1,015 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night prior to a cruise. Overall, it was great.

Rooms and Lobby: Nice, clean, no complaints.

We are SPG members. We had drinks and hors d'oeuvres included in the evening, and also breakfast. Breakfast included hot and cold items and was satisfactory -- something for everyone. We were not able to stay on the SPG floor since we needed two queen beds and they did not have any available rooms with two queen beds on that floor. No biggie.

The kids wanted pizza, so in lieu of eating at the restaurant, which was the original plan, we asked the front desk for a recommendation and had the pizza delivered to us. Two of the people in our group were staying in a large two story suite, complete with a large dining table, so we all had dinner in there. That suite was very nice by the way, with 1.5 bathrooms, living area, wet bar area, a large dining table, and a circular staircase. I would not recommend this suite to you if you have small children, however, because of the circular staircase. I had to keep pulling my kids off of it.

The hotel helped us book the shuttle to the cruise terminal for the next morning; it was $10 per person. The hotel also had free shuttle pick-up from Ft. Lauderdale airport. We were in a large group, and the first shuttle did not have enough room to accommodate us all. Three of us stayed back and took the next shuttle; it was approximately a 15 minute wait.

The location is convenient to both the airport and the cruise terminal. It was a good experience overall -- I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank whitesandbeach
Reviewed December 12, 2012

The hotel is very nice...great pool , but the dining and beverage prices are far too expensive and unless you have a vehicle, there are no alternatives. The pickup from the airport is free but they charge $10 per person to take you to the cruise port. There are better alternatives.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nbsandman
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I arrived and had booked through priceline however priceline never contacted the hotel with the booking information. The clerk on duty Sandra went above to contact priceline and get all the booking information and found us a beautiful room in the hotel. She then waved some of the extra charges to make up for the inconvience. Sandra made our stay at the Sheraton pleasant and relaxing when it could have been a nightmare.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robert G
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Great place to stay if you need a place near the airport. The shuttle service was very convenient and the driver Nathan was extremely helpful and friendly. I arrived on a late flight and was tired and crabby. By the time the shuttled deposited me at the hotel, I had a smile on my face and felt very welcome. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Lori C
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed at this hotel as a one night stay to bridge our arrival in Fort Lauderdale and the departure of our cruise. I got the impression that most of the guests at this hotel stay for a one night stop over.

Plus:
-Free shuttle to local shops or resteraunts. Although the shuttle is free, we tipped the driver who was great.
-Modern hotel
-Nice pool and exercise room
-Free WiFi in the lobby (not in room) and a business center
-Friendly hotel staff
-Nice Rooms

Cons:
-Due to the location of the hotel, it didn't seem safe to walk to anywhere. They do however offer a free shuttle service, which more then compensated.
-They charged for Internet in the room

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lwu22qq