This is the second time we have stayed at Springhill Suites near the Ft. Lauderdale Airport in Dania Beach, FL. We had enjoyed our stay last July prior to our first cruise on Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas and knew that they offered everything we needed. Instead of flying to Florida this year, we decided to drive and made arrangements with the reservationist at Springhill Suites to leave our car parked at the hotel during our cruise on the Oasis of the Seas this year. The cost for this additional service was minimal and certainly less than what it cost to park at the port. It was also much more convenient since the hotel offers an excellent shuttle service to Port Everglades as well as runs to the airport.
Springhill Suites in Dania Beach is conveniently located near Interstate 95 and sits in a beautiful setting among large live oak trees. The exterior of the facility is very pleasant and adds to your relaxation. The large trees and well kept grounds also offers guest with opportunities to see and take pictures of large green iguana type lizzards. We discovered two large ones in the gardens surrounding the pool area and a small one climbing up the trunk on one of the large trees in front of the hotel.
The lobby area of the hotel is large and offers a lot of seating for guest to sit, relax and visit. The front desk staff are friendly and efficient in getting a guest checked in to their room quickly. They even provided us with bottled water when we checked in and had a delightful tray of fresh baked cookies on the front desk for guest to enjoy. There is a small convenience shop next to the front desk that offers snacks, ice cream, as well as toiletry items.
This is the second time that we have encountered a large family reunion that was scheduled in the hotel. Everyone from this group appeared to be having a great time but were very aware that other guests were there too and their activities and fun did not impede our ability to enjoy the hotel facilities along with them. I concluded that Springhill Suites must be doing something right in that they attract large groups like these family reunions when they do not have a convention center attached for their functions. The large lobby area provided them as well as other guest with a very comfortable atmosphere in which to enjoy a good time. It was very pleasant.
Again, the room was very clean with plenty of space. The large comfortable beds offered a great night sleep and we also enjoyed the sofa and TV in a separate section of the room. There was also a tv that you could watch from the bed as well. The room comes equiped with your usual hair dryer, iron and ironing board with a nice layout to the room that allows for one person to be getting ready to go out while someone else can bathe or dress in another section of the room. There is an additional alcove to the room where there is a small bar sink and refrigerator with a table and chair arrangement as well. Everything in the room is well planned and comfortable both for a one night stay or even longer.
The hotel also offers a very nice breakfast in the morning that included eggs, ham, sausage, belgium waffles that you make yourself as well as other bread and muffin items. There is a good choice of juices and hot coffee and tea. It was all delicious and everyone seemed to be enjoying their breakfast. There are lots of tables and seating at a bar area for guest to eat as well as overflow space throughout the large lobby. Food was replenished quickly and everyone found a comfortable place to sit and eat with reasonable ease.
There are several fast food type restaurants within walking distance of the hotel as well as a large strip mall across the street with several large stores. We drove across the street to explore the shopping center and found that the Big K-Mart had the several items we had forgotten to pack for our trip.
Whether you are looking for a nice hotel to stay just one night prior to a cruise out of Port Everglades or are looking for a place for a large group to get together, consider Springhill Suites at Dania Beach, FL. The staff are friendly and will see to it that your visit is both comfortable and enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All suite, non-smoking Marriott hotel offering large spacious work space and sleeping area with pull-out sofa, microwave, refrigerator and microwave. Perfect location for a pre-cruise stay, layovers, long-term stay or a quick getaway. The hotel is convenient to all major highways, beaches, shopping, dining and entertainment. Includes scheduled transportation to/from Fort Lauderdale Airport. Complimentary transportation to Port Everglades is available upon request. Return transportation from the cruise port is also provided for a small fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Hotel Dania Beach
- Springhill Suites Dania Beach
- Dania Beach Springhill Suites