“Welcomed Refuge” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Davenport
Mesa, Arizona
“Welcomed Refuge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

We had plans to stay with a friend while visiting Orlando...that didn't work out once we got there and we were left scrambling for a place to stay. It was Spring Break and most of the hotels were sold out (even properties 45 minutes west of Disney). We noticed the Omni as we exited the freeway. I called for pricing and spoke with Ryan who offered us a decent rate for the evening. This is what I consider a high end hotel. The average nightly rate is $200 plus a $20 resort fee per day, plus $16 per day self parking fee. Ryan put us in a room on the 15th floor. We had an amazing view of the golf course, lazy river, pool, jacuzzi, and firepit. It was awesome! The room was spacious and just gorgeous. The beds were super comfy. The large bathroom was also amazing. One big plus, large, fluffy bathsheets. It felt as if we had our own floor. It was so quiet! Pure luxury. I wish I could afford to stay at this hotel all the time. If you can afford it, I highly recommend it. If you can't, I suggest you start saving your money...it's well worth it..and then stay here. We went to Epcot the following day and it was only a short 15 minute drive. Easy access to and from. Absolutely loved it!

Room Tip: Our room on the 15th floor was quiet. The view was amazing too.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is a beautiful resort on a golf course on the quiet end of Orlando. The grounds are well maintained and beautifully landscaped-- I am not a golfer but the course was designed by Greg Norman. There are two pools, one for adults and a very large family pool with "zero entry" sides, plus a waterslide. Cabanas with flat screen TVs can be rented at the adult pool. There are children's water play areas at the family pool, and there is also a poolside restaurant and bar. But the best attraction is the lazy river! This is a very long heated lazy river with fountains and a waterfall and bubbles along the course. The hotel also has a sand volleyball court, basketball court, tennis courts, and a arcade. There is a "Kids Club" as well available for babysitting in the evening and they give you half off if you eat at one of the hotel's restaurants. They also have activities going on for kids all day and were having a "dive in" movie the night we were there. There is a deli and also coffee shop with Starbucks, but if you don't want to eat there at resort prices, Publix, McDonald's and Subway, as well as a pizza and Chinese place, are just down the road. This place is great for kids, but also luxurious enough for a romantic getaway. We could see the hot air balloons flying in the morning--a breathtaking view over the golf course. The fitness room is 24 hours and very large with bikes, ellipticals, treadmills, weights, and weight machines, all with TV screens. The room is standard, nothing spectacular, but if you get a balcony room you can't beat the view. The room rates are reasonable, especially for this type of resort. Disney exits are within ten or fifteen minutes, but they also have a free shuttle. You could make a vacation just of staying here and never miss the parks!

New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

The property here is very nice and big. There are a couple restaurants and other smaller coffee shops / deli's to get food. This was my last stop after an exhausting week of golf and road racing (at Sebring Int'l Raceway), so getting good rest was a priority. I also wanted to get one more round of golf in before leaving back to NY.

Check-in was very quick and efficient. There was a conference being held at the hotel, but it wasn't too noisy or crowded.

The one thing that annoyed me was the noise of lawn mowers extremely early in the morning. Not exactly what I wanted to wake up to, especially after wanting to catch up on sleep and get some real rest. I feel like it's something that was probably heard all day as the maintenance crew was all over the golf course, even when I finished around Noon.

Staff is friendly though and the Fitness Center looked pretty good from the outside

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bloomington, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Family of four stayed here 2/11/2013-2/14/2013 in the Villas, room 2-207. This was out third stay. I have two prior reviews of this place that you can review for comparison. We have stayed here 15 nights in the past 18 months. While I still enjoy this property, it is not a place we to which we will return during Spring Break.

It is clear that management has set its sight on making this a great business convention destination, not a family resort. To that extent, it looks like they have been very successful. This place was packed throughout of our stay with conventions, meetings, and catered business events. There were only a handful of families there. The once thriving family pools were mostly empty. The water slide was unattended except upon request. The pool restaurant was closed one day. Two out of three days the formal pool was closed all or part of the day. The main family pool was frigid. At the height of the day, barely anyone used it. I should have complained, but I hate to be the person doing that. The lazy river's water temperature was bearable. The lazy river pool itself was dirty. The bottom drains were caked with debris from the trees and bushes. The river had a lot of leaves floating around, not fresh leaves, but soggy, decaying leaves that had been in there for a while. The water cannon was again inoperable. It wasn't working a year ago, and I question whether they ever fixed it.

