New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Worth
“Before the Cruise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This hotel has a free airport shuttle - that is what makes the difference for me. Good place to stay before a cruise. Nice Pool, nice rooms, nice bar area. ASK for a good rate. There is nothing within walking distance, if you don't have a car you are isolated.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The primary reason I chose to stay at this hotel is that I understood their airport shuttle pick-up to be timely and frequent. When I made the reservation with the hotel I mentioned that I would be flying into Fort Lauderdale after midnight and did not want to be standing outside the airport alone for too long since my husband would not be with me and I am 7 months pregnant. The reservations agent assured me I'd have nothing to worry about----she gave me the shuttle phone number to call directly and said the driver would leave as soon as he heard from me that night. Unfortunately it took 3 phone calls and about 30 minutes of waiting outside the airport in the middle of the night for Sheraton's shuttle to pick me up. The room I checked into was clean and comfortable, I did get a good night's sleep once I finally got to the hotel. The gentleman who set up all the food in the club lounge----PAUL----was very pleasant. He was enjoyable to speak with and wanted to make sure club guests were happy with their snacks/drinks.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank spagirlMD
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed one night as we had a early flight next day at 6:30AM. We checked out at 4:30 and its just 5-10 minutes drive to Airport. Hotel looks very good and clean. Bar is very nice and we had some drinks there while watching football games.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Prasad413in
Paducah, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Recently spent one night here prior to leaving for a cruise out of Miami. We arrived very late and left early the next morning. It was packed. We used SPG Gold points for our stay. Rooms were clean and beds were very comfortable. The hotel was closely situated to Interstate 95. Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Halifax, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed here before flying home because of early start next morning. No good directions to registration desk and ended in parking lot which cost to get out of ($3.00 for 1 1/2 hours). Girl on registration really didn't want to be there, she was rude to both hotel guests before me and I was lucky number three. Told me that room wifi was $9.95 plus tax for 24 hours (complementary in most other hotels). I complained and was told "You use it, you pay". Hallway paint and carpets badly in need of refreshing, dust bunnies and ingrained dirt on room carpet, room was decorated like funeral home. Exit stairs disgusting. There are many other hotels in area I will never use this one again. Shame on Sheraton.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank cathyjim21
Gerry M, Director of Sales at Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the service issues you experienced. I would love the opportunity to address these concerns further with you to understand more about your service concerns. Please contact me directly at the hotel at your convenience, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I parked at the Sheraton during my recent flight to Denver. The facility is secure, great service by the guest service staff. The best was the shuttle service to FLL Airport. Rich Bryant, our shuttle driver was extremely helpful and courteous and only waited less than 5 minutes for the shuttle. The price was great. Strongly recommend this facility. I will for sure use the Sheraton again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I really enjoyed staying at the Sheraton. the pool was great, the food was great, a computer and printer were readily available during my stay.The rooms were clean and the spa was close by. You can walk 30 yards and grab a bus to any place in South Florida.

Room Tip: Close to the airport and the beach, but away from the crowds. Sheryl on the night shift was extremel...