WINNER WONDERLAND

“Great experience with my family!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Dania Beach
“Great experience with my family!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

This hotel is centrally located, very clean, had a great full breakfast included and has great customer service! We got a double queen room that was very spacious! If you need anything, it is brought to you right away! The pool is very nice and towels are provided! The beach is 10 min away

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank MarinaB123
Kevin M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm delighted that you found everything to your liking. I hope we exceeded your expectations and your experience with us helped to enhance your visit to our beautiful city. Please think of us when booking your next visit to the area.

Kevin McKay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
ddaem
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port before the night before our flight. We were greeted right away and checked in quickly. Offered complimentary water bottles for the entire family - very nice touch! Breakfast buffet was consistent with other Residence Inn buffets. Eggs, sausage, waffle stations, oatmeal, danishs/bagels/English muffins, juices, milk and coffee. Plenty of seating for breakfast as well. Beds are comfortable and rooms are spacious and clean. Would definitely recommend staying at this hotel before flights or before a cruise.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ddaem
Kevin M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm happy you enjoyed the convenience of our location and the complimentary hot breakfast buffet we offer to all of our guests. I hope the service and amenities exceeded your expectations. I also hope you'll think of us the next time you and your family are in town.

Largo, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

I was only there for one night. I was meeting up with a group of girlfriends and we were all flying out of Ft. Lauderdale for a weekend getaway. Since I lived further away, I decided to get a room rather than get up at o'dark thirty. Like the title, the layout was weird, but the room overall was fairly large for a budget hotel. It was clean and I didn't have any problems with noise. Finding the entrance to the hotel can be a challenge, or at least it was for me. I missed the turn in by the Burger King and ended up back on the Interstate. I didn't have my GPS with me, so that's probably my own fault. The staff was extremely friendly and I was greeted with a cold bottle of water, which is great on a hot Florida day. The BEST part was when I inquired if I could leave my car there for the weekend and found out I could leave it there for the bargain price of $5 a day. One of my friends picked me up at the hotel and we were at the airport in no time.

As I say in most all of my reviews, remember the price point you are booking before you start complaining. (I cheated and booked through Priceline (bidding) and got a fantastic rate.) You can't book budget hotels and expect high end rooms and amenities. This is Ft. Lauderdale and it's really difficult to get luxury at a budget price. This is an expensive area (the don't call it the Gold Coast for nothing) and set your priorities. If you don't care that the television was in a strange place and need a place to stay near the airport or cruise port and don't wanna spend all of your vacation budget on your hotel, then consider this place as a viable option. If you want to be pampered, pony up the bucks and check into the JW Marriott.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your review of our hotel. I'm delighted we were able to meet your expectations and hopefully exceed them. Thanks especially for pointing out the friendly service your received from the staff. They try very hard to make our guests feel at home.

I hope you had fun with your friends and I hope you'll consider staying with us for your next visit to the city.

Secaucus, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here on a college touring trip. The hotel is easy to get to, right off of I95 but it is so quiet you would never know you were next to a busy highway. The hotel was immaculate, which is so VERY important to me. We have stayed at other Springhill Suites and although this one was a little smaller, it had the same terrific amenities. I love the living room area, complete with couch, chair and desk. The flatscreen TV swivels to make it accessible to different areas of the room. We took advantage of the pool, hot tub and exercise area. They greet you with cookies and water, which are available to you all day and free lemonade at night. There is a free breakfast included, which has a nice assortment of foods and drinks. They also offer you a free USA Today paper. The staff is outstanding, always friendly and helpful. The 1st night we had a problem with the TV, a person was at my room in less than 5 minutes. Free wifi and parking is also included. There are a wide array of fast food and other restaurant within walking distance or a short car ride. The hotel is about 15 minutes from Hollywood Beach and Boardwalk, a feature we definitely took advantage of! All these amenities contribute to a nice stay but again the most important feature to me is it's CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Liz R
Kevin M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you especially for your compliments regarding the staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. I hope your tour of local colleges was successful. If your daughter does decide on one of our fine local schools, pehaps you'll choose to stay with us every time you come to visit with her.

