“Elegant work conference”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Davenport
Newport
“Elegant work conference”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was impressed in every aspect of this resort. Attended a conference and had the benefit of a couple days of relaxation. Everything about this spoke of customer comfort and service. The rooms were clean. The resort offered two hot tubs a family pool just a very relaxing work experience

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Michelle P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
Johns Creek, Georgia
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Fantastic property and staff. Super clean inside and beautiful grounds. Quiet and relaxing location but still a reasonable drive to the major attractions. Free shuttle to Disney. Dinner at Trevi's was excellent and reasonably priced, even for a resort. My wife commented on the bruschetta and waiter Carlos took us out to the manicured herb garden after dinner. Doesn't get fresher than that. Pools are heated. The kids pool with tube slide and wandering river are separate from the adult quiet pool and jacuzzi. The jacuzzi was larger than those on cruise ships. Executive par 3 golf course is lighted and a nice touch. A Publix, McDonald's and Chili's are very close by, but not much more right now. Still, location is great. Would definitely return. Probably not the first choice for teens looking for games and shopping down the street.

Room Tip: Lower floors along the front of the hotel might overlook the rooftop hvac units and parking lot. We...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Califon, New Jersey
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Just returned from a buddy golf trip on Super Bowl Sunday and this is the second time staying at this property.
The good is the golf and the pro shop staff the courses are in very good condition and the staff is great.
The bad was your reservation, we booked three rooms and had the golf package, the people who take the phone reservations need training, we ended up with 10 separate reservations! When we arrived the first person at the front desk wasn't much help, finally I got lucky and BJ did a great job and straightened out.
The ugly Dave,s restaurant I'm not sure what happened the last time we were their it was pretty good but now terrible, I had the grouper over something? Dry horrible and the next night was Superbowl Sunday we hoped to eat at Zen but it was closed, not sure why?
But to leave things on a good note, although the property is a bit off the beaten path and I realize its not the Ritz But the rooms are clean, the golf is pretty good.

Room Tip: Get the premiere room with a golf course view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Richard Y
K_Burnett, Manager at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Richard Y,

Thank you for choosing Omni Orlando for your Superbowl Golf Getaway! We apologize for the confusion with your golf package and glad to hear that BJ came to the rescue and organized things for your group. I will be sure to pass along your comments about the restaurant so we can make the improvement there for next time. We hope we have the opportunity to service your golf group in the future. Best regards!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed February 7, 2013

My husband booked the overnight and spa day for me as a result of having 3 kids in 3 years and mommy needed some r&r. Fortunately, I got the relaxation, thanks to the Incredible people at the on site spa. Unfortunately, there was no rest to be had on floor 6! Must have been several events @omni that night because loud, drunken people kept stumbling by all night! I finally called it quits at 4:30a, got showered and dressed and was out by 6a. Front desk not very apologetic and even asked me why I didn't call down. Well... What were they going to do? Predict who was going to make noise en route to their room on floor 6?? I knew it wasn't their fault. I was just so disappointed that I would have had better rest at home. And my husband tried so hard to give me a break. But on to the good stuff... The spa! The whirlpool and showers were very nice clean, but what made the spa so great was the super sweet and accommodating staff. My treatments were fabulous, and the champagne kept flowing. I think my husband had something to do with that but still... Loved every minute of that spa. Would go back again for sure! I ate dinner at the Italian place (Trevi?) and the service was what was outstanding there, too. Shamefully I can't remember my Moroccan server's name but he made it a very enjoyable dinner, despite the so-so filet. Can't put my finger on why it wasn't great. It just wasn't. Not seared. Not very juicy. Not very flavorful. But the service and wine were great!

Room Tip: Maybe ask to be AWAY from the party people? Not sure how to get away from the madness.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank heatherdj22
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 6, 2013

After much thought, we decided to stay here and were very glad we did! In town to visit my mother and go to Disney with my husband, the room was a great deal, we stayed a week, and everything was clean and nicely maintained and serviced. As an Omni member, we love the coffee delivered free each morning. Our room was large and had a great view of the pool and golf course. The staff at the pool was very friendly and while the food there is just ok, the bloody Mary's are great and the people watching is good too. We LOVED our TWO meals at Zen, one of the in-house restaurants. There is also a steak house on site and while we didn't eat there, we had drinks which were good (and the place is comfortable). The spa on site is also very good (if a bit pricey). There was NO SIGN of this being anywhere near Disney and yet it was so close by. We loved getting back in the afternoon and relaxing, it all felt very luxurious and the in room entertainment was great and the bed very comfortable. A great stay for sure and would def go back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This resort is located in a community about 15 minutes from Disney World and 45 minutes from downtown Orlando. But it is one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at. Rooms were large and very comfortable, with plenty of electric ports to plug in computers and devices. In addition to the golf, the big draw here in my opinion is the pool area. Two pools are on property, a large quiet pool for basic swimming, and a larger pool for recreation. In addition to a makeshift basketball hoop, a feature of this larger pool is the 3-story tall enclosed water slide. After a short drop, you twist and turn in a figure eight before splashdown. Very fun, but it can be very dizzy after a while. Need a break? Hop into a large lazy river, one of the largest I have seen in a hotel resort.

Booking here on a multi-day rate really saves money; I was able to get a 3-day deal for the price of 2. This place is well worth the visit, even if the attractions are so far away.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel to participate in a 3d lacrosse event. The room was pretty basic but kept very clean. The pools were very nice. Our son enjoyed the lazy river. We ate most of our meals at the hotel other than a couple Subway lunches. The breakfast buffet was very good (the omelet lady was super nice). Our favorite meal was at the Italian restaurant (spaghetti and meatballs were great, penne, and veal all were excellent). The food at David's Club was also good. Fish tacos by the pool were good and our Margheritas and Bloody Marys were tasty with the right amount of alcohol. My husband stays at Omni fairly frequently so we were upgraded to a room with a balcony and comped a few breakfasts. The service at the hotel is what really made a great impression on us. We have vacationed at higher priced hotels but found the service at this Omni to be more memorable. Check-in, housekeeping, pool attendants, restaurant servers were all very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Lake Buena Vista
Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort
Reunion Resort of Orlando
#12 of 152 in Kissimmee
Villas of Grand Cypress
#1 of 335 in Orlando
Waldorf Astoria Orlando
#28 of 335 in Orlando

Been to Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate? Share your experiences!