SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We booked through Hotwire and stayed here on the way to a cruise in December 2012. Everything about this property exceeded our expectations. The staff was helpful and competent. The property itself was lovely and the room was comfortable and in excellent condition. Very clean as well. They have an amazing breakfast buffet. Scrambled eggs, bacon, ham, oatmeal, pastries. Enough choice to please anyone. Shuttle service was great. Free from the airport, and to the cruise port. We also were able to book a return shuttle for our return at the same time for $10, even though we were returning to a different hotel, I REALLY wish we had been coming back here, as the other hotel was a huge disappointment. There were lots of options within walking distance for eating out and shopping. I would love to stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Faralaska
Kevin M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your wonderful review of our hotel. I'm delighted your enjoyed your stay and I'm glad we were able to meet your needs. I hope we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for choosing us this time and we hope you'll consider us for your next visit to the area as well.

Kevin McKay

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We are here for our second night and leave tomorrow for our family cruise on the Emerald Princess.. This is a clean, well run hotel, with a very friendly staff. We chose it (we were here before) because the rates include a shuttle from the airport and one to the port, as well as a good breakfast. We made our own waffles and the coffee was excellent.
It is across from BJ's where we bought a case of water to take on the ship. Other guests bought wine there. It is near shopping and restaurants.
Other than the loud air conditioner we have no complaints.

Room Tip: We prefer the first floor so we don't have to wait for elevators.
2  Thank BigApple1

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and I really hope you'll consider us for your next visit to Fort Lauderdale.

Thank you so much and happy cruising!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Positive: Close to the airport. Good Breakfast. Nice pool. Sitting areas with separate sleeping area. Small kitchenette. Sink and mirror separate from shower/commode. Free WIFI. Water bottle and snack to Elite members upon check-in.

Negatives: Very dated. Burger King and Chipotle are the only food within walking distance. Crowded with cruise passengers. Staff is efficient but not overly helpful or warm.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments about out hotel. I'm delighted that you found the hotel's amenities and location to your liking. I'm sorry you were less satisfied with our service and that the decor was not more updated. We hope to have a renovation soon. With regard to the staff, our goal is to impress our guests and in this case we obviously did not succeed. For that, I am sorry. I hope you'll give us another opportunity in the future to show you what Marriott service is typically truly about.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

This is a hotel that is very popular with people getting ready to board a cruise . Hotel is located near the port and also near restaurants and shops. All the rooms have bedroom and living room accommodations with small kitchen area. Since hotel is located just off of I-95 you are minutes away from most area attractions. The service at the front desk is warm and very friendly.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RLWOrangePark

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate the nice things you had to say about the staff and I'm delighted you found our hotel's location and amenities to your liking.

Thanks again and please consider us for your next visit to Fort Lauderdale.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Got this room with Priceline-Love this hotel-friendly staff, free parking, free internet and free breakfast! Good selection for breakfast too so it's good for family travel. Bad thing is the AC in my room was super loud that I could't sleep much at all and I woke up with headache and backache...NOT HAPPY! I thought I am supposed to get good rest and get ready for the next day. The room is 506- do not stay in that room!

Room Tip: Don't stay 506!
1  Thank Tw0fish1

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback about our hotel. I'm sorry you experienced trouble with the air conditioning unit in your room but I'm glad you were satisfied with the other aspects of your stay. I have had our maintenance staff check the unit in the room you mentioned and the issue causing the noise has been resolved.

Once again, thanks for your feedback and we hope you'll consider us for your next visit to the area.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stay in a lot of Marriott properties but it’s been a long time since I’ve stayed at a Springfield Suites, so maybe this is typical, but I don’t know. The staff at the desk were very friendly. I was given two bottles of water at check-in, a nice touch (maybe for being a Marriott elite member?). When I pulled into the hotel, I feared lots of highway noise because of the closeness to 95, but I was pleasantly surprised. There were the usual hotel noises: humming and buzzing and whirring and such, but I couldn’t hear the highway. The décor in the hotel is dated and the furniture in my room was tired, but for the price it was a decent, comfortable stay. I had to leave before taking advantage of the morning offerings (would have only had cereal and coffee anyway). I noticed what appeared to be a decent pool. There is free wifi, which is always appreciated. It's very convenient to the airport, and there is a shuttle (I didn't use it).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Kevin M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you found the hotel to your liking. Please consider using us for your next trip to the area. Thanks again for taking time to provide your feedback.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

After arriving at Fort Lauderdale airport after 18 hours of flying we went to get the shuttle to the hotel.Shuttle was full so we just waited and waited and waited until after about 50 mins we figured they must not be coming back! We then caught a taxi which was an awful experience as the driver did not want to take us to the hotel as it was too quick a trip and he would not make enough money out of it! $27.00 later and we were at the hotel and then advised if we had got a receipt they would of reimbursed us? so as we had booked through expedia they could not give us anything.They booked us on the shuttle to the port the next day at 1pm (as thats all thats was left) and we went to our room. Room was fine with plenty of space and a comfortable bed.Next morning we went to breakfast around 7am before the crowd and had plenty to eat.After breakfast as we had plenty of time we went across the road to the small shopping centre and looked around and got any last minute things we had forgotten and headed back.THe reception was filled to capacity with people waiting for their cruise and we just stayed in our room until we had to checkout and then came downstairs and as most people had left just waited about 30 mins for cruise transfer.Not sure why everyone wanted to be at cruise terminal at 10-1030am as by going later we were dropped off first and in less than 10 mins were in our room on board the allure of the seas and relaxed and refreshed.More than happy with the price and if I am back for another cruise I will book this hotel and be better armed for the airport pickup!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your pre-cruise stay. I'm sorry you had difficulty with our shuttle service. It does tend to fill up quickly on the airport runs during our busy season. I'm glad you are considering us for your next stay and we hope to see you very soon.

Thanks again,