“Good pre-cruise hotel”

SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The hotel was just an average hotel. We stayed here before heading out on a cruise. The transportation to/from airport was great. Next to this hotel is a Burger King. But if you dare to cross the street, there is a strip mall where you can find anything. We use KSA transportation, when the hotel taxi/driver was busy and that driver was awesome! He took out us so we could buy pizza at Anthonys Coal Fired Pizza.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Kevin M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Dear Amanda F,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm especially glad you were happy with our shuttle service.

I hope you'll consider us again when you have the opportunity to visit.

Kevin McKay

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Needed a place to stay the night before our cruise. We didn't want to rent a car and hate taking taxis, especially for a family of 5. Springhill Suites provided a complimentary shuttle from the airport and to the cruiseport. Always love the free breakfast, standard fare for these hotels, but they kept it well stocked. Hotel was being renovated and the area around (we walked to fast food for a late-night arrival dinner) was not great, but it definitely served its purpose. Staff was friendly. Pool was good. Linens for sofa bed were not in the room and it took a long time for them to be delivered once we realized this and called.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear DeMgang,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm very happy you were satisfied with your experience. I hope that the next time you're in town to take a cruise, your consider staying with us again.

Happy Cruising!!

Reviewed July 27, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night prior to our cruise. The location of this property is excellent, in walking distance to several stores in case you need something before you embark. Also, there is a free shuttle from the airport and to the cruise port. Breakfast is free and adequate. Only complaint is about the guy who books the shuttles. He continually tried to sell us a shuttle trip from the port to the airport on our return for $20, telling us that the cab would be $40. We had done that trip before and knew it would be less than $20 and it was- $15 with a tip. He was very aggressive and was definitely taking advantage of people. I don't think the hotel should allow this. We would stay here again if cruising from Ft. Lauderdale.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Kevin M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Dear principalcruiser,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm delighted you found our location convenient and you enjoyed our hot breakfast buffet. I do apologize that your were less than satisfied with the service from the gentleman who booked your shuttle to the cruise port. I will address his approach with the appropriate people.

Thanks again and Happy Cruising!!

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stopped in for overnight prior to boarding the Alllure of the Seas, We are Marriott Platnium and MVC owners, so I feel comfortable to say this was not at the usual Marriott or Springhill Suites Standards. The hotel staff were nice. The hotel was in the midst of renovation but without the usual" pardon our dust " sign - so this is an assumption. Our first room in which we were given a key , as we walked up it was open. Upon looking in, the air conditioner was in pieces in the room. We went downstairs and was immediately given a room with apologies given. Then we went to our new room, clean, but not cool- lack of signage to help with thermostat. Beds were comfortable but no bath towels or linens for sofa bed .Had to call down for both- but brought up timely. The staff when we checked out were friendly and listened to my concerns. The shuttle to the cruise ship port was timely and friendly. Good location but just need some tweaks.

Room Tip: Within short walking distance to a several fast food restaurants.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Tami H
Kevin M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dear Tammy H,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you were caused during your stay.

I can understand how frustrated you felt. Our mission is "To Impress the Guest" and in your case we failed to do that. Thanks to your reporting of the problems you encountered, I am confident that the standards to which you are accustomed as a loyal Marriott Platinum Rewards member have been reinforced to ensure that we do not repeat the same experience you had again.

I apologize and I truly hope you will give us another chance. Please give me a call if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