Best regards,

Trinidad
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

The hotel's free shuttle took quite a while for a short ride to collect us. The driver charged us $15 return to go to a nearby restaurant using the shuttle - did not ask about it since the front desk clerk gave us his number. Room was not entirely clean, but we barely stayed a night. Will not use again

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TriniTraveller69
Kevin M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I'm sorry your found the experience less than enjoyable. Perhaps if you contact me here at the hotel, we can find a way to rectify it.

Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stay at a lot of Marriott properties and normally find the Springhill Suites brand very comfortable. This one is like staying in a very cheap motel. The air conditioner did not work well and actually vibrated as it cycled on and off. The bed actually creaked like an old wooden bed when you got in it and was extremely uncomfortable. The TV was actually around the corner from the desk, which I have never seen in a hotel. The free breakfast was normal, but I did have to ask for yogurt and cream cheese, which were not stocked.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Please accept my apology for the maintenance issues you encountered during your stay with us. I agree that the hotel could use some updating and we expect those issues will be addressed with our renovation scheduled for this fall.

Please feel free to reach out to me here at the property if there is anything I can do for you.

Sevierville, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at Springhill Suites near the Ft. Lauderdale Airport in Dania Beach, FL. We had enjoyed our stay last July prior to our first cruise on Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas and knew that they offered everything we needed. Instead of flying to Florida this year, we decided to drive and made arrangements with the reservationist at Springhill Suites to leave our car parked at the hotel during our cruise on the Oasis of the Seas this year. The cost for this additional service was minimal and certainly less than what it cost to park at the port. It was also much more convenient since the hotel offers an excellent shuttle service to Port Everglades as well as runs to the airport.

Springhill Suites in Dania Beach is conveniently located near Interstate 95 and sits in a beautiful setting among large live oak trees. The exterior of the facility is very pleasant and adds to your relaxation. The large trees and well kept grounds also offers guest with opportunities to see and take pictures of large green iguana type lizzards. We discovered two large ones in the gardens surrounding the pool area and a small one climbing up the trunk on one of the large trees in front of the hotel.

The lobby area of the hotel is large and offers a lot of seating for guest to sit, relax and visit. The front desk staff are friendly and efficient in getting a guest checked in to their room quickly. They even provided us with bottled water when we checked in and had a delightful tray of fresh baked cookies on the front desk for guest to enjoy. There is a small convenience shop next to the front desk that offers snacks, ice cream, as well as toiletry items.

This is the second time that we have encountered a large family reunion that was scheduled in the hotel. Everyone from this group appeared to be having a great time but were very aware that other guests were there too and their activities and fun did not impede our ability to enjoy the hotel facilities along with them. I concluded that Springhill Suites must be doing something right in that they attract large groups like these family reunions when they do not have a convention center attached for their functions. The large lobby area provided them as well as other guest with a very comfortable atmosphere in which to enjoy a good time. It was very pleasant.

Again, the room was very clean with plenty of space. The large comfortable beds offered a great night sleep and we also enjoyed the sofa and TV in a separate section of the room. There was also a tv that you could watch from the bed as well. The room comes equiped with your usual hair dryer, iron and ironing board with a nice layout to the room that allows for one person to be getting ready to go out while someone else can bathe or dress in another section of the room. There is an additional alcove to the room where there is a small bar sink and refrigerator with a table and chair arrangement as well. Everything in the room is well planned and comfortable both for a one night stay or even longer.

The hotel also offers a very nice breakfast in the morning that included eggs, ham, sausage, belgium waffles that you make yourself as well as other bread and muffin items. There is a good choice of juices and hot coffee and tea. It was all delicious and everyone seemed to be enjoying their breakfast. There are lots of tables and seating at a bar area for guest to eat as well as overflow space throughout the large lobby. Food was replenished quickly and everyone found a comfortable place to sit and eat with reasonable ease.

There are several fast food type restaurants within walking distance of the hotel as well as a large strip mall across the street with several large stores. We drove across the street to explore the shopping center and found that the Big K-Mart had the several items we had forgotten to pack for our trip.

Whether you are looking for a nice hotel to stay just one night prior to a cruise out of Port Everglades or are looking for a place for a large group to get together, consider Springhill Suites at Dania Beach, FL. The staff are friendly and will see to it that your visit is both comfortable and enjoyable.

Room Tip: All the rooms are terrific. The King bed rooms also have a large sleep sofa and can accomodate four...