Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando South-Davenport
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Davenport
Tampa, Florida
“Reunion Perfect”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Located with a direct view from Interstate-4 in Davenport Polk County Florida, this hotel was a great site for our family reunion. The eating area right off the lobby was a good location for the first night meet-and-greet activity. The hotel lobby, elevators, and room were clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast was fresh with various choices. The hotel is close enough for trips to the Orlando area attractions.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back have a side view of the interstate, and a distant view of large cement areas as fo...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Iowa
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I stay at about 10 HIE properties per year....this was not up to par by far. I was told several times that this was a "limited property". Not sure what that means...looks like they do not have enough staff and are trying to cut costs. Asked for hangers...did not have the requested number. Asked for towels....did not have the requested number. Pool is open sun up to sun down....no lights. We did not have a smoke detector in our room for 2 nights....sounded like they knew. Location is a whole other matter. Property is tough to get to and from....U-turn after U-turn after U-turn. Dead retail area nearby. Very questionable hotel right next door....overlooked their dumpster. Power went out at 2:00 a.m. for 1.5 hours one night...dark and hot. Housecleaning did not empty the coffee maker one day....did not leave towels or shampoo another day. Hallway on the 2nd floor was hot-humid-smelled. Elevator did not work one AM. Not nearly enough seating/tables at breakfast...had to stand if you did not go early. However, breakfast was good. Room was clean. They even charged less than my reserved rate....what? Did not get my 300 IHG points for checking in. I am sure that the manager will come back with an apology....but they hear this stuff all of the time...it was not just us.....this property is on it's way to being a Best Western property.

1 Thank castanza0
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando South-Davenport, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Dear castanza0,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

We look forward to your response and be of further assistance.

Zelyn N.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Southwest Florida
Reviewed August 3, 2014

This is the second time that we have stayed here during an impromptu Disney trip. It is about 25 minutes to the park so we typically stay here when we don't plan to be at the parks late at night and don't mind the drive back when we are tired. It is right off of I4 at US 27. If I had a dislike at all about the hotel it is the fact that it is difficult to get to off of I4 west bound and it is difficult to get back to the east bound I4 lanes since you cant make turns right into or out of the hotel, you have to go a bit down the road to actually make a u turn. That is the absolute worst thing I can think of to say about this place. For the second time we were greeted promptly by the awesome front desk staff. Very friendly, in fact I made sure to stop by before check out to let the office manager know how professional the staff had been when dealing with a difficult person as they checked in this last time. Our room was clean and we had a small fridge and a microwave which was a bonus. WE had left a bag at home and mentioned it to the desk clerk during check in and they were very friendly, offering us anything that we needed that they had. We made a quick trip to a store right down the road and we were in need no more, they were very kind and helpful. We went to the pool for a little while, it closes at dusk , I do wish maybe it stayed open until 10pm but no big deal for me, it is nice though for the kids to unwind a little. Breakfast was great....fruit, eggs, sausage, pastries, oatmeal, pancakes, yogurt, toast, juice, milk. The ladies working in the breakfast area were so kind and friendly. We will definitely, definitely be back. I am super happy we found this gem!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Restful nights sleep and a friendly staff. The lady in the breakfast area is a sweetheart, greeting you in the morning with a smile and friendly hello.
Good location right off e interstate and not far from Disney if your looking for a property that's within 30 minutes.
The floors in the halls need to be cleaned badly or replaced, however the rooms was in good condition.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Koronowo, Poland
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I have been there for just one night with family in July 2014. Location is really good - close to I-4 and about 30min from Legoland or Disneyland. This is good and cheap place if you are going to theme parks. Hotel is really close to I-4. I had window on the interstate side but there was no noise from the road at all. Really clean and nice room. Staff is kind and helpful. Breakfast just like in other Holiday inn express.

Central Florida
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed with my son and loved it! Room was large, clean, modern and well-stocked with everything I needed. Bathroom was super clean. Pool was great. Free breakfast buffet was great. Front desk was sweet and attentive. The only complaint I have was being put in a room by the stairs. Other guests were being inconsiderate and behaving like gorillas, pounding up and down the stairs, running, yelling, etc. Sounded like teens wanting to have a good time. But parents should have been paying attention to their kids. Whatever. That's not the hotel's fault. Next time I'll make sure to ask for a room away from the stairs or I could call and report the noise. But overall, great experience, and will definitely be back. This hotel is rated a 2 star on priceline, but I think this is too low. It should be a 3 star at least.

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 8 nights, had a good time, can reach Disney parks w 10 min drive. Arrive early at breakfast, at peak time might not find a free table. Staff at reception are wonderful, they go the extra mile to help you. Will stay again there next time

• Stayed April 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Comfort Inn & Suites Maingate South
Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate
Quality Inn Maingate South
Quality Inn Maingate South
#8 of 14 in Davenport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando South-Davenport? Share your experiences!