I was only there for one night. I was meeting up with a group of girlfriends and we were all flying out of Ft. Lauderdale for a weekend getaway. Since I lived further away, I decided to get a room rather than get up at o'dark thirty. Like the title, the layout was weird, but the room overall was fairly large for a budget hotel. It was clean and I didn't have any problems with noise. Finding the entrance to the hotel can be a challenge, or at least it was for me. I missed the turn in by the Burger King and ended up back on the Interstate. I didn't have my GPS with me, so that's probably my own fault. The staff was extremely friendly and I was greeted with a cold bottle of water, which is great on a hot Florida day. The BEST part was when I inquired if I could leave my car there for the weekend and found out I could leave it there for the bargain price of $5 a day. One of my friends picked me up at the hotel and we were at the airport in no time.
As I say in most all of my reviews, remember the price point you are booking before you start complaining. (I cheated and booked through Priceline (bidding) and got a fantastic rate.) You can't book budget hotels and expect high end rooms and amenities. This is Ft. Lauderdale and it's really difficult to get luxury at a budget price. This is an expensive area (the don't call it the Gold Coast for nothing) and set your priorities. If you don't care that the television was in a strange place and need a place to stay near the airport or cruise port and don't wanna spend all of your vacation budget on your hotel, then consider this place as a viable option. If you want to be pampered, pony up the bucks and check into the JW Marriott.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All suite, non-smoking Marriott hotel offering large spacious work space and sleeping area with pull-out sofa, microwave, refrigerator and microwave. Perfect location for a pre-cruise stay, layovers, long-term stay or a quick getaway. The hotel is convenient to all major highways, beaches, shopping, dining and entertainment. Includes scheduled transportation to/from Fort Lauderdale Airport. Complimentary transportation to Port Everglades is available upon request. Return transportation from the cruise port is also provided for a small fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Hotel Dania Beach
- Springhill Suites Dania Beach
- Dania Beach Springhill Suites