“Clean, comfy, & cordial!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando South-Davenport
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Davenport
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Lovely place! Traveled here with our 2 young grandsons to visit their uncle & to see some of the many sights Florida has to offer & "a good time was had by all"!! Our room was spacious enough to comfortably accommodate all of us, and was very clean (& was kept that way!). The staff was always friendly & helpful in providing directions & responding to our requests. I can't say enough great things about their extensive hot breakfast buffet! The pool & its surrounding area looked clean & appealing, but the water was too cool for my taste, thanks to the unusually chilly weather the area had recently experienced. The only "awkward point" was access to the property -- which was by no means their fault. While the hotel is clearly visible from I-4, a bit of 'ingenuity' was required to get TO it! A U-turn at a nearby intersection was required when either approaching or exiting the property, due to the county's choice of street placement & a road blockage created by a neighboring competitive hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Went to Lake Alfred Fla. May 2-5. After reviewing numerous motels in a 20 mile radius, I chose the Holiday Inn Express Orlando South Davenport. I'm so glad I did. The rooms and service was excellent along with an affordable price. The location is in close proximity to Disney and many other attractions without being in the hustle/bustle area. I look forward to going back. I would rate this motel 4 Star with a 3 Star price.

Room Tip: Tell them you are impressed with the reviews and expect nothing but the best rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel following a trip to Legoland. This hotel is right off hwy US 27 and right off I-4. It's very conveniently located. It's a straight shot south on US hwy 27 to Legoland and it's a direct shot EB on I-4 to the outlets. I'd stay it's about 20-30 mins either way without any traffic. Yes, it's remote but the entire Polk county is remote.

For the amt I paid it was well worth it, that's why it got 5 stars. The hotel was clean, the room was clean, the bathroom was clean. I went in thinking I'm just staying overnight and need somewhere to rest my head and if it's really bad then we'll check out first thing in the AM. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The employees were courteous and nice. The breakfast was good for free food. The only complaint I have is the bathroom smelled moldy and the room smelled kind of musty but for was I paid, there's no downgrade in rating. I've stayed at resorts, hotels, motels and different places for a lot more and this room cost a lot less was almost on par with them. The smell was bad but it was tolerable. I'd stay again.

Room Tip: Good place to stay for an inexpensive overnight trip.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Just returned back from Orlando after spending 2 weeks at this hotel.

The hotel is fine but basic. Very clean rooms, towels changed every day if you desire and the bedlinen changed as you wish as long as you leave the card on the bed.

The breakfast room seriously need more tables and chairs. Only 8 tables for people to seat and have their breakfast, some with only 2 chairs. There were times when people were waiting to pounce on a table as soon as it became free.

The breakfast food is the same every day. Choice of tea, coffee of hot chocolate. Machine made pancakes (a little rubbery and tasteless without the syrup), banana and strawberry youghurt, boiled eggs (cold), warm cinnamon swirls (very nice i have to say), omelets (defo machine made), scrambled eggs, sausage meat and gravy (did not look nice), a from of sausage, various muffins, 3 kinds of cereal, bagels, toast and juice drink.

The Fitness room only has 3 machines, were the tread mill was out of order the whole 2 weeks I was there. The other machines were a cross trainer and a bicycle. I did not seem possible to set the bicycle to a program.
Please have adjustable aircon in this room, it gets really hot in there with no possibility to turn up the cold air.

I was very disappointed that as a Platinum Priority Rewards member, I was unable to get a late check out for at least 1 of the 2 rooms I had booked. I was told it was due to the being a full house on Saturday night, and I suppose not enough staff to clean them before check in starting.

Overall an ok hotel to stay in, right next to the I-4 to Orlando or Tampa. About 25 KM to Disney Parks.

Room Tip: Maybe to avoid too much noise from the I-4 and the US 27, ask for a room looking over the pool area.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 1909Flemming
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando South-Davenport, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear 1909Flemming,

Thanks for taking the time to contribute your feedback, we are always eager to find out our guests' opinion. I am pleased you like our clean rooms. I am sorry for the inconvenience brought about by the facilities, amenities and service during breakfast. We ensure you this feedback will be passed on to the relevant department for improvements.

I hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 23, 2013

The Hotel was very clean and the price was middle of the boat, their were a few problems with the shower and I hope they make it better, good location outside of orlando,fl, not pet friendly, so probably wont be their again , but if traveling alone good place , BKfast ok

Room Tip: laundry on 3rd floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My wife & I decided to stay a bit away from the hustle & bustle of Disney, so picked this HI Express based on location and price. Worked out great!! Hotel is immaculate, staff was very friendly and helpful, breakfast was good, and prices were 1/2 of the Disney area prices. Trip to Magic Kingdom parking lot was only 18 minutes, so it is really only 3 or 4 exits away from Disney. Great stay. Outdoor pool is small, but with few kids there, it shouldn't be an issue.
The only issue is that in order to access the hotel from I-4, you have to go to the shopping center entrance nearby and make a U-turn on the road. There is no way to access the entrance without a U-turn.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This Holiday Inn was the closest hotel to our Villa near Disney. We like stayinga Holiday Inn Express for the price/value relationship and this one did not disappoint. Right on the I-4 freeway but no Highway noise and very good breakfast....no complaints. Access from I-4 westbound is a little hard as you have to go acoss I-4 and turn around but no big deal.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jbrantmeier
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Comfort Inn & Suites Maingate South
Hampton Inn Orlando - Maingate South
Days Inn & Suites Davenport
Days Inn & Suites Davenport
#12 of 14 in Davenport
Reunion Resort, A Salamander Golf & Spa Resort
Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate
Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando South-Davenport? Share your experiences!