WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Dania Beach
Cincinnati, Ohio
“What a way to Relax after a cruise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Location is excellent. Plenty of dining options within walking and driving distance. check in was easy as well as free transport to and from airport. Local area has great shopping plaza across and very spacious rooms. Really enjoyed our stay and great stop after returning from our cruise. I would stay there again under the same circumstances.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TiffneyLamont
Kevin M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your review of our hotel. I'm glad we were able to meet your needs and I hope you had a great time on your cruise. Additionally, I hope we exceeded your expectations and I'd be delighted if you'd consider staying with us for your next visit to the area.

Kevin McKay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I booked this hotel through priceline. We got in late from our flight, and the receptionist was extremely nice and made sure we had everything we needed. Our room didn't have any toiletries, but they stopped mopping the floors to go find some for us! GREAT service. The hotel was pretty standard and clean. Breakfast was great and had lots of options. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the interstate so it will be quieter
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your review of our hotel. I'm delighted your enjoyed your stay and I'm glad we were able to meet your needs. I hope we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for choosing us and we hope you'll consider us for your next visit to the area.

Lutherville, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

I booked this room using Marriott points. We were just looking for a nice place. close to the airport, to stay overnight on our way back from the Keys. We visited family in Fort Lauderdale, and had a flight out the next day. The room was nice, with a sitting area. The front desk staff was helpful, with check-in and when I went back to ask local information. (Even loaned me a bottle opener). The bed was comfy, and even though our room overlooked Interstate 95, there wan't any highway noise.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Batavia, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

We made "guaranteed" reservations at Marriott.com for this hotel two months prior to our two night stay. A week before our two night stay was to begin, we received an email from the hotel reminding us of our upcoming stay. When we arrived at the hotel at 1:30 a.m. for our stay, we were told that the hotel was overbooked and no rooms were available despite our guaranteed reservations SpringHill put us up in another hotel 13 miles across town at a Best Western and paid for our stay. We were really furious about this news. After driving across town, we finally arrived at the Best Western, dragged our 8 bags of luggage to the room and settled in, which was now 2:30 a.m.

The free breakfast at Best Western ended at 9:00 a.m., so we had to get up early so we could take advantage of the breakfast. After eating breakfast and checking out by 11:00 a.m., we headed back to the SpringHill Suites and spoke directly with the hotel manager. She was very pleasant and apologized for the problems we had. She was able to get us in a room for the second night of our stay.

The hotel was nice. Nice lobby area. The breakfast area was spacious with a variety of hot and cold breakfast foods. The rooms were nice and clean. Beds were comfortable. A few restaurants were near by within walking distance.

On Sunday, we checked out and utilized the free shuttle that took us to Port Everglades to being our cruise for the week. After the cruise ended the following Saturday, we took the shuttle back to the SpringHill Suites and stayed another night. The return shuttle cost was $10 per person which isn't a bad price to pay. Fortunately, we didn't have any problems with our reservations this time.

The following day, we were up and on the shuttle bus to the airport at 4:30 a.m. Since the airport was close, we arrived within 15 minutes.

Overall, our stay was good, with the exception of the first night, but Marriott made things right.

After the trouble we had with the first night, I called the disctrict manager Kevin McKay and left a voice mail message telling him of our problem we had with the first night and asked that he return the call so we could discuss the matter. He did not return my call before neither before our cruise nor after the cruise.

When we arrived back home this week, I sent an email to Marriott Customer Care online advising them of the problem we had and the inconvenience it caused us. I mentioned that we also never received a response from the district manager either. I simply asked that Marriott make things right by reimbursing us for our second night stay at SpringHill Suites due to the inconvenience it cause and the delay it caused us for the plans we had made during our stay. I received and email from Marriott indicating they had forwarded by email to hotel's Executive office. Within a couple hours, I received an email from Kevin McKay the general manager apologizing for our troubles. He graciously agreed to reimburse us for our second night stay and also added several thousand additional Marriott points to my account. Marriott made things right leaving me a happy Marriott customer again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback concerning our hotel. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience you were caused and I'm glad we were able to make it right for you.

Kevin Mckay
Wilmette, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel the night before a cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. Given the demand for hotel rooms the local hotels have a bit of a captive audience. This hotel struck out in nearly every category. When we arrived at the airport we called for the free shuttle. We were told the shuttle just left and it would be about 20 minutes. Meanwhile my husband's brother called to say he and his wife were on the shuttle which was a surprise because they had landed well over an hour and a half earlier. They waited over an hour for a slow ride. We sprung for a cab at $20. Then we tried to sign up for another free shuttle to the cruise dock on Saturday. We were told all the early shuttles were "sold out" yet they arranged for a van to take us for $40, and it was the same company running the so called free shuttle. Then they sold us $40 worth of tickets for a ride to the airport when we arrived back from the cruise. That ride never arrived and we had to again take a cab (another $20.00)! What a scam!

The room was adequate and clean but hardly worth the $225 per night price! The staff was harried and had very little information, including about the supposed free shuttle. The breakfast was pretty terrible and was a mob scene of aggressive cruisers lining up for buffet, as if it was their last meal! It was hard to find a seat. One hilarious benefit was sitting next to a very large woman who had just gotten off a cruise on the Royal Caribbean line, on which we were about to sail later that day. Despite the fact that she was a perfect stranger and I told her we were about to go on our first cruise and I was very apprehensive, she proceeded to launch a virtual diatribe about how horrible the cruise was and how much we would hate our cruise. Her poor husband sat in silence. My husband and I practically rolled on the floor after we left "Debbie Downer". This hotel is a horrible value. Skip it and its questionable practices.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Wilmettetraveler1995
Kevin M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me personally so that we may work together to find a way to rectify the situation.

Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel is close to the airport and has a convenient shuttle from airport. Across the street there are restaurants and also a shopping complex including KMart and other stores. It is in actuality a couple of blocks walking but this is about as convenient as it gets. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Pickering,Ontario.Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

My family and I choose this hotel based on the fact that the location was close to Airport and cruise ship port,I did read up on this hotel on trip advisor,the reviews where good,we were picked up by their shuttle from the Airport,all I had to do was to call them as soon as we collected our luggage.there is a phone on the same level as the baggage area,the pickup was there in about Fifteen minutes,check in was a breeze,we were early,but they gave us our suite right away.The staff were all great,very good with giving us instruction as to where to go.My overall experience was very good,I will be back.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the entrance of the hotel are less noisy,the hotel is located off a very busy high way...
2 Thank June1948

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port

Been to SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!