We booked this hotel prior to a cruise and it was perfect for the 4 of us with the foldout sofa for my brother. The complimentary shuttle from the airport and to the port is a big plus as many hotels charge at least $10 pp to go to the port.
The room was clean, quiet (faced the entrance on the 2nd floor so we had our concerns),the beds were quite comfortable with crisp linens. The bathtub area could have used some caulking. The personnel at the front desk were friendly and very willing to fix the problem we had with our TV. A maintenance man came 5 minutes after our call and fixed it (at 8:30pm!). Since the hotel is non-smoking, there was not a hint of that unpleasant odor.
The breakfast in the morning was adequate with hot entrees and cold items, fresh fruit, juice and excellent coffee. For a free breakfast it was just fine. There was a nice large sitting area, which was nice because we didn’t have to fight for a place to sit.
The hotel in situated near a couple of fast food restaurants and is a short walk to Las Vegas (Cuban-excellent). There also is a K-mart within walking distance to grab any last minute items before a cruise.
Internet is free. There was a microwave and small fridge in the room along with the usual tiny coffee pot. The coffee was so good in the lobby, it wouldn’t be worth brewing that stuff!
Will definitely stay here again before a cruise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All suite, non-smoking Marriott hotel offering large spacious work space and sleeping area with pull-out sofa, microwave, refrigerator and microwave. Perfect location for a pre-cruise stay, layovers, long-term stay or a quick getaway. The hotel is convenient to all major highways, beaches, shopping, dining and entertainment. Includes scheduled transportation to/from Fort Lauderdale Airport. Complimentary transportation to Port Everglades is available upon request. Return transportation from the cruise port is also provided for a small fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotwire, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Hotel Dania Beach
- Springhill Suites Dania Beach
- Dania Beach Springhill Suites