nice.

The pool and surrounding areas looked beautiful but I didn't get to explore them as much since we were really there just for an overnight trip and two days at Disney. (The hotel is an easy drive to Disney, maybe 10 -15 minutes away.) If we return next year, will definitely stay again.

2 Thank SouperK
Veracruz, Mexico
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

The stay started out okay. The room was clean, seemed pretty nice. After the first night, maid service didn't show up to change the room until around 9:30pm when we were getting ready to go to dinner. The maids came back while we were out and just made the beds, an didn't change out the towels that were left on the floor by the door.

The next morning, I left at about 5:45am. My wife was going to the car at 7:00am to get ready to meet me at an ironman race, after exiting the elevator, she slipped on a ton of ice that somebody had dumped on the marble floor. A desk manager came to her aid explaining he just sent somebody to get a "slippery floor" sign yet left the ice on the floor unattended. My wife was in a lot of pain and they called an ambulance to take her to the hospital. She called me from the hospital ER telling me what happened. Nobody from the hotel went with her nor checked on her in the ER. Essentially she was stuck at the Haines City Hospital with no ride, in tons of pain, and frazzled by the entire incident.

My brother had driven his car to the race and had his car keys in a bag in Transition (the area where you switch from swimming to biking, and biking to running). Race officials understanding my situation allowed me to retrieve his car keys so I could go pick her up from the ER. I left the race, picked her up, went to a pharmacy got the medicine the ER doctors had prescribed. We returned to the race several hours after it had started to miss seeing my brother race. Basically, we got to see him cross the finish line and that was it.

We went to the front desk upon returning to the hotel to ask to speak with somebody in regards with how they were going to handle this situation. The desk clerk called somebody who came to talk with us. They told us that there was nobody there on duty we could talk to that we had to talk with their loss prevention manager "Michael" who would be in Monday morning. We asked a few more questions and were treated very rudely.

We stayed another night so that we could talk with "Michael" on Monday morning. Again we went to the front desk, "Michael" wasn't in and wouldn't be in until Tuesday, and he's the only one that could help us. Again, the managers who came out from the back in red shirts were rude and turned very defensive when we asked about their insurance to turn in our hospital bill, and the names of employees that had witnessed the event.

Nobody from the resort EVER checked-up on her. They ruined our weekend to say the least. Missed 85% of my brothers race, which was the only reason we were in town...

The maids showed up late 6,9 and 11pm on the nights we were there, and didn't even clean the room. I had to chase down a maid on the second day just to get fresh towels.

This place sucks! Stay closer to Orlando if your in the area. Cypress Grand is a much nicer resort, just to name one. The management at this hotel is poor at best. I've stayed all over the US and Canada and have never encountered such garbage treatment.

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank waterproofpanda
Dear Waterproofpanda,

We are very sorry for the accident that occurred during your stay. We invite you to contact the resort if you still have pending concerns. Best regards!
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stayed there with my family for a long weekend. The staff was extremely friendly from the valets to the dining staff. The resort was very clean. My wife and I enjoyed the pool and lazy river as much as our two children who also enjoyed the water slide. Swimming was available until 10 p.m. as well as an outdoor movie and fire pit. There is also a camp for the kids which we did not use. This trip was for relaxation but next time would bring the golf clubs or rent them on site. There is also a par 3 course which was priced very reasonably.

2 Thank FLPappy
New Canaan, Connecticut
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Attended a large conference at this hotel and the facilities are up-to-date, clean and bright. The interaction with the staff in F&B, housekeeping, front desk and general house services was extremely pleasant and professional all in all this is a well run hotel. Gym and pool area are very nice and the golf course is in excellent shape. Location is a little on the out-skirts of Orlando but I recommend the hotel for a very consistent product and experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank PMM12
Buffalo, New York, United States
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Me ,my sister in law and her granddaughter arrived on a Friday. Right away we wanted to look all over to see everything they had there. Very friendly helpful staff. My bed was very comfortable,nice and quiet.Very kid friendly place.my niece spent time in camp Omni for kids to do crafts and do a build a bear. The family swimming pool was great and we loved the lazy river.Was not bored at all ,so much to do there ,even sat my the firepit at night. The only thing is try to avoid it in may the lovebugs drove us nuts. No fault of the hotels ,its just lovebug time. But I would definately come back to this hotel.

1 Thank Sue E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Hilton Orlando
#52 of 339 in Orlando
Villas of Grand Cypress
#1 of 339 in Orlando
Florida Center
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort

Been to Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate? Share your experiences!