“A little well worn, but still great.”

Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed here for our two days prior to our cruise. When researching prices on AAA, I was surprised to see a Sheraton pricing out cheaper than even Days Inn’s and Best Western.

Our room has two oh so heavenly queen sized beds. We have a chair in the corner. We have a computer desk with internet connection (for $9.95 a day) and plenty of places to plug in cell phones, phone chargers, and iPads. We have a chest of drawers and TV. We have a mini fridge. The room is quite comfortable with 3 of us. I love the color scheme of blues and browns here and there are beautiful comforters on bed. The bathroom is VERY small. There is less than an inch between your knees and the door! There is lots of room on the bathroom sick for toiletries. And guests have a nice amenities basket.

If you are lucky enough to be on the 4th floor and are driving, you just walk right out onto the parking deck.

The hotel its self is beautiful and covers 11 acres of perfectly manicured grounds. The pool is wonderful as are the grounds that surround it. Tucked away are hammocks for romantic evenings. Trees, bushes, and gardens greet guests who venture out and explore. The lobby is beautiful and stylish with plenty of statues, fountains, and chandeliers.

The hotel is in a great location about 2 miles from the airport and cruise ship pier. There are several malls, restaurants, and attractions nearby. It is easy to get to from Highway 1 and Interstate 95. Miami airport and cruise pier is about 45 away while Palm Beach is about an hour away.

There is a parking deck and parking is $15 per day. There is a free shuttle to the airport. They do have a stay and park program if you are cruise bound. They also have shuttles to a number of areas of interests for a fee.

There is a pool/sauna. They have a great fitness room. There is a restaurant on the premises (breakfast buffet is $22 pp!). Business center. Pet friendly with a doggie beach nearby. There is a concierge and gift shop. It is gated at night. They are an AAA 3 diamond property. If you are coming in for the Monsters of Rock cruise, there were several of the bands staying here.

The place is beautiful but it is a bit older and could use some refurbishing. Carpets are worn looking and furniture needs updating. And on our first day I noticed a room service tray out in the hallway and since I collect wine bottle labels, I grabbed the bottle, removed the label, and returned it. 2 days later when we left, that tray was still there!

Despite a few complaints, the hotel is beautiful, the employees are friendly and helpful, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sburris65
Write a ReviewReviews (1,014)

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed there on September 1, 2012 for one night accompanied by our daughter, her husband, and his parents.
We waited about 15 minutes for pick-up at the Ft. Lauderdale airport. Check-in was fast and efficient. I presented my Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) membership card and learned that it had expired because I had not stayed at a participating hotel in the past 12 months. Therefore, I had to apply for a new card. I do not agree with this policy and in the future, I will attempt to stay at hotels which feature the Priority Club Rewards Program, such as Staybridge Suites, Hotel Indigo, and Holiday Inn. Their points never expire.
We found all of the staff to be very pleasant and accomodating.
The rooms were spacious and clean as were the bathrooms. There is a small, but well equipped fitness centre on the property and a large outdoor pool and patio. Towels are available near the pool, so you don't have to bring any down from your room.
If you wish to use the hotel shuttle to the cruise port, it will cost you $10 per person. Travel by taxi will cost a similar amount for two people.
Meals at the hotel restaurants are not exactly inexpensive, so we ordered in some pizzas for dinner. As far as breakfast was concerned, we decided to wait until we boarded the ship.
All-in-all, we have no complaints or criticisms about our stay other than the SPG situation.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank cruisefan1950
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Lobby restaurant and bar- Something to talk about has an excellent Cobb Salad and California Club. If you love garlic the brushetta would knock you dead. It was terrific. Our server Nohemy Short was quick to meet all our dining and bar needs. We left so full yet are eyeing dessert in a couple of hours. Great place to visit.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NoreenD501
Reviewed September 22, 2012

There was a bellman desk but nobody cared to help me with my luggage. I had to drag my luggage all the way to our room. The rooms were clean. This is the first airport area hotel I ever stayed in that charged $15 for parking. The staff at the front desk were rude.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank subbulu
Gerry M, Director of Sales at Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the service issues you experienced. I would love the opportunity to address these concerns further with you to understand more about your service concerns. Please contact me directly at the hotel at your convenience, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel the day after our Caribbean Cruise and have nothing really major to complain about!!! First off, the staff was very friendly and the lobby was beautiful. The pool area is very spacious and during our one night stay, there was plenty of chairs to relax on.

Let me make sure I let you all in on the facts, this hotel main purpose is to provide shelter for cruise and airline passengers. There are no restaurants within walking distance nor any type of store. If you are renting a car, you can easily go anyplace you like.

The gift shop had very old souvenirs and was not impressive at all, however the lady who worked there was very accomodating.

The inside of our room was comfortable, however the hotel could use a little sprucing up. The check-in and check-out process was smooth and the complimentary airport shuttle was a welcomed surprise. The business center had state of the art equipment and touch screen monitors, so my son enjoyed that very much.

Overall I would definitely stay here again if I am only seeking over night accomodations for a cruise or something like that. If you are looking to venture out and walk to some sort of shopping or dining, then this hotel would not fit your needs.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank TRGLASS
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I was given breakfast by a front desk attendant because of having a awful arrival. Everything that could go wrong seemed like it did. A very kind front desk attendant offered me breakfast throughout my stay. The voucher read: Expires 8-9. I checked in on the 6th of Sept. Not noticing that the dates were a little off when I went down for breakfast the next morning. You would think that because of the dates that it was an error meaning 9-9 because of my check out date. They made me feel like I was trying to get away with something. It was an inconvenience and an embarrassment. "How dare he try to get away with a 16 dollar meal." Not a great way to start your day or your stay. I would've checked out had I not want to go through that hassle and the damage was done.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Anthony B
Gerry M, Director of Sales at Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Reviewed September 5, 2012

The best thing about this hotel is that its close to the airport and they have free shuttle service to and from. That being said, this hotel is in need of some upgrades. The rooms are clean and are a pretty good size but you can tell they've definitely had their share of wear and tear. The lobby and downstairs restaurant seemed to be in pretty good shape and were definitely pleasing to the eye. The staff was great help as well. I had some packages delivered to the hotel prior to my arrival and I had no problems with my packages being received and delivered to me. Not the greatest hotel for a long-term stay but definitely good enough for a short stay and proximity to the ports.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank bahamalady
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#12 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdal...
#39 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!