“Flawless stay”

Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Davenport
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Came here with my girlfriend and everything was excellent. A big thank you to Nelliza from room service, she did a spectacular job helping me to surprise her. Also wanted to recognize John from valet who was extremely amiable. Had a room on the 15th floor, great view of the pool. Unfortunately due to time constraints didn't get a chance to jump in the swimming pool or lazy river. Beautiful property throughout, and great service. The resort fee was kind of a bummer but it was totally worth it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed 3 nights in this hotel early October. We had an enjoyable stay, the hotel has very nice gardens with a lazy swimming pool to relax on after you come back from excursions and it has a small golf course as well.
The bedroom is fine, size a bit bigger than average, and comfortable bed.
The staff is friendly and attentive.
There are a few restaurants, the Italian one was closed most of the evening due to low occupancy, we ate there on the last evening. It was ok.
The zen was very good, very fresh and tasty fish, we tried the specialty of the house, it was excellent.
We also had dinner at the sports bar, and it was ok too. The fish was not too hot.
One of the annoyances was that although we had wifi, it was very slow and it was disconnecting very easily, whether you were in the room, in the lounge or anywhere on the premises.
The stay was enjoyable, but we found there was a lack of atmosphere, maybe because this was low season.
One last positive comment on this property. We forgot a jacket in the bedroom, and we called the hotel to find out if it had been found. The jacket was handed over and will be posted to the hotel we are staying shortly- we were very pleasantly surprised by this, as we have had negative experiences previously with items not being found or returned.

Overall a very pleasant stay..

Room Tip: ask for garden view, as otherwise you have a view over the roof and car park
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was by far one of our best hotel stays in Florida. The management must really place an emphasis on customer service, politeness and professionalism. We did not meet a single member of the hotel staff that didn't stop and acknowledge us in some way. Even the housekeeping personell insisted on yielding to us in the hallways and saying "hello." We didn't play golf or visit the spa but the workout facilities, pool, restaurants, and grounds were top notch. We would recommend that you eat at the hotel at least once while you stay. You won't regret it! The rooms were spacious, well layed out and the beds were amazing. So much so that we are buying one of their Omni Serta mattresses from the website. Lastly the rates for this kind of stay were a bargain. I have had to pay twice as much or more at other hotels to match the experience.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Starbucksismydrug
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stayed three nights during a conference.

Hotel is reasonably easy to find and is about 35-40 minutes drive from Orlando airport.

Didn't use the golf course or the pool amenities which I'm sure are the major draws to this place. The accommodation itself wasn't particularly inspiring and in comparison to other hotels in this price range, I felt that the rooms were on the functional side of comfortable.

The hotel itself feels vast and rather soulless, with a uniform beige colour scheme running through it. Conference facilities were comfortable and well maintained.

The Asian restaurant served mediocre food though with a good wine list; the 'sports bar' does good, standard American fare and the 'Italian' themed restaurant downstairs will provide you with rather uninspiring dishes in an open-plan, and again rather soulless, setting.

On checkout I was rather unhappy to have a 'resort fee' (for ameneties I did not use) added to my bill which to my mind is opportunistic and irritating. Morover, I ended up paying $14 per day for the privilege of leaving my rental car in the car-park. I could understand this in a city hotel, but for a property in an out of town location, this seems unnecesseary and left me feeling rather let down by the whole experience.

All in all, this is a good spot for a conference or a golfing weekend, but I can't say that I would ever choose this place over hotel in the same pice range. And watch out for those charges!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I spent a few days at the Omni Orlando. It is outside of Orlando in Championsgate, the name can be a bit confusing. About 20 minutes from Airport.

I was there for a business conference and thought the entire hotel was great.
Rooms were spacious and clean.
Staff were attentive and cordial.
Event catering was great and they even redid large ballroom with different themes for evening dinner.
Gym was big and clean looking out to golf course.
Golf Course was beautiful and a lot of action that I saw from my room and going for a jog. Many wildlife hanging around greens.
Pool looked nice, I saw two different pools and a lazy river. I did not get to go to the pool.
Lobby bar nice and roomy, always people hanging there.

I did eat at David's Club, a sports bar and grill. Great ambience and my waitress was great. A few TVs to catch the game.
Do yourself a favor - Try the Champions Gate Burger...an angus beef burger stuffed with braised short rib with grilled onions and brie!

I would not hesitate to return to the Omni Orlando.

1  Thank RRM1020
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Great place for large corporate meetings. I first want to mention an employee "Khalid" who I met at a breakfast function. He was a server you'd of thought he owned the hotel with how hard he worked, and how proud he was of his job and his employer.

The Pro's - The hotel is nice and the hotel staff are very friendly and seemed to go out of their way to accommodate any requests. Facilities were clean, great pool, and the food at our functions was outstanding when you take into consideration they were serving aprox 600 of us. The evening events were some of the best I've attended. Each night was a theme and the Omni did it right!

The Con's - Rooms were just nice, and beds were ok. Had issues with Air conditioning and maintenance came twice but never fixed. On second visit he told me exactly what was wrong and said he think what he did to resolve should work...if not, to call them back! Well of course it didn't and room hot again at night. Last night so didn't bother to call. Phone wasn't working and iron was damaged, so had to have those repaired/replaced as well. Dining in the hotel restaurant "ZEN" was not very good experience. My wife had an early dinner and had very poor service and said food was bland. She requested they spice it up and they didn't. Waiter took her order and then he disappeared. A waitress came by and asked to take her order and my wife told her it had been taken. Later the waiter brought her the check and disappeared again. Waitress then brought another check....

Overall - I probably wouldn't choose this location as a vacation spot. However, I would definitely come back for group functions or would recommend other corporations use this location.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room. They also have some rooms with balconey
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed at the Omni for a three day company conference. Knowing little about the property, I arrived with an open mind. My company, depending upon the economy and the event, has historically held events at a wide range of properties from mid range "business" hotels to luxurious premier properties. This Omni appears to be in the top 1/4 of the range. Every aspect of our stay was well executed. The rooms were pleasant, beds were comfortable and the business facilities top notch. The grounds were lovely and well maintained. While the hotel has a beautiful golf course, a fun 9 hole and multiple swimming pools, I did come away with the sense that these amenities were a side bar designed to please and appease the spouse and family of a Conference attendee, as opposed to the reason to stay. None-the less, I would definitely stay here again. Oh, did I mention that the food was very good? We even had an Ocktoberfest evening. I had dreaded attending, expecting bad and heavy German food. To my delight, the food was excellent, the beer was of excellent quality and even the ompa band was tolerable.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a balcony, otherwise you will be in a more sterile environment.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
#1 of 339 in Orlando
Waldorf Astoria Orlando
Waldorf Astoria Orlando
#27 of 339 in Orlando

Been to Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate? Share your experiences!