This property needs a lot of work and some major renovations. I was there visiting a friend during their family reunion. The wallpaper is peeling off, our carpet in the room had several stains, overall just not very clean. The plus is there are tons of free amenities to enjoy during your stay like free breakfast, free internet and parking.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Kevin M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear Flawdgrl,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm very happy you and your friend enjoyed all of the complimentary amenities we offer. Please feel free to reach out to me here at the hotel regarding the condition of the carpet and wall vinyl in your room. It is very surprising that a room was in the condition you describe considering we just completed our refresh before your family reunion. Perhaps we can find a way to rectify that.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Our group arrived early Friday morning from Los Angeles for an overnight stay before embarking on a cruise the following day. While we weren't officially checked in until later that afternoon, the hotel staff graciously allowed our famished group to partake of the buffet breakfast and stored our baggage. Thereafter, the hotel helped arrange our tour of Miami and all our transportation requirements for the duration of our stay, including transport to Port Everglades Pier for the cruise, and post cruise transport from the port to the Fort Lauderdale Airport. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, the pillows soft, and the linens immaculate. Throw in two tv sets in the room, and you have a gem of a find. The next time we take a Caribbean cruise requiring pre cruise accommodations, this hotel will definitely win our patronage!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Ferdinand R

Dear Ferds R,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am delighted you chose our location for your pre-cruise accommodations. I hope you had a wonderful time on your trip and I'm very excited that you've chosen to book with us upon your return to the area.

Happy Cruising!!

Reviewed June 22, 2014

I went here knowing that I had previously read a lot of reviews about them remodeling the hotel. So, I did not set my expectations too high. However, we have stayed at another Springhill (in NOLA) and from the looks of the pictures they had online, the rooms were exactly the same. So, at least I knew what to expect from the room. Since we had previously stayed at a Sprinhill Suite, they gave us a goodie bag with water for everyone, pretzels and oreos.

The hotel was in a decent area and not far from FLL airport. The hotel was on a main street with plenty of food and shopping within walking distance. This was an added plus since we didn't have a car.

The hotel itself was being remodeled, but I believe a majority of it was done. We did not see anyone working on it (or hear anything) while we were there. But, it was obvious because you could see that a wall needed painting by the elevators. We didn't have any issues with the elevators not working as I had read other reviews stating.

The hotel had a huge lobby and dining area with plenty of seating. There was also an area with computers (2 of them) that you could use to get online if you didn't bring your own.

The room consisted of a bathroom with a separate mirror/sink area. There was a "living room" with a small wall between it and the "bedroom". The couch pulled out into another bed for additional guest. There was another small area off to the side that had a desk for you computer, a sink, a frige and a microwave. Very nice if you were to be staying longer than 1 night.

We found the rooms clean and no issues. The hotel grounds could use some cleaning. We seen cigarettes all over the place, even beside the ashtrays...they were in the mulch, the sidewalk, the parking lots...just everywhere and we never seen anyone cleaning up.

The pool...well, this area "could" be a nice area if cleaned up and taken care of more. The pool is a nice size and had 2 lifts for the handicap. However, the pool itself wasn't very clean. It has a cute little waterfall (with lights in it at night) that flows over into the pool. In that same area, there's a shelf ledge that is not very deep, which makes it nice for little ones. There's a hot tub...which was ice cold and actually colder than the pool itself. :( It was extremely dirty. They have a pool hut where you can get pool towels while you are out there. There wasn't anyone there and it was kind of a help yourself type of thing. The patio around the pool was a nice size with plenty of tables and chairs, but the area itself was not very clean. Once again, cigarette butts everywhere along with trash. The chairs are really worn, rusted and missing parts. Like I said, this place could be really nice if they just gave it a little TLC.

Inside by the customer service, they have a mini store with drinks and snacks. Although it was not very stocked when we were there. They only had diet soda (in Mt Dew only) and other off brands. No Pepsi or Coke products at the time. The staff said they were waiting on their delivery.

The breakfast in the morning was a hot buffet with eggs, sausage and so on. They do have a waffle maker and you can make your own waffles and they were pretty good.

The staff was friendly and when my daughter left something in the room, they quickly made her a key to let her go back up and grab it (this was after we had checked out and was waiting in the lounge for our driver to the cruise port).

So final thoughts, hotel ok, location is great, service was great, remodeling is coming along, food was ok and an extra added touch to save on money. The pool and the grounds wasn't the greatest, but has a lot of good potential if they just cleaned it up. For a 1 night precruise stay, I would recommend it if you can get a good deal on it. (We got our room for less than $100).

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank mitsugirly
Springhill-99, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Regards,