SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
Reviewed May 8, 2011

This was 2nd stay at this property....Location...Service...is great. Very Clean and well managed...no doubt.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jimanrainey

Reviewed May 2, 2011

Location was within walking distance to shopping and restaurants. We very much enjoyed the outdoor pool. The water temp of the pool was excellent, warm. They have an exceptional continental breakfast, although they could use more seating area. I didn't want to travel with my lap top - they had two computers with internet available for the quests. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank nickle55
Reviewed April 20, 2011

My stay was from 4/13/11 to 4/18/11 and was for business. I'm an Home-Based Travel Agent & was in town for a Cruise/Travel Trade Convention. I chose this property since I have a group sailing late November and wanted to check out the Hotel to make sure my clients will like the location, etc... THIS PLACE IS AWESOME! Practically everything's is FREE! The offer free transportation to & from the Airport and to Port Everglades (currently only $10pp for the return from the Port back to the Hotel if you leave your car). You are also able to park your car for the entire time you are on your cruise! They also have a Deluxe Continental Breakfast (eggs, bacon, sausage & even make your own waffles), bottled water, free WIFI, internet access and fax/copies. Burger King, Chipotle Grill, Vitamin Shoppe is right next door. A short walk across are more stores, restaurants, K-mart & even BJ's wholesale! It's only a 10 minute ride to the Port. On the 1st night I had chinese food delivered from Hunan's (recommended by the Front Desk; thanks Ernesto!). The pool is great & there's towels there so you don't have to bring them from your room. The beds were excellent; I slept very well! The staff here are all courteous, helpful and professional (sure you may think it's because they know I was a Travel Agent--perhaps BUT I honestly feel they are always this way because the property is such a 'gem'!). Thank you Jessica, Yadira and everyone! Now I wouldn't say I have complaints but I do have some observations I should note as well (hence the reason why I gave 'rooms' only a 4 instead of a 5). The room I was in lacked enough plug outlets, the lighting was a little on the 'dim' side and the mini fridge is 'tricky' & I couldn't figure out how to get it cold enough. Other than that, the place is awesome! Hey! I even had a chance to check out Jaxson's Ice Cream Parlor & Restaurant! It's only less than 8 minutes away and it's been in business since 1956! It's been featured on Food Network, Good Morning America, CNN & a host of other TV programs. The lines can be long BUT that's a great testament for great food & the wait is definitely worth it! This will be my CRUISE HOTEL and whenever I'm in Ft Lauderdale!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank hapitrvlr
Reviewed April 17, 2011

Our family of 5 stayed at this hotel for 1 night before a cruise a couple of weeks ago and I just wanted to let you know what a wonderful staff they have at their hotel!
We were shuttled to the hotel from the airport within 5 minutes of calling (included in cost of room).
Then upon arriving we asked for the roll away bed we had reserved and were told the hotel does not have roll away beds! They then moved us to a larger room to accommodate all 5 of us without any hesitation!!! Excellent!
Upon our arrival back in Ft Lauderdale from our cruise (at 9:00 AM) we knew we had a long day to wait as our flight home was not until 7:55 PM!
I called the hotel to see if we could store our luggage so we could go sight seeing. Not only did they store our luggage, they recommended and helped us get transportation to Hollywood Beach AND back! THEN shuttled us to the airport for our trip home!!!
Never have I had such a great experience in traveling... And we travel quite a bit! Their staff at Springhill Suites went above and beyond and is to be commended! I highly recommend this hotel to any and all that inquire!
Thank you again for making our trip so pleasurable :)

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2011

arrived fll waited about 30 min for shuttle. hotel was clean amd organized. room was more than adequate for a pre cuise stay (1 nite). watch the KSA guy. talked us into return transferes from dock to airport and was not very clear on the charges. other wise hotel was great decent breakfast, clean and quiet. just pay close attention to ksa

Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank afromen
Reviewed April 14, 2011

This was a one night stay before a cruise. Pickup at the airport very prompt, about a 10 minute wait. Check in also very fast, even a goodie bag with bottled water and some cookies. We booked two rooms and were given rooms next door to each other which was great as we were traveling with our son and his family.
The rooms were clean and spacious, the complimentary breakfast was typical , fruit, cereals, waffles, sweet rolls, etc. all good and fresh.
There is a shopping mall across the street with several resturants. We paid $5.00 per person round trip in the evening to one of the resturants. The pool and hot tub was a nice way to end the day. The hotel staff at this hotel was friendly and helpful. The shuffle to the cruise port was complimentary.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2011

So far the hotel is fine. Front desk friendly. Rooms good. Airport shuttle and cruise port shuttle run by outside company called KSA. Drivers were pleasant and vehicles clean. BUT, the dispatcher is intimidating, pushy, and opinionated. We called down for a taxi, we get down there, and the KSA van pulls up. When we told him we wanted a cab, he insisted $30 was a much better price. We insisted on a cab and it cost $22. Marriott is going to hear about this. We've signed up for the comp port transfer in the morning, and it's going to be a sales pitch to buy other services...I can see that coming. Would not stay here again unless they remove this guy...really unpleasant.

• Stayed: April 2011
Travelers also viewed these Dania Beach hotels
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites

Been to SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!