SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
Rochester, New York
“Great stay”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Springhill Suites is a very conveniently located hotel for going on a cruise. There is shopping across the street and enough restaurants to satisfied everyone. The hotel is going through a lobby renovation as we were leaving, but will be completed soon and the rooms meet the Marriott requirements. Now for the staff, you are greeted with smiles and a can do attitude. The front desk will make you fell like you've been here every week, and the employees that you don't see all the time go out of their way to accommodate your wishes. As for the renovation work, 2 blackboards were put on the temporary walls for you to leave messages on, or a note, I think thats a great ideal because a lot of cruise people pass through this hotel and it's a great way to let people what your doing . Maybe this could be located in the snack room.
If your looking for transportation than Chris is your man. He is the rep for KSA tours and can get you anywhere you would like to go, and at a fair price. Chris is located in the lobby. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same except the handicap ones. You might want the front rooms if you don't...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Kevin M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I'm especially glad that you found the staff friendly and accommodating. We try very hard to make all of our guests, whether it's your first time staying with us or you're a repeat guest, feel welcome and at home.

Thank you for choosing us and we hope to see you again very soon.

Kevin McKay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Such a great hotel! My husband and I stayed here the night before leaving on a cruise and everything about this hotel was wonderful. We were picked up from the airport by the hotel van without any problem. The hotel itself was clean and the staff were friendly. The bottle of water for each of us was nice and breakfast the next morning was more than plentiful. The best part was when we took the hotel van to the cruise port, it was free. I had stayed at another marriott property in the area where there was a $12 per person charge to go to the port. The fact that it was free was a nice touch. Another nice thing about the hotel is the location. There is a shopping plaza across the street with a K-Mart, movie theatre, etc. There is also a Chipotle and Burger King next door if you are needing a meal w/o walking far.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Akeasley
Kevin M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed the staff and amenities and that our location and shuttle service were a convenience for you. I will definitely share your comments with my team. I'm delighted you're considering us for your next visit to the area and I look forward to seeing you then.

Happy Cruising!!

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed November 1, 2013

With the good reviews of this property and the convenience, it is unfortunate that a hidden charge comes up at checkout with the front desk staff having absolutely no intention of changing the bill. I was charged a higher amount for one night out of 2 due to a boat show in the area. True, i was in the area for business, but not for this show. As a loyal Marriott customer, i will most likely avoid this property the next time around. I would suggest that the manager gets some of this staff retrained when it comes to customer service and the attitude his staff takes.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Kevin M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. While it is true that our weekend rates and rates during special events can be higher than weekday rates and off-season rates, all of our rates are confirmed at the time the reservation is made. Please contact me at the hotel so that I can take a look at your original reservation to see if any errors occurred. If such is the case, I will make the necessary adjustments immediately.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We only stayed one night before taking a cruise. Staff was really friendly and told us all about the area and the free shuttles, before we even asked! Rooms were nice and clean. The breakfast was nice and unexpected. They even walked around with fresh danish. They offered free shuttles to and from the airport and to the ports. We would definitely stay there again if we go on another cruise!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I'm delighted you enjoyed the staff and facilities and I hope our service exceeded your expectations. I hope you'll consider staying with us again on your next visit to the area.

Thanks again,

Ontario
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We used this hotel as a lay-over for a cruise out of Miami. Very friendly front-desk staff on our check-in and the free bottles of cold water were a nice surprise. The hotel was clean, and the room met our expectations. Comfortable beds and nice washrooms.

The only issue we had were the less than friendly staff at the breakfast buffet in the morning. I had to ask the one female worker (morning of the 10th October) to move out of the way on several occasions as she was just standing there watching the TV news at the food area. People were trying to get in and around her but she's just stand there doing nothing. When a manager was present in the area she'd wipe a counter or move some items but then went back to doing nothing. Too bad for an staff who was fantastic up until then.

The hotel is close to some great shops and an Italian restaurant (Sal's) which was great.

Would we go back or recommend to others - Yes.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Beeker100
Kevin M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I apologize for your experience in our breakfast area. I have shared your comments with my team and have made clear to them that the needs of the guests come first and we, as employees of the hotel, are there solely to serve our guests.

Thanks again for your feedback and I hope you found the other aspects of our service to your liking.

Wisconsin
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This very affordable hotel is the perfect pre-cruise facility. Free shuttles to/from airport and port. Free wi-fi and free breakfast, too. I believe you can leave your car there while on the cruise, too. Rooms were very nice. Clean and comfortable. Ask for the quiet side of the building. Our one very minor complaint was that the hot tub is not heated...it's freezing cold. The staff is helpful and friendly. Lots of places to eat nearby. There's a great diner in the shopping center across the street.

Room Tip: We were in room 302, quiet, clean, with easy access to the parking lot.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joyce C
Kevin M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I'm delighted you enjoyed the staff and facilities and I hope our service exceeded your expectations. Please accept my apology for the issue you encountered with our hot tub. Our hot tub heater malfunctioned during your stay. We have resolved the issue with the heater and the hot tub is fully functioning now.

Perhaps you'll consider staying with us again on your next visit to the area.

Thanks again,

Westchester County, NY
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We were in town over the weekend for a family funeral and booked this hotel to be close to FLL for the early a.m. arrivals of two of our children into FLL. We wanted a "suite" hotel so that our daughter, on the red eye from SFO, could get to the hotel, and go right to bed without disturbing us. The room was fine, maybe a little small for a suite, but...the service was OUTSTANDING. The shift supervisor, Cindy, was a delight! When we first arrived, she welcomed us, gave us our choice of floors, and asked us how many bottles of water we needed. When we came back again later that night, and asked for a corkscrew to open a recently purchased bottle of wine, she offered us wine glasses (so much nicer than drinking cabernet from plastic cups!). At breakfast, there was a woman who walked around, ensuring everyone had what they needed, and kept asking if she could get us anything. Another woman walked around offering freshly baked muffins. They both came around offering to fill my coffee cup. I have never had such outstanding service at a hotel in this category - and believe me, I spend a total of more than 20 nights a year in similar hotels across the country. Marriott should be very proud of their staff here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DPaget
Kevin M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Thanks especially for pointing out the service you received from Cindy and our restaurant staff. I will definitely recognize them for their efforts with regard to your stay.

I hope you will consider us on your next visit to the area. We'd be delighted to have you back.