“For Florida - This Greek is Good!”

My Big Fat Greek Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 80 Restaurants in Dania Beach
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Telephone: 954-961-5030
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We had a delightful dinner, with 4 adults and one child on a Monday evening. The staff was friendly and helpful, and service was prompt. A real winner is the pork chops with spinach & feta cheese - wow was that good! I tried several appetizers instead of an entree - and I did not make a mistake! Grilled squid, lemon/garlic shrimp, and spanokopita were excellent. This is a stand alone restaurant, that looks like a seafood place overlooking the water! You can't miss the "My Big Fat Greek Restaurant sign. Would I go here again - YES - Would I recommend this restaurant - YES.

Oh, as for the childs dinner - she had her choice of 5 children's portion items, including grilled chicken strips - NOT FRIED!

If you go - enjoy! If you don't go - Ooooops! Try again next time!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We were looking for a different restaraunt when we were in Fort Lauderdale at the airport and whenIi reviewed restaraunts on line this one came in very high, I think it was 4 of all restatraunts in Dania Florida, the setting is authentic, even oour waiter was straight from Greece, or so it seemed. The food was very good portions and very tasty, the value was very good as well, we spent $80 for appetiser, 2 full meals, including filet mignon kebob, a bottle of California wine and tip, so it was fairly inexpensive, I would definately cpome back the next time I get to Fort Lauderdale.

2  Thank kpinch
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Great Greek food and on Friday and Saturday evenings they have some dancing and live music. Recommended.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

We ordered a bunch of dishes from here including Greek salad, pastitsio, and saganaki. We were pretty disappointed in the food because it was lacking the full flavors we're used to in Greek dishes. We haven't been back, but the staff was nice and the place is always packed, so we wonder if we just caught the chef on an off day.

1  Thank Rachel C
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Perhaps not the best Greek food in the area and perhaps not the best ambiance and perhaps not the best location, nevertheless a pretty decent evening--Friday night was especially fun since they had a belly dancer and musician.