We chose this hotel to celebrate our son's 5th birthday weekend. The hotel was LOVELY and the staff went above and beyond for my son's birthday (i.e., they sent up a small cake!). Big shout-out to Norma Spence, the hotel's Pre-Arrival Coordinator, for being so thoughtful. My sons loved being able to eat cake in their hotel room -- mom and dad took a bite too. :)
We had a GREAT time. The hotel is not far from the parks at all, maybe a 10-minute drive? There is also a small shopping area just off the hotel grounds with a Publix grocery store, pizza shop, convenience store, etc.). While we didn't golf this trip, the hotel is a golfer's paradise (but they also have a spa, zero-entry pools, lazy river).
It's very hard to find complaints, but here are the suggestions I have for the hotel:
1. For a hotel that says it's "family friendly," they don't keep in mind what time families with young kids (ours are 5 and 2) actually GO TO BED and plan the nightly turn-down service and cookie-and-milk delivery with that in mind. For example, while the cookies are a very thoughtful and generous touch (part of being a Select Guest member), the 9:30pm delivery was a little late. A better option? Mark which guests have young kids, then plan to have the cookies and turndown service at a far earlier hour (ideally 7:30pm) before the family has already gone to sleep.
2. The advertised "free shuttle" to the parks did not work for our needs. While it left the resort at a reasonable hour in the morning, the only return options were very late (i.e., depart parks at 8:45pm). Again, for a hotel that is so "family friendly" keep in mind that a family with 2 small kids will NOT be able to tolerate the parks for 12+ hours. I hope the Omni considers adding a return shuttle option earlier in the day, perhaps 5:30pm or 6pm, at least during the weekends? Small kids generally go to bed by 9pm, especially after a long day at Disney World. It was a little frustrating having to pay both Omni's $14 resort parking fee AND Disney World's daily parking fee.
3. The room service was speedy, the man who delivered it was exceptionally kind, the presentation was great, but the food was just "eh" -- didn't overwhelm us.
4. Again, as part of being a Select Guest member, we LOVED the complimentary beverage service in the morning.
5. Our sons LOVED the welcome goody bags!
We had a good experience...the beds were comfortable, the rooms were VERY clean. We wish it had been warmer so we could have fully used the pool...weird cold snap over Thanksgiving weekend. But we will be back one day when the temps are hotter -- it's definitely a very, very nice, clean, and beautiful resort.
And all those perks make me want to continue my loyalty with Omni hotels -- so please consider the "special needs" of families with very young kids. Thanks, Omni, and keep up the great work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The four-diamond Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate, located just 6 miles from Walt Disney World(R) Resort, provides scheduled transportation to the Walt Disney World(R) Theme Parks. In addition to 36 holes of championship golf, guests enjoy 15 acres of recreation including an 850 ft. lazy river, zero entry family pool, formal pool with private cabanas, and a lighted, 9-hole par 3 golf course, signature Mokara Spa a 24 hour fitness center, and seven on-site dining options. The main resort features 720 newly renovated guest rooms. In addition, there are 49 two- and three-bedroom luxury resort villas, equipped with full kitchens, a dining room, living room and private patio. The resort is located just 6 miles from the Walt Disney World(R) Magic Kingdom, and within 20-30 minutes from Universal, SeaWorld, the Shopping Outlets and Mall at Millenia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Omni Hotels & Resorts, Hotels.com, SAS Ticati.COM, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Omni Orlando Resort At Championsgate Hotel Davenport