Prior to arriving we had read some worrying reviews on this resort however, on arriving our fears were eased. Firstly Regal Palms is a gated estate of large terraced houses which is served by an ammenities centre at the entrance which comprises a reception, internet room, bar/diner, large pool with slide and lazy river, gym and spa/massage outlet. There is also a small shop selling the basics.
Regal Palms is situated away from the hussle bussle of International Drive and the 192 so it requires a car. If you don't want to drive then don't go to Regal Palms. Regal Palms is situated next to a (local) retail centre which includes a Publix Supermarket, chinese and indian takeaways two bars and an Applebees diner. We strongly recommend Applebees and the chinese both for quality and cost. The RP bar/diner is also good with bogof promotions. The food is standard bar meals that are reasonably priced.
We found the staff at the reception helpfull and polite and any issue we had were addressed quickly. One of the issues was that we noted a small wasps nest in the porch roof. it was removed within 2 days. Another issue was that the entry key cards did not work one night. This was resolved by the maintenance team in the time it took me to walk back from the reception to the house.
The properties in Regal Palms seem to be individually owned with a management company employed for maintenance and to run the reception and ammentities centre. From reviews it seems that the quality of individual properties may vary. Our house, which we booked from First for Orlando was good, OK there was a stain on one of the carpets but the house was very spacious, clean and the kichen was adequately stocked with pots and pans etc. I feel that some of the reviews I've read were from people expecting a five star hotel and not self catering holiday accomodation. Also some reviews mentioned roudy parties etc. We found the estate quiet. On our third week a school party arrived which meant that we sometimes passed groups of teenagers, but like Florida in general the kids were polite and curteous - no problem at all.
The only word of caution is in relation to $10 daily ammentity charge and $200 security deposit. Clarify this with your booking agency, preferably by email and take it with you when you check in.
If you want good quality self catering accomodation with a good communal pool and facilities which is far enough away from the hussle bussle to be quiet but with adequate ammenties and bars within walking distance then Regal Palms is for you. If on the other hand you want a five star hotel or a rowdy night life or you don't want to drive then look elsewhere
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Villas at Regal Palms are the exclusive upgraded three- and four-bedroom townhomes within the Regal Palms Resort. Of the nearly 600 units on property, the Villas account for a small percentage of the total. They are noted for their spaciousness, amenities and tastefully-appointed décor. The 1,679-square foot Monarch and 1,376-square foot Colonnade are highly upgraded over the standard Regal Palms Resort units and include full kitchens, granite countertops, wood flooring and stainless steel appliances in addition to full-size washer-dryers, flat screen TVs and outdoor terraces. The Villas can easily accommodate large travel parties and provide all the comforts of home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Villas at Regal Palms Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas At Regal Palms Hotel Davenport
- Villas At Regal Palms Resort And Spa
- Hotel At Regal Palms