WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Dania Beach
Pickering,Ontario.Canada
“Pre/cruise stay.2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

My family and I choose this hotel based on the fact that the location was close to Airport and cruise ship port,I did read up on this hotel on trip advisor,the reviews where good,we were picked up by their shuttle from the Airport,all I had to do was to call them as soon as we collected our luggage.there is a phone on the same level as the baggage area,the pickup was there in about Fifteen minutes,check in was a breeze,we were early,but they gave us our suite right away.The staff were all great,very good with giving us instruction as to where to go.My overall experience was very good,I will be back.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the entrance of the hotel are less noisy,the hotel is located off a very busy high way...
2 Thank June1948
Kevin M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your review of our hotel. I'm delighted your enjoyed your stay and I'm glad we were able to meet your needs. I hope we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for choosing us and we hope you'll consider us for your next visit to the area.

Kevin McKay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Great pre- and post-cruise hotel with lots of free extras. My husband and I and our two kids (aged 7&10) booked a king suite with a pull out couch on Mariott points and were really happy with our experience. The free airport shuttle worked out great, and there is a free shuttle to the cruise ship terminal but we opted for a $15 cab ride to save some hassle. The free breakfast was standard and CRAZY busy (the hotel was completely full during the spring break weekends that we were there)…. The crowds aren’t too bad if you go early. The elevators are slow and get really busy too. The hot tub was being repaired while we were there but we used the heated outdoor pool…. It was very warm and we really enjoyed it. We had good connection speeds with the free wifi and the location was good…. We went to the kmart across the street before our cruise to pick up snacks and a few last minute items we needed. The front desk was able to store a bag for us for a week for a fee ($25, I think).

The staff members were all pretty friendly and we found everyone to be helpful. One staff member (I wish I could remember his name to thank him!) was able to help us out with an early check in after our cruise and we were very grateful! We ended up staying on the first floor after our cruise and it worked out great… no line ups for the elevators!

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor to avoid the the busy elevators

Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

stayed here one night after late arrival to Fort Lauderdale Airport. Front desk was pleasant enough.....however that was about it. Room on 5th floor facing front of hotel right at on ramp level to Interstate. All kids did was complain all night of sirens, accelerating vehicles, and transports merging on to highway. Tried to drown out with heating/ac however fan would only run if temp needed changing. Hot tub out of service. Doors falling off cupboards in suite. 3/4 inch gap around latching side of door to room. Absolutely no water pressure in shower......had to rinse shampoo out of hair in the sink. Brutal. Have to admit breakfast in the morning was decent. Overall not worthy of $165/night.....won't get our business again (and we have to go back in a couple weeks for another overnight stay before we fly out). Disappointing Marriott property. Will email Marriott Rewards (we are members) when we get a chance.

Room Tip: get to back of property away from interstate if you want any chance of a decent nights rest
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank leftylenny
Dear Guest,

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me personally so that we may work together to find a way to rectify the situation.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Enjoyed a two-night stay while visitng family nearby through Hotwire. While the room was a bit cramped, it was clean and queen bed was quite comfortable. Elevators seemed a bit slow and twice needed to have my key card re-activated. Free wireless and good TV selections were a plus. Pool and surrounding patio were small but pleasant. Noise from adjacent highway was minimal. Friendly staff. Convenient to I95 and Hollywood- FL Airport.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kevin M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your review of our hotel. I'm delighted your enjoyed your stay and I'm glad my associates provided you with the friendly service you were expecting. Thank you for choosing us and we hope you'll consider us for your next visit to the area.

London, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed one night before a cruise out of Port Everglades. The shuttle picked us up from the airport within 10 minutes of arrival. Check in was quick and easy and the room was clean. There was shopping and restaurants that we could walk to. The shuttle to the cruise ship was hassle free. This isn't a hotel that you would want to stay at for a vacation, but before or after a cruise is perfect.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kevin M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, April 1, 2013

Happy Cruising!

Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Clean, attractive, efficient, and ample breakfast. Front desk staff was superb, including Kevin who was polite and professional, and offered us free bottles of water upon check-in. Close to the airport and the port. Our room was spotless, bed comfortable.

Happy Cruising!!

Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed here on March 16th and March 23 while traveling to and from our Carnival Cruise. Each night we had a nice room that was clean. The staff at the desk was helpful, however the staff with KSA Tours, just inside the door that helped with the shuttle were not that helpful or friendly. We enjoyed the pool and patio, having dinner poolside both nights. My only complaint in the insane breakfast. I understand they have a lot of people to feed and get in and out of the hotel, but the entire breakfast area is absolutely nuts. I feel the area could be set up to flow more efficiently.

Dear Guest,

I completely understand your comments regarding our lobby during breakfast. It does get a little "cozy"...a situation we hope to resolve with our upcoming renovation.

But I hope we exceeded your expectations with our service. Thank you for choosing us and we hope you'll consider us for your next visit to the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port

Been to SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!