The Villa was great, as it has been each time. You get a lot of bang for the buck with the Villas since you get the amenities (room service) of the hotel with the space of a large condo and a full kitchen. 4 flat screens with hi-def. We were on the second floor on the west side of the building which faces the golf course. The driving range is near. While the view is good, it meant that we were awakened each morning between 5-5:50 a.m. to what sounded like a huge mower, but must have been the vehicle they use for retrieving golf balls.

My girls enjoyed two evenings at Camp Omni, which they love. The Omni does a great job of keeping them safe, fed, and entertained for a couple hours.

The level of service near the pool is down, but it remains friendly. In fact, every employee I encountered at the Omni was friendly and courteous.

Room Tip: Choose a Villa room on the east side of the building on a high floor. It is quieter and you have ev...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Abilene, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights to attend a conference. Everything about this place is top notch. The food is excellent, although it could be a little pricey. I ate the most awesome burger that had rib meat inside of it at the sports bar. The Italian restaurant was outstanding. The food was very authentic. I was stationed in Italy for 4 years and am always looking for places to capture that time of my life. Our conference breakfasts, lunches and one dinner were put on by the hotel. I did not taste anything I didn't like. It was too cool for the pools, but I really wanted to float in the lazy river. I did use the gym and thought they had excellent choices. The standard room was perfect. Good bed, TV, morning coffee service. The bathrooms are huge with great water pressure and heat. I don't have anything negative about the hotel itself. The only thing I would caution is to know how far away WDW and Universal Studios is. They have shuttles that cost you $25ish or so. I took a taxi on my checkout day to a hotel near Universal Studios, then dropped off at the park... the taxi cost $69 including tip. So over all I totally recommend this resort to relax at the pool, enjoy outstanding food and have a great place to sleep.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

First, I realize that I have not written many reviews but have used this site hundreds of times and it is has been a true source of info for me and my family but this hotel deserves this review for their effort or lack there of. I have stayed at Omni hotels in Pittsburgh, awesome place downtown as well as Philly with a great old school theme but here in Orlando a little different. The grounds and rooms were very nice but the front desk and concierge was not bad but a nightmare!!! With a family attempting a disney vacation you sort of rely on the concierge to help coordinate shuttle buses to parks,etc but we found ourselves literally left at magic kingdom for 2 and 1/2 hours while the outside shuttle bus tried to figure a way to pick us up. After literally 10 calls to the concierge from the parking lot at Magic Kingdom we were told a town car was coming to get us after we were left stranded (mind you with a sick 10 year old/crying 2 year old) nooooo town car showed and we had to wait for the next scheduled shuttle to get us after we were left with no shuttle 2 1/2 hours earlier. To illustrate how bad this was, the next day the shuttle bus drivers were extremely apologetic over and over, remembering what happened the night before but as far as management went at hotel, not even a whimper,apology,attempt at making a customer happy. Front desk and concierge did not care even a little and for a hotel of this stature, simply weak. Management knew the deal and not even a phone call, I warn any family thinking of this hotel for a disney vacation....be careful, they care about golf and resort fee's. Oh and I forgot, I am acutally a select guest member and got this kind of treatment. The beauty of the hotel cannot be denied but service was deplorable, especially RJ at front desk, beware.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Horselovr
K_Burnett, Manager at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Horselovr,

Thank you for being a loyal guest of Omni Hotels and Resorts. We value your feedback. We are very sorry for your transportation experience and would like you to contact us for further followup. We will attempt to send you a private message to allow you the opportunity to get in touch with us in hopes that we can make up for some of what happened during your stay. Again we apologize and hope we can be of service to you again in the future. Kind regards!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

This place is awesome! Rooms are awesome! Staff are awesome! Awesome hotel for that one on one get away 0_- if u know what I mean. If u are with the family no worries they got u. Because the are I guess awesome like that some thing for everyone and they will do everything to make sure u are 100% on your stay. I for got they are awesome!!!

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Villas of Grand Cypress
#1 of 335 in Orlando
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,365 reviews
Lake Buena Vista
Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort
Reunion Resort of Orlando
#13 of 153 in Kissimmee
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,523 reviews

Been to Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate? Share your experiences!