“I was proved wrong! AMAZING stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando South-Davenport
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Davenport
Orlando, Florida
“I was proved wrong! AMAZING stay”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I will admit it....I'm a hotel snob. I never in a million years thought I would give any type of Holiday Inn a shot but I did and wow, I'm not in the slightest bit disappointed with my decision. To put it in perspective, I had a better stay here than I did at an Omni Resort in Amelia Island a few weeks back.

The reason I stayed at this hotel is that work was being done to my home and couldn't sleep in paint fumes. It was either the Omni at 150.00 a night plus fees or the Holiday Inn and Suites at 53.00 a night. It was not a vacation so I sucked it up and dreaded my drive over to the hotel.

The hotel itself is a little confusing to find but just go slow and look for the signs. The only part I didn't like us that it's next to some extended stay place and the people hanging out there looked like a bad crowd. However, there is a fence and ample space that separates the two so I didn't feel like it was that much of an issue. I still felt safe getting out of my car, etc.

Checking in was a breeze and the service was phenomenal. Very cheerful and helpful, I appreciated it very much after my long day. I ended up booking the last king room available which was an accessible room and was pleasantly surprised. I expected the worst of the worst but let me tell you....it was GREAT!

The room was spotless, I mean SPOTLESS. It smelled great, perfect temperature, not a speck of dust. The furnishings were modern, in great condition and the layout/space of the room was perfect. The bed had soft linens, was very clean and made perfectly. The bathroom was spotless, incredibly spacious and even offered Bath and Body toiletries. No stray hairs, no grime, very clean. The ONLY negative was that the drain in the tub had some sort of black seal around it that looked like dirt but everything else was spotless so I don't think it was a cleanliness issue.

I had a great nights sleep, bed very comfy. Pillows are a little soft but they were fine for me. I took advantage of the free breakfast in the morning and it was a great value for what I paid. It's your usual eggs, sausage, coffee, juice, oatmeal, pastries, bananas and waffles. It wasn't the best food ever but it was still a good start to the day. Breakfast area was very clean and spacious, even offered high chairs for the little ones and tvs in the area.

The hotel also offers laundry facilities on each floor and meeting rooms.

Overall, yes...I'm officially a fan because I can't believe I paid less that 70.00 TOTAL for my stay and it was better than some of the higher end hotels I've stayed in. It's not a resort but if you are looking for somewhere to stay a few miles from Disney, don't hesitate.

• Stayed September 2013
5 Thank DOC2003

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Florida
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The front desk staff proved to be accomodating, friendly and fast. If you forget something like your toothpaste, toothbrush, razor etc they can provide one for you.
The room offers a fridge, microwave, coffee pot, nice sized desk and lamp plug in for your electronic chargers. Plenty of lighting throughout the room & bath. Closet is spacious and contains a safe, iron and ironing board. TV is decent, no menu or info on programmms available so you have to either know your channels in the area or simply scroll around until you find something but they do offer a wide selection, including HBO.
The bed offers 2 Firm Pillows and 2 Soft Pillows. Not of the best quality but at least given options. S
o the negatives...The cover at the end of the bed was actually dirty (an obviously dirty once unfolded), had obviously not been cleaned so that was completely distastefull. The bathroom wooden cabinet/vanity was really dusty, clock was set to the wrong time on both the actual clock and the tv, desk was dusty, walls had lots of scuff marks that could simply use a Mr Clean Magic Eraser if anyone bothered to take care, the lamp shades were not just dirty with marks but also actually had some tears. The furniture on each piece had obvious signs of wear , could at least use some TLC with an Old English tinted wood product or simply replaced.
Breakfast was ok, but they do cut it off fairly early at 9am weekdays and 10am weekends. Typical fast fare such as cereal, muffins, pancakes but nothing spectacular. If you are a breakfast/brunch person there is a Denny's and Waffle House literally within walking distance. There are also a couple of gas station/convenience stores within walking distance. Publix, Walgreens, CVS and restaurants are about 10 minutes away or you can take the moderate trip into nearby cities as this hotel is right off I-4, close to 17, and 27...
In general, for the price, it is worth a stay here. I did see kids wandering around but I never heard any noise while in the room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando South-Davenport, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear bydragonfly,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. I am delighted that you have recognized our staff's service and the room you were given met your expectations. I'd like to apologize however for the mishaps in the maintenance levels. We will use your comments to improve on our efforts.

We would welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
NC
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Clean and comfortably and friendly. Free breakfast and it was good too! Easy to find and GREAT PRICE!!! I was very surprised at the value of our dollar here. We would stay again!!! It was a pretty busy hotel so book in advance.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Nappanee, Indiana, United States
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed during our moving transition, from the north, to Fl. The Front Desk staff were excellent!
The breakfast was very good.
The cleaning staff were so helpful & kind. The rooms were nice sized & very clean.
The stay here made our move so pleasant. It helped us to
know we made the right choice in moving to Florida.

Room Tip: THANK YOU!!!!!!!! Rooms were huge!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Charles Town, West Virginia
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Top-of-the-line for sure when it comes to holiday inn express. We left the low quality inn across the street and came here. The staff encouraged us for an early check in. Even though they didn't have rooms available to us, they brought us towels and allowed us to set up in the breakfast room and go swimming in the pool. One of the most accommodating staffs I've ever met. The rooms themselves were immaculate. Very typical if not better than any other one I've stayed in. Definitely a top performer in the whole priority club game.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Peter F
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This Hotel is very nice. The rooms are clean and simple. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast is not bad for free. The hotel is in a good location right off of route 4. It's only about a 20 min ride to Disney.

• Stayed July 2013
Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The beds were so old and not aligned properly that I hit my ankel, and leg so hard, I was worried that my 4 year old son was going to get hurt as well. Also one of the days the breakfast was an "omelet" and it made me so sick. the housekeeping was also not the best. Good location but nota good experience.

Room Tip: no tips, I don't know if a suite would be better
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando South-Davenport, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear debbs05,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and I regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations. I have taken note and wish to thank you for your valuable comments as this assists us in continually improving the quality and services that we offer to our guests.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and leaving us your feedback.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Comfort Inn & Suites Maingate South
Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate
Quality Inn Maingate South
Quality Inn Maingate South
#8 of 14 in Davenport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando South-Davenport? Share your experiences!