1,014 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed there on September 1, 2012 for one night accompanied by our daughter, her husband, and his parents.
We waited about 15 minutes for pick-up at the Ft. Lauderdale airport. Check-in was fast and efficient. I presented my Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) membership card and learned that it had expired because I had not stayed at a participating hotel in the past 12 months. Therefore, I had to apply for a new card. I do not agree with this policy and in the future, I will attempt to stay at hotels which feature the Priority Club Rewards Program, such as Staybridge Suites, Hotel Indigo, and Holiday Inn. Their points never expire.
We found all of the staff to be very pleasant and accomodating.
The rooms were spacious and clean as were the bathrooms. There is a small, but well equipped fitness centre on the property and a large outdoor pool and patio. Towels are available near the pool, so you don't have to bring any down from your room.
If you wish to use the hotel shuttle to the cruise port, it will cost you $10 per person. Travel by taxi will cost a similar amount for two people.
Meals at the hotel restaurants are not exactly inexpensive, so we ordered in some pizzas for dinner. As far as breakfast was concerned, we decided to wait until we boarded the ship.
All-in-all, we have no complaints or criticisms about our stay other than the SPG situation.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank cruisefan1950
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Lobby restaurant and bar- Something to talk about has an excellent Cobb Salad and California Club. If you love garlic the brushetta would knock you dead. It was terrific. Our server Nohemy Short was quick to meet all our dining and bar needs. We left so full yet are eyeing dessert in a couple of hours. Great place to visit.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank NoreenD501
Reviewed September 22, 2012

There was a bellman desk but nobody cared to help me with my luggage. I had to drag my luggage all the way to our room. The rooms were clean. This is the first airport area hotel I ever stayed in that charged $15 for parking. The staff at the front desk were rude.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank subbulu
Gerry M, Director of Sales at Le Meridien Dania Beach at Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the service issues you experienced. I would love the opportunity to address these concerns further with you to understand more about your service concerns. Please contact me directly at the hotel at your convenience, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel the day after our Caribbean Cruise and have nothing really major to complain about!!! First off, the staff was very friendly and the lobby was beautiful. The pool area is very spacious and during our one night stay, there was plenty of chairs to relax on.

Let me make sure I let you all in on the facts, this hotel main purpose is to provide shelter for cruise and airline passengers. There are no restaurants within walking distance nor any type of store. If you are renting a car, you can easily go anyplace you like.

The gift shop had very old souvenirs and was not impressive at all, however the lady who worked there was very accomodating.

The inside of our room was comfortable, however the hotel could use a little sprucing up. The check-in and check-out process was smooth and the complimentary airport shuttle was a welcomed surprise. The business center had state of the art equipment and touch screen monitors, so my son enjoyed that very much.

Overall I would definitely stay here again if I am only seeking over night accomodations for a cruise or something like that. If you are looking to venture out and walk to some sort of shopping or dining, then this hotel would not fit your needs.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank TRGLASS
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I was given breakfast by a front desk attendant because of having a awful arrival. Everything that could go wrong seemed like it did. A very kind front desk attendant offered me breakfast throughout my stay. The voucher read: Expires 8-9. I checked in on the 6th of Sept. Not noticing that the dates were a little off when I went down for breakfast the next morning. You would think that because of the dates that it was an error meaning 9-9 because of my check out date. They made me feel like I was trying to get away with something. It was an inconvenience and an embarrassment. "How dare he try to get away with a 16 dollar meal." Not a great way to start your day or your stay. I would've checked out had I not want to go through that hassle and the damage was done.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank Anthony B
Gerry M, Director of Sales at Le Meridien Dania Beach at Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012