First I'll say that I chose this place for the great price and because I usually stick with Priority Club properties. After that I'll say that the quality of the room and property are decent, on par with the average Holiday Inn Express. The pillows weren't too good, but having the fridge and micro in the room were nice extras. But service is where this place definitely is less than the average of Holiday Inn Express. The check in clerk wasn't unfriendly or rude when I arrived in the late evening, but she paid no attention to, nor made mention of my top tier status in their rewards program, and despite the hotel being quite empty, did not fill my request for a king bed or a suite upgrade. These things don't mean much to most potential guests, but just keep in mind that if they treat their most frequent customers that way, others don't stand much of a chance.
But moving past that, going down to breakfast the next morning is where I really noticed that the quality of service was bad. The breakfast room had nobody working the area when I got down there and so I had to clean off my own table. They had one of the new pancake machines sitting next to the other hot food, so I was excited. But then I noticed that they didn't bother to have it turned on for us. When the less-than-friendly employee did finally show up I asked her how to work it and she just said it didn't work. How about removing it from the food counter if it isn't working? Is it there just to disappoint everyone that tries to get a pancake from it? The employee took off again and wasn't seen until 9:30 when it was time to close the breakfast. And this time she brought another helper and they got right to work cleaning up. No warning or announcement to the guests still eating, they just went to work removing the food and didn't look back. It was nice to see them finally working hard, but it would have been nice to see them doing that to provide breakfast rather than to remove the breakfast. At no time during this whole process did this employee smile or look or act friendly, and she just gave off an unfriendly and don't-bother-me attitude.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand new hotel, opened February, 2009. The gracious and professional staff proudly presents The Holiday Inn Express and Suites Orlando South. Presenting a delicious complimentary hot breakfast buffet every morning in our Great Room. Enjoy our sparkling outdoor pool, fitness room, business center, interior corridors, and meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando South-Davenport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Orlando South-Davenport
- Holiday Inn Express Davenport