SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Great 4.5/5
Average 3/5
Great 4.5/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewscruise portfront deskfree bottled waterburger kingfree breakfastfast foodfree shuttlefort lauderdalenext morningshuttle servicelast minute itemsshopping center across the streetroad noiseyogurtthe breakfast areataco bellliquor store
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Just got back from a 2 night stay at Springhill Suites. The rooms are not fancy, but are mostly spacious and clean. The customer service was excellent from the front desk to housekeeping. Every time I walked into the door they gave me a fresh bottle of water. The only weakness in the hotel is the sparse breakfast included.

• Stayed: October 2012
Kevin M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. It's always nice to know that our guests have enjoyed their stay and appreciate the value and service we strive very hard to provide. Thank you so much and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Arrived late after a flight in from San Francisco. Thank goodness for MapQuest or I wouldn't have been able to find this place! It's not really that close to the airport. Parking was full and I had to park in a tiny spot near the rear fence. Staff was friendly. Room was nice but average. Good morning breakfast. Average value.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Kevin M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry you had difficulty finding the hotel. We do have directions on our website, but unfortunately with the current construction at and around the airport, normal routes to the hotel from the airport have been temporarily changed. In the fututre I would suggest calling the hotel directly for directions, or if possible arrange for our shuttle.

Thanks again,

Reviewed October 2, 2012

As I was getting in late from a flight from the West Coast, I needed a room for the night. I was meeting up with an associate from the East Coast. Typically I enjoy a SpringHill Suite property...good quality and amenities that makes sense for my travel budget...free Internet, shuttle service and a smokin AAA rate! My flight came in at 10:30PM...I was done and all I wanted was to get a quick ride to the hotel so I could rest. Challenge began when I called for the shuttle...took a while and when it finally arrived 35 mins later I found out that this shuttle was a 25 passenger bus with a trailer...the trailer is or the massive quantity of luggage that the average cruiser packs. Just not geared for your average biz guy or gal. Don't make my mistake.

When i checked, the young man that assisted me was pleasant and recognized my Marriott status...only plus or this rating. The hotel was active with people and their red solo cups...not that there is anything wrong with that. Noisy, real busy pool...think Spring Break meets Love Boat. Room was adequate but dated including smaller flat panel TV. The worse was yet to come! Breakfast was sub par and what topped it off was when I drank the curdled milk served in those personal sized milk cartons. In all my travel days...that has never come up.

So what did I learn?
1. Always call or email and ask the hotel if your shuttle will accommodate an Osmand family reunion.
2. When on a business trip, no matter how tempting it is don't stay at hotel that caters to cruises...unless you want to be part of the party and that may be you
3. If you are a professional and happen to be female, you may not feel safe
4. Always pour your milk into a glass...or a red solo cup before chugging it down.

Hope this helps you business travelers out there!

Room Tip: Business Traveler Alert! May I suggest another hotel...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Kevin M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me personally so that we may work together to find a way to rectify the situation.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

My infant grandson and I stayed at the Springhill Suites by Marriott Sept. 1-5, 2012. As a Marriott hotel, you expect everthing to pretty much be top notch. Not so at this location. I had to ask for towels 3 days in a row. The service personnel would remove the dirty towels, but didn't put any clean towels in. This is a basic, so I couldn't believe they missed it 3 days straight. Then there was the free internet service. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Why, because this location doesn't have enough bandwith to support more than three-four users at a time and that includes the business area. Otherwise the room was good. It had a mini-fridge and microwave. Breakfast was good, with lots of variety. Also, the location was across the street from a great shopping center with restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ROWM2002
Kevin M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Reviewed September 1, 2012

The day I arrived there was no air conditioning in the lobby, and it was a hot day in the summer in Florida. It was like that for two days. The staff was very rude, girl on front desk sent us to the farthest room on the highest floor. The room happened to be a hot room because the air conditioning unit was to close to the bed, so the only place really cool was under the bed. Breakfast was bad, I mean so bad that I only had it once knowing it was included. Pool was not clean as others hotels I have stayed in. The neighborhood is death at 10pm. It is not better than any other road hotel I know. Wont stay again.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple