“Nice, Clean, and Convenient”

SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
Reviewed November 26, 2012

The room was large, clean, and comfortable. We reserved a suite with handicap accommodations which included handle/safety bars in the bathroom area which was great. I needed and enjoyed the hot tub jacuzzi experience which was provided in the courtyard off of the swimming pool. However, the swimming pool, which was suppose to be heated was freezing so I could not do my laps. All of the equipment in our room was in good working/operating condition. The 42" flatscreen TV, the free courtesy WiFi, the unexpected 'Welcome' Goody Bags, the 24/7 fresh fruit availability, the Courtesy breakfast, and the free shuttle service to the airport were amenities that were priceless. We liked the variety of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. The staff and the workers employed at this location were extremely kind, courteous, friendly, and accommodating. All of our needs and desires were met and we would definitely select and revisit this property upon our return.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Kevin M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words about our staff and your review of our hotel. We're pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we hope you'll revisit us someday soon.

Warm regards,

Kevin McKay

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Nice roomy suites, kitchen with a microwave and a refrigerator, they give everybody spring water and cookies at checkin, good selection of TV channels, very friendly staff (especially Alisha and Jeremiah from the front desk who have been very welcoming, attentive and helpful with every request that we had), I would have given the hotel 5 stars if the breakfast buffet had more selection of freshly cut fruit and not served in single use dishes, other than that everything was just great!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Kevin M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. And thanks especially for mentioning Jeremiah and Alisha in your review. I believe they are both deserving of the recognition. We love knowing that our guests have enjoyed their stay and appreciate the value and service we strive very hard to provide. I appreciate that you've taken your valuable time to to provide us with your feedack. I'll be sure to share your comments with our team. We thank you for your business and we hope to see you again in the future.

Kevin McKay

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Don't be miss lead by the name Marriott this spring hill so call Marriott hotel should have No connection to the Marriott name from room equipment that don't work to hotel manager and employee apologizing for loud AC , HBO that they don't have but listed on the channel list and More , didn't even try the breakfast because the hotel is not clean, For someone like me that stay in Marriott all over this by far the worst I ever stay in.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Kevin M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Dear Guest,

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me personally so that we may work together to find a way to rectify the situation.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I am an avid Marriott customer. Very disappointed in this property. Clean, but very dated! Just not up to Marriott's standards! Cruise transport service is good! Breakfast area not big enough and no one cleaning tables.

Room Tip: Cruise transport service excellent.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kevin M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear Guest,

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. We are scheduled for a renovation in early to mid 2013. Hopefully, we'll get the opportunity to serve you then. Please feel free to contact me personally if you'd like to share any other feedback.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

as someone who travels constantly for work, i am no stranger to the ups and downs of hotel life. this property, however, deserves some serious scrutiny.
when i decided to take a shower, i noticed some pubic hair in the tub. gross, but not the first time this has happened. i rinsed it down the drain, stepped in, looked up, and saw pubic hair above my head - stuck to the ceiling of the shower. absolutely disgusting. i couldn't look away for fear that it would fall on me.
after i washed up, i called the front desk and asked them to send someone to clean it up. i left the hotel and returned five hours later, to find that the door to my room had been left ajar by the housekeeping staff who cleaned the pubic hair. yes, the door to my room - which contained jewelry, a brand new ipad, money, my identification, etcetera - had been left open for five hours. unbelievable.
so what did the hotel say to the pubic hair nastiness and breach of security? "whoops. sorry. we'll talk to housekeeping".
unacceptable customer service. i will never stay in a marriott again. totally inexcusable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Kevin M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

I apologize for the problems you experienced during your stay with us. You're absolutely right that the issues you encountered with your room are inexcusable. Please feel free to contact me personally so that we may work together to find a way to rectify the situation.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I work throught Florida and was looking for a hotel near the airport for easy access for an early flight in the morning. I normally stay in Marriott hotel during my travels. My Executive Assistant booked this hotel. When I arrived, I could tell this hotel was not the typical Marriott properity. The apprearance of the hotel looked dirty. When checking in, they had me booked for a double room and when I requested a king room, the gentleman took care of the request. However, the room is a bit out dated as was the impression of the hotel lobby area when checking in. When arriving in my room, there is an odd smell and there is a very large crack in the shower wall. One last thing, the internet is very slow here for anyone who needs to rely on good service to complete work details. I'm not one to complain but would not suggest this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because it was close to the Seminole Hard Rock Casino Hotel which was sold out (5 minute drive). Very convenient just off I-95 and 10 minutes to beautiful Dania Beach. Hotel was decorated for Halloween and looked great. Rooms were very large, with suite style sofa, chair, two televisions, two bureaus, West Bar and Desk. Room was very quiet except we did hear people coming down the hall from the football game lat at night. Pool was clean, well appointed, and peaceful. Complimentary breakfast was very good, lots of hot items to chose from. Staff at checkin very nice. Would stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel faces route I-95 and could be noisy. We, however did not experience this on t...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Kevin M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We love knowing that our guests have enjoyed their stay and appreciate the value and service we strive very hard to provide. I appreciate that you've taken your valuable time to to provide us with your feedack. I'll be sure to share your comments with our team. We thank you for your business and we hope to see you again in the future.