“Renata and Tom, thank you so much!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando South-Davenport
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Davenport
Panama City, Florida
“Renata and Tom, thank you so much!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

I overlooked a small bag, left in my room by mistake when leaving, and not noticed until i got home. I called the hotel to see if that's where in fact i had left it. Sure enough, Tom arranged to mail it to me. Thank you and Renata, Exec. Housekeeper, for returning these personal, valuable treasures. I thought that they surely would be lost to me. Not one item inside had been taken or moved. God bless you for being honest, gracious and very helpful to me. I am so grateful. Nice to know there are folks like you in this world. Thanks again! Helen L.

Room Tip: room was very comfortable, quiet and clean. stayed on third floor towards front of building. Free Br...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Always had good luck at HI Express and had reward points soooo..... Things didn't start so good. At first, the check-in clerk couldn't find my reservation but eventually did. Then went to the room, which was clean and well appointed. But the internet didn't work. Was promised it's be working by the time I got back later. Wrong. It was out all night. Next Day complained and was promised again it's be up and running by evening. Went to the complimentary breakfast, and again was disappointed, juice was watered down (I'm in Florida have some fresh OJ not concentrate out of a dispenser) and the pancake machine was dead.
Got back to my room around 5.Guess what. Internet was still not working. Eventually, it came on but inconsistent would be an understatement.
So, I try and watch TV and all of a sudden I see something scampering across the carpet. Not a bug fan so I called front desk and mgr came up to find what I found out is a saw palmetto bug common in florida but still left a bad feeling. Hell, I'm on the 5th floor and there are no plants around.
Upon check out, I did my share of complaining and was priomised a refund on my award points (which paid for the room) it's now 2 weeks later and no refund has shown up on my account.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank rjfmkt
Caleta de Fuste, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Staff excellent and friendly ...rates for the night the very best...recommended. Comparing to the Marriott in Miami which framkly was a rip off where urly staff only talked prices...and waht exorbitant prices

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kings Mountain, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

This hotel is right off I-4, and is convenient to Disney, Orlando and even Lakeland. I have stayed here twice this year for a week or more each time, and I have had a great experience both times. The staff is friendly, and they are always eager to make sure I have everything I need. The rooms were spacious and extremely clean. The bed was comfortable, and I especially like the automatic climate controls on the wall, not the unit. I like sleeping with the fan always on, and many a/c units that are controlled from the unit itself do not allow this. The proximity to restaurants and shopping is adequate, and in just 15 minutes or less, there are many fine dining and shopping venues to choose from. Great place.

Room Tip: For best wi-fi reception, stay on a lower floor.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Miami, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

My stay at this hotel was excellent. I decided to chose this hotel over the Comfort Inn and Hampton Inn right next door, and I truly believe I made the right choice. Loved the new property. Everything was clean and well kept. The room was incredibly spacious! Customer service was excellent from the moment I called to make the reservation with Danny. Upon arrival, his service was stupendous! Along with Renata's great professionalism and politeness. I truly recommend this hotel if you are visiting the Disney area. It's only 15 min from Downtown Disney and it's an excellent property for the price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I purchased 5 rooms at this hotel. My employees flew 9 hours to get here and I drove for several. When we woke up in the morning to have a hot shower, there was no hot water!! The staff informed me that the boiler broke earlier that day BEFORE we booked there! They knew that there was no hot water when we reserved all 5 of the rooms. They were not willing to refund any money and told us "sorry!"
I was also told that there was no management on staff to help me with the problem either!
I will NEVER STAY AT ANOTHER HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando South-Davenport, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Jenrgcha,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. Please accept my sincerest apology for the issues you had during your stay. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. I have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details regarding your experience. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Ms Renata provided excellent service during my recent stay. She assisted in an extremely helpful way during a self-imposed problem. Great place to stay. Would recommend this facility to anyone. Reasonably close to Disney at a location that avoids much of the traffic.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Comfort Inn & Suites Maingate South
Quality Inn Maingate South
Quality Inn Maingate South
#7 of 14 in Davenport
Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando South-Davenport? Share your experiences!