“Great Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Davenport
Princeton, New Jersey
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

If you like the best golf, surroundings and food, this is a great place
to stay. The grounds and golf courses are spectacular. Outdoor pool is breathtaking, Try dinner at the asia fusion restaurant, Unusual meu and great food, Spluge-enjoy

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (539)
Fenton
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Loved this resort. We choose it for the Lazy River...very nice!!(unlike Monte Carlo in Las Vegas).
The Lazy River was beautiful....nice and long and winding...in and out of shade and sun with no extra cost.
Great pool area! Fun activities for all ages.

The restaurants were great and close by the pool (wish they had more vegetarian/vegan options). The resort also has shuttle service to Disney World which made everything so much easier!!

They also had great golfing! I never played before, but my son took me out for some lessons.
We had a mini round.
Lots to do at this resort...Clean hotel...comfortable bed and linens. I would stay here again!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KidBF
Hong Kong
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed at Omni for 4 nights for a work retreat. It is a standard 5-star hotel, nothing super amazing which blew my socks off.

The room is spacious. Nothing too special about it. HDTV is a nice touch but it is increasingly common in 5-star hotels anyway. The lack of a kettle is annoying but I suppose it's an American thing (they are more likely to drink coffee than tea). When I called housekeeping for a kettle I was told that the coffee machine can also boil water. Well, let's just say that the hot water which comes out of the coffee machine has a strong coffee smell... which means that my mint tea isn't exactly mint tea! Other than this I was pleased with the room. I had free WiFi in my room as a Omni member (membership is free; so be sure to sign up before checking-in at the hotel).

Bathroom amenities were below standard. Nothing to rave about the shampoo, soap, etc.

I tried to go to the golf driving range but was turned away when I got there. Reason was that I wasn't in golf attire. Fair enough I suppose, since the driving range is on the green itself.

I went to the gym during my stay and it is adequate. Enough treadmills and cycling machines for all who were there.

The resort felt very cold all the time I was there. I think the air-conditioning is turned on too high; I could practically hear the blast of air when I walked along the corridors. Hopefully the hotel can be more environmentally conscious and turn it down! I don't see why I have to wear a sweater while I was IN the hotel when it was so balmy outside.

One last thing - in all my travels I have never encountered a hotel which charges a fee for keeping a package for me. I did some online shopping prior to my stay and got the packages delivered to the hotel. I even called and emailed the hotel before I arrived to say that I am expecting several packages but I wasn't told that I will be charged. When I arrived, the packages were then sent to my room but I recevied a bill for all the packages they kept for me! I brought this to the attention of the concierge the next day and thankfully they waived the charges. However I was warned that this is the only time they would do this; in the future if I stay at Omni and have packages delivered I will have to pay the fee. I feel that this is a ridiculous policy which everyone should know about.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank greenflubber
Northborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed here for two nights on business. Very much enjoyed the hotel, I highly recommend it.

The Good:

Room was terrific
Bed very comfortable
Pool and lazy river were exceptional
Location is convenient to Disney Parks
Staff was helpful
Internet access was included in price

My only slight complaint was the room temperature which didn't get as cool as I would have liked.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Miusa
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The resort was beautiful along with the golf course and lazy river. The hotel was very clean - there were constantly cleaning around lobby and pool area. The pools were never crowded and the outdoor firepit was nice. The room was fine, but I wished that I asked for a room with a baloney to enjoy the sun when it was out. The room has a small refrigerator. I do agree with others about when you turned the shower on it was a screaching noise, but did not bother me. I was there for a conference and the conference food was nothing to rave about. I did have lunch at Croc's the poolside cafe and the food was great. The water in the hotel was not drinkable by my standards and I'm not usually that picky, but I would definately suggest buying bottled water up the street which is within walking distant. Their is a grocery store, Walgreens, and Chili and some other stores within walking distant. I did not go to the spa, but several people in my party raved about the spa that went. I'm not sure of the regular room rate but we had a corporate rate of $200.00 a night.

Room Tip: Definately request a room with a baloney
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Happy140
Gravesend, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Very experienced and helpful hospitality staff. Hotel set in a magnificent environment. Very captivating place. If you are not driving in , the hotel can book transport to pick you up from the airport for a fee. This you must do at the time of booking your hotel reservation. I felt treated like a royalty and will defintely be visiting the place again. I came here for a wedding , and the grounds were perfect for the couple and guests to take pictures, to fit the memorable day perfectly well.

Room Tip: I can only say about the room I stayed, and I slept beautifully.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Hudson, Florida
Reviewed May 3, 2013

MY wife and I stayed here for a wedding. The hotel property is beautiful, however service could use some attention. Upon arrival no valet person approached my car until after I waited 5min and started to approach them. I removed the bags from my car myself while the valet service person stood there. I was also tending to my 2 year old son while all this was going on. The front desk failed to mention that the on site parking of $16/day was covered by the wedding, so attempted to charge me for it until I brought it to their attention. The room was nice but average sized, we paid a discoutned rate, however the full rate was over $300/night. The plumbling needs attention, every time we used the water in the bathroom a loud screatching noise filled the room. After speaking to other wedding guests, they complained of the same problem. The pool and lazy river were amazing and really made the trip wonderful. My loved the family pool area that had alot of fountains for him to play in. Overall the hotel is nice, just over priced for the service received.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
K_Burnett, Manager at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear AppsMan3,

Thank you for your feedback. We value your business and will review your comments with our team to identify the opportunities for improvement. We are happy that you enjoyed the recreation amenities and we hope you will stay with us again soon. Best regards!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Lake Buena Vista
Reunion Resort of Orlando
#13 of 152 in Kissimmee
Waldorf Astoria Orlando
#25 of 337 in Orlando

Been to Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate? Share your experiences!