“This is a great place to get away from the hussle and bussle from the Theme Parks”

Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Davenport
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband and and I took a staycation here during the off season. The ammenities were great. Very clean, comfortable and quite. I would recommend this location for couples as well as families. If you want to relax and get awsy in a serene setting near Orlando, this ud a wonderful choice!

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed October 29, 2012

My firm booked this location for a busniess meeting recently. I found the front and bell staff to be very accomodating, friendly and willing to answer any question I had. My room was very quiet and clean and everything worked well. I had breakfast at Trevi's, ordered off of the menu and had an excellent meal with a very attentive server. I did not play golf but did manage to relax during several downtime opportunities. The grounds are beautiful and my experience was one that I would like to return here for pleasure someday.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed at the Omni while attending Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween. We drove over from the Tampa Bay Area, so the access to the hotel was great and right off of I-4. There is a Chili's, Publix, 7-11, and other stores right at the exit to the hotel. The bell staff was very friendly, but the desk staff was a bit clueless. They had difficulty getting our room switched back to the double queens because the suite only had a pull-out in the second room. Getting to Disney was very simple, especially because we were going in for the Halloween Party while everyone else was leaving. We drove our personal car, took 15-20 minutes to get in and park right up by the ferry/monorail station. The next morning, we had the breakfast buffet at Trevi's. We were hoping it would be better than the typical Disney dining you find at other resorts closer to the parks. The omelettes were oily and runny, bacon/sausage were of low quality, and ALL the breads, muffins, and pastries were stale. Coffee was ok, but they have a Starbucks in the downstairs shop, so that saved us. The pool area was wonderful. Our 12 year olds enjoyed the slide, lazy river, and pool table. Great for little ones too, as there were Zero entry areas on both sides of the pool They had a nice outdoor bar with food and a pleasant wait staff. Booked an internet rate of $119 (including breakfast with 12 &under eat free). However, many taxes, fees, and parking added another $65. Other than the food, the room quality was great - clean, good size, with nice size bathroom.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Attended a meeting/training for work that was held here. Extremely nice hotel, room as great, two pools and lazy river provided a nice relaxing afternoon. Grounds were perfect for evening walk. Location is away from "typical" Orlando and Disney. Very quite only bad thing was there long enough to check out the golf. But the course looked great!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is definitely a higher-end hotel catered to special events like weddings or golf outings. I think the quality of the rooms and resort grounds (pool and lazy river) are worth the price. I do not recommend this hotel if you're visiting the themeparks, UNLESS you have a personal or rental car. They sub-contract their shuttle to the theme parks so there are only a few options to get dropped up / picked up at the parks. When we arrived, you must reserve the shuttle, but because of the inconvenient times we did not use it. We drove ourselves, so we luckily had our own car but couldn't fully enjoy Epcot's Food and Wine Festival (half of which is all about the "wine"). Ask for a golf-course view, dedicate at least a 1/2 day for the pool amenities (you are paying a resort fee after all) and you should not be disappointed. If you rely on it for the shuttle to theme parks and you don't take advantage of the pool, you will be disappointed. Also save money on breakfast by going down to the coffee shop on the first floor where they sell bagels, mini boxes of cereal and milk!

Room Tip: Ask for a high room with a view of the golf course. The other side is a large parking lot.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed at the Omni for a convention. When I arrived on Sunday I realized I did not have the correct 4 digit passcode to unlock the iphone my freind had let me use while away from home. The two valets were so helpful, one sent several messages to my freind the other let me use his phone to call home. After about 3 hours I went to the bell desk, Brian was most helpful and offered to let me use his phone to call home again, I didn't get to talk to anyone the first time I called. Brian let me call my husband, who still wasn't home???? and my mother in law. I just wanted someone to know why I could not be reached, the danged phone was locked. Anyway by 11 pm I was unlocked....thanks to my friend and the wonderful valets.
The conserige desk was so helpful too, the have iphone chargers for the guests, but you have to leave your phone there....I didn't care, I just thankful they could charge the phone for me.

I had a beautiful room and enjoyed the poolside cabana with a tv - now this isi high class living.

The hotel is within walkign distance of Chilis (2 for 1 drinks all day and cheap happy hour food 4-6 pm), Suway, McDonalds, a Pizzeria, Chinese food, and a Publix. I walked the palm lined sidewalk every mornign and night. The hotel food was too expensive for my work meal allowance. I enjoyed the fresh air - but keep a keen eye on the look out for one of the 15 alligators that live on the property. I say flamingos and rabbits too.
This is a great place and wil recommend this to anyone.

Thank you OMNI!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the building face East and overlook the parking lot and part of the golf cours...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We live in Orlando and stayed here for a weekend "staycation" because I had received an e-mail with a special FL resident rate ($120/night with taxes). We enjoyed our weekend at the hotel - especially the pool and the spa. The restaurant choices are good for a couple of days. The spa is nice, but perhaps a little overpriced. Be warned - they automatically add 20% gratuity to your bill - this doesn't seem to be posted clearly anywhere. Overall, for the price we paid (parking was included in the special rate), I can't complain, and would recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Reunion Resort, A Salamander Golf & Spa Resort
Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals
Rosen Shingle Creek
Rosen Shingle Creek
#41 of 342 in Orlando
Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center

Been to Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate? Share your experiences!