Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
GreenLeadersBronze level
Amagansett, New York
“Convenient”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport hotel on a few occasions. The last being over the 4th of July weekend.
The hotel is extremely convenient to the Fort Lauderdale Hollywood airport. It is an old facility and shows some wear. The rooms are pleasant but a little sparse. They are, however, clean. The staff were very pleasant but were confused about Starwoods amenities. The Club facility does not have as many offerings as many newer hotels have and keeps limited hours.
If you wish a clean hotel near the airport this will serve your purpose but don't expect luxury.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Northern California
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband, two daughters, and I stayed here one night after our cruise on Allure of the Seas. I booked the hotel based on the reviews I read on TripAdvisor (booked through AAA for a little under $90). When I booked our room the majority of the reviews were positive. As it came closer to our trip I was reading more mixed reviews so I was a little nervous. We arrived to the hotel and I was pleasantly surprised. The lobby had a nice smell to it (our room on the other hand had a strange smell?). We asked for a crib when we checked in and by the time we got to our room it was already there. Our room was spacious and clean. We did not spend much time at our hotel because we met up with friends staying at another hotel in Fort Lauderdale. We took a "taxi" (nice black SUV) driven by a very nice man by the name of Don (cost $18 one way). He dropped us off at our friends hotel, then at the end of the day we called him and he picked us up and took us back to the Sheraton. We took a water taxi around Fort Lauderdale (Millionaire's Row), very nice. We caught the 7:30 hotel shuttle to the airport the next morning. Overall, nice stay and would stay at the hotel again if we needed a post-cruise hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MissMommy2
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2013

As an SPG loyalist and very frequent traveler, I must say I was not expecting much from this stay in Ft. Lauderdale. However, thanks to the great staff, namely Adam, we were pleased from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. Adam greeted us with a smile and quickly loaded up our bags and brought us to our room full of info on the property and helped us find a good sushi spot for dinner that night. He then picked us up and dropped us off at the airport several times due to an unfortunate 7 hour delay - the man does it all and was a pure pleasure while he did it! We also loved our room and were very, VERY thankful for the platinum upgrade and club lounge as this stay was clearly longer than expected. The lounge had high quality snacks and the room was very spacious and nice to come back to for our unexpected and very extended delay. We also could not have been more thankful for the efficient and free airport shuttle. We would definitely stay here again upon another flight to/from FLL. Thanks again, Adam!

Room Tip: The suite on the 11th floor is wonderful if you are a SPG loyalist like me! One of the best upgrades...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Vero Beach, FL
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were here in June for two nights heading to the port. This is a rather bland hotel located very close to the Ft. L airport but nothing else is within walking distance. The check in staff was pleasant. He upgraded us to a corner room and included free parking. Internet was an extra $10. The room was nice with a plush king bed, but there was a tiny ant infestation that covered the desk. Overall, nothing too special about the rooms just good enough for our short stay. We had breakfast in the dinning room and the buffet was unappetizing. It included petrified scrambled eggs, limp pancakes and fried potato nuggets. Definitely not worth $15. We used the pool and hot tub but were grossed out by the lack of deck maintenance. The same plastic drink cups with fruit, cigarette butts and empty Dorrito bags littered the hot tub area for our entire stay. Yuck. Also, all of the exterior areas of the hotel are sadly neglected. The concrete is mildewed and everything needs a pressure washing. Even the landscaping is overgrown and shabby. This could be a much nicer hotel if the maintenance director stepped up his efforts. Also, watch out for the raccoon that haunts the pool area.

Room Tip: Get a corner room with the wide view of the airport.
Green Features: Did not see any. If they are enviro friendly, It wasn't obvious.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank nys
SFA1825, General Manager at Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your feedback, we value your comments and we have taken note of your experience. Please know we have taken note of your experience, suggestions and all concerns have been addressed with our hotel leaders. Please accept my most sincere apology we did not meet all your expectations.

Once again thank you for your feedback!

Best Regards

JGarcia
Jensen Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We will NEVER stay with this hotel EVER again. Customer Service has become a thing of the past for this chain. My husband had a reservation and was at the front desk checking in. I asked him to make a reservation for me for the following wknd. Front desk told him that they cannot make reservations....he must call the1800 number to make a reservation. What? You do not want my business..future businesd because you cannot accommodate my reservation request/your revenue stream? You want to make it 8nconvenient for me to make a reservation? Well, I will book with another hotel that values customer svc...I do.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank grayceey
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for selecting the Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Airport Hotel and taking time to provide us feedback on your recent stay. Your comments are appreciated. Please know we have taken note of your experience, suggestions and your concern has been addressed with our front office staff. Please accept my most sincere apology we did not meet your expectations.

Once again thank you for your feedback!

Best Regards

JGarcia
Maryland
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Like many others, did not specifically plan a vacation stay here but ended up b/c of flight cancellation.
After our flight into FLL was delayed, we were not able to make our connecting flight and were told the next flight they could book us on was in 2 days(!), or if we got lucky try flying stand by the next am. I was not happy about trying to find a reliable hotel room on same day notice, with room, transportation, and food costs in a city I didn't know.
Enter the SPG website - pulled up nearby Sheraton airport, was able to easily book with starpoints; front desk understood my bleary eyed request and our need to stay 1 or possibly 2 nights at the airline's mercy "no problem"
Complimentary shuttle, clean comfortable rooms, beautiful pool and Jacuzzi, complimentary shuttle to nearby mall for dinner and even took in a movie.
Nothing but good things to say about this hotel, staff and services - happy they were able to fill in the gap we needed and make lemonade out of the lemons the airline had given us!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bfnbon
Livingston, Montana
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We spent the night here in mid-June before flying out the following day. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and obviously took great pride in going the extra mile for guests. Nathan, who guided us around the property and helped us with our luggage after we checked in, provided outstanding service. Everything throughout the property was clean and well-kept. Our room was spacious, comfortable, and economical. The pool and jacuzzi were refreshing/soothing, and the gym was well-equipped. The breakfast buffet was lovely. We didn't eat any other meals on site, but instead chose to dine at one of the many nearby restaurants -- conveniently located a short shuttle ride away. Although I was happy to get to our destination (Bahamas) the next day, I could have been quite content staying at this hotel for a few more nights.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#12 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

Been to Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!