I will admit it....I'm a hotel snob. I never in a million years thought I would give any type of Holiday Inn a shot but I did and wow, I'm not in the slightest bit disappointed with my decision. To put it in perspective, I had a better stay here than I did at an Omni Resort in Amelia Island a few weeks back.
The reason I stayed at this hotel is that work was being done to my home and couldn't sleep in paint fumes. It was either the Omni at 150.00 a night plus fees or the Holiday Inn and Suites at 53.00 a night. It was not a vacation so I sucked it up and dreaded my drive over to the hotel.
The hotel itself is a little confusing to find but just go slow and look for the signs. The only part I didn't like us that it's next to some extended stay place and the people hanging out there looked like a bad crowd. However, there is a fence and ample space that separates the two so I didn't feel like it was that much of an issue. I still felt safe getting out of my car, etc.
Checking in was a breeze and the service was phenomenal. Very cheerful and helpful, I appreciated it very much after my long day. I ended up booking the last king room available which was an accessible room and was pleasantly surprised. I expected the worst of the worst but let me tell you....it was GREAT!
The room was spotless, I mean SPOTLESS. It smelled great, perfect temperature, not a speck of dust. The furnishings were modern, in great condition and the layout/space of the room was perfect. The bed had soft linens, was very clean and made perfectly. The bathroom was spotless, incredibly spacious and even offered Bath and Body toiletries. No stray hairs, no grime, very clean. The ONLY negative was that the drain in the tub had some sort of black seal around it that looked like dirt but everything else was spotless so I don't think it was a cleanliness issue.
I had a great nights sleep, bed very comfy. Pillows are a little soft but they were fine for me. I took advantage of the free breakfast in the morning and it was a great value for what I paid. It's your usual eggs, sausage, coffee, juice, oatmeal, pastries, bananas and waffles. It wasn't the best food ever but it was still a good start to the day. Breakfast area was very clean and spacious, even offered high chairs for the little ones and tvs in the area.
The hotel also offers laundry facilities on each floor and meeting rooms.
Overall, yes...I'm officially a fan because I can't believe I paid less that 70.00 TOTAL for my stay and it was better than some of the higher end hotels I've stayed in. It's not a resort but if you are looking for somewhere to stay a few miles from Disney, don't hesitate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand new hotel, opened February, 2009. The gracious and professional staff proudly presents The Holiday Inn Express and Suites Orlando South. Presenting a delicious complimentary hot breakfast buffet every morning in our Great Room. Enjoy our sparkling outdoor pool, fitness room, business center, interior corridors, and meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotel.de, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando South-Davenport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Orlando South-Davenport
- Holiday Inn Express Davenport