“Impressive experience”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Davenport
Seattle
“Impressive experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed at the Omni for a three day company conference. Knowing little about the property, I arrived with an open mind. My company, depending upon the economy and the event, has historically held events at a wide range of properties from mid range "business" hotels to luxurious premier properties. This Omni appears to be in the top 1/4 of the range. Every aspect of our stay was well executed. The rooms were pleasant, beds were comfortable and the business facilities top notch. The grounds were lovely and well maintained. While the hotel has a beautiful golf course, a fun 9 hole and multiple swimming pools, I did come away with the sense that these amenities were a side bar designed to please and appease the spouse and family of a Conference attendee, as opposed to the reason to stay. None-the less, I would definitely stay here again. Oh, did I mention that the food was very good? We even had an Ocktoberfest evening. I had dreaded attending, expecting bad and heavy German food. To my delight, the food was excellent, the beer was of excellent quality and even the ompa band was tolerable.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a balcony, otherwise you will be in a more sterile environment.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (532)
Cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

I really liked this property. The hotel is clean, modern, spacious, and well appointed. The staff I encountered seemed friendly and happy to assist. The room was very clean, quiet and comfortable with in-room coffee, great bed, good work area, free high speed internet, and a modern flat screen TV. The food I had on-site was very good. I didn't get a chance to try the pool, exercise room, or golf course, but they all looked great. I would not hesitate to stay here again!

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Staff was very polite and helpful....and what can i say for the breakfast.....ammaazzinngggg....never missed it....room was very clean and big enought..loved that i can look from the balcony the green colour of nature...played golf also for the first time....tha course was very big if your a golf lover!! The location was good with easy access to the highway..

Stayed October 2011
Yateley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Recently spent a week at this amazing hotel. The hotel is immaculate and the rooms are huge. We stayed in room 1254 which has the most amazing view over the pool, lazy river and golf course. The staff could not do enough for you and were so polite and accomodating. If I had one small gripe it would be the charge for parking ($14 per night) but that really is not a huge issue in the grand scheme of things when we paid under £400 for the 7 nights. Thank you Omni, we shall be returning

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Duluth, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Omni at ChampionsGate is an upscale golf resort just a few miles from.all of the Disney parks. Our room was plush, comfortable and immaculate. The lazy river around the pool area is a relaxing way to wind down. Highly recommend this excellent resort.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We just returned from spending a long weekend at the Omni Resort and were very pleased with the service, grounds, restaurant options and comfort. We also brought our two little dogs!!

The room was very clean and it smelled like it had just been remodeled. The bed was super comfortable with down pillows and covers and the bathroom was very clean and spacious. Even big enough to put the puppies crate.

The grounds are kept immaculate, there is a place to sit around the pool for everyone and the restaurants are pretty good. There are 2 main pools, a kids play area and of course the lazy river. The water was a little cold for my taste but I’m a Floridian so I guess everything below 80 degrees is cold for me!! If you are a golfer than this is definitely the place to stay because there is something to do for the entire family. There is also a clubhouse that we didn’t get to check out but it also has a restaurant.

The location of the hotel is great if you are planning on going to the parks a few times because it’s only about 10 minutes away. There is a hotel shuttle that can take you for an additional $20 pp. If you want to go to International Drive or the downtown area than be prepared to drive about 20 -30 minutes.

The hotel charges the common resort fee ($18), valet parking overnight is $24, and self parking is about $18 but I am not sure because we just valet. The pet fee is $50 per night per dog. So be prepared to add this to your final bill.

The email confirmation that I received from them a couple of days before stated that valet parking overnight is $18 but when the bill came it was $24 so I brought it up to their attention and they issued a credit right away. I wished they offered the service to walk your dogs because they only recommend third party individuals.

Overall I recommend the hotel especially if you have kids, bringing your furry friends or if you want to stay somewhere nice by the theme parks. We’ll be back for sure!

Room Tip: Get a room facing the golf course.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NatMIA
K_Burnett, Manager at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear NatMIA,

Thank you for being our guest! We appreciate your comments and we are delighted that you enjoyed the recent upgrades we have made to the guest rooms, which are now complete. We apologize for the valet parking charge that was incorrectly stated on your confirmation. I have confirmed that it has been updated. We look forward to your return. Best regards!
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

A group of friends went with me to celebrate my "62" birthday and boy did we have fun! The hotel is beautiful! We played at the waterpark all day(loved the lazy river). Had a great meal at Trevi's and came back to my room to find not one but two delicious birthday cakes sent up by management as a happy birthday surprise. This hotel has it all! Great restaurants,waterpark,spa and a golf course! We will be back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Lake Buena Vista
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,562 reviews
Waldorf Astoria Orlando
#28 of 335 in Orlando
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,062 reviews

Been to Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate? Share your experiences!