1,015 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 9, 2011

We were assigned this hotel by Delta Airlines because they had canceled our direct flight from Atlanta to Manchester. They wanted to route us via Air France through Paris which was totally unacceptable to us and we had no choice but to stay an extra night in Fort Lauderdale following our Silversea's cruise from Barbados.
We have stayed at several airport hotels on this 5 week trip but this was the first Sheraton. We have always assumed that Sheraton Hotels are in the upper market of hotels and was looking forward to the experience even though we angry with Delta for delaying our return home.
The shuttle service from the hotel was very efficient and the driver was very friendly and chatty and suggested somewhere to visit within walking distance of the hotel. We checked in and was immediately aware of how dingy the hotel looked with the very dated colour scheme.(dark brown and cream). The room was clean but again tired looking because of the drab decoration. There was strange smell coming out of the air con unit. At first I thought we had a smoking room but all the signs said no-smoking. There was no safety deposit box in the room but we understand they were available from reception. Strange system , how are they secured.
I fired up my laptop and was astounded to be charged $10 for access. In 5 weeks this was the first time I had been charged for internet access other than on board the ship. The connection was barely above 0.5 MB download speed. I did find out later that there was a free connection adjacent to the lobby. There was nothing in the room to tell you this and I was not advised on check-in.
We went to the customer service desk to check on the location of the place that the driver had told us about. The young guy on the desk had not got a clue where it was and said there was no where we could walk to. He just gave us booklet of coupons for attractions in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area.
We went to the Iron Grill restaurant for some lunch and was told it was closed but that we could get food in the bar area which was basically an extension of the lobby. We had a Club Sandwich which was not very inspiring to say the least.
We did find the attraction which has a ProBass Shopping Centre and Fishing Museum. They were both very good and well worth a visit. No problem walking.
After killing a few hours we decided to shower, change and go down to dinner. It was 8.00pm. When we arrived at the restaurant it was totally deserted and obviously closed. We went to reception and was advised the only place to eat was the bar!!! We did not feel inclined to get a taxi and try to find somewhere else so went to the bar. As we sat at a table we immediately noticed the same unpleasant odour coming from the air con. It smelt like stale food to me. The food was again uninspiring so we went back to our room to count down the hours before we could leave.
The hotel was a huge disappointment, We had stayed at a Hoilday Inn Express near Atlanta airport and the Crowne Plaza near Miami airport. Both were streets ahead of the Sheraton. If we had been paying for the room I would have been extremely unhappy. We will not by choice be staying at another Sheraton Hotel.

Room Tip: Not sure if they have any.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank fulstoneflyer
SheratonFTLAirport, General Manager at Le Meridien Dania Beach at Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

Dear fulstoneflyer,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience as our guest. I am truly sorry to hear about your challenges with Delta. We work closely with all the airlines to minimize the inconvenience to distressed passengers who need emergency accommodations.

May I first thank you for your compliments to our Guest Services team who took excellent care of your transportation needs and our housekeeping team for the cleanliness of your guest room. I will share your comments with them.

I apologize for your dissatisfaction with our hotel decor, amenities, and restaurant hours of operation. We open our Fire Iron Grill for lunch and dinner based on our occupancy levels seasonally, but we always have service available in our lobby restaurant and lounge. Our safety deposit boxes are very secure as the guest is the only individual with one of the two keys, and if lost, the box must be drilled open to access the contents with the guest present. Our internet charges are consistent with other full-service hotels, but we do provide access complimentary in public areas and food and beverage outlets. I cannot confirm an issue with your air-conditioning odor in your guest room, but if you can provide a room number to me, I will immediately address your concern.

I hope you will choose to return to the hotel and allow us to restore your faith in our hotel accommodations. Please contact me personally should you return to the area.

Warm regards,

Tom Mulroy

Reviewed November 7, 2011

The people worked here are very nice, they actually tried to accommodate me despite I arrive very early in the morning (Red Eyes from LA) which I really appreciate to have a real bed after 6 hours of flight.

The room that I received was spectacular. It was one of the bi level suites in the house. Bedroom on the top floor and living room / dining room/wet bar is located on the first floor. The decor and comfort are the standard Sheraton quality. Room was very clean despite how big it is.

I had dinner at the lobby bar and breakfast in the morning. Lobby Bar restaurant is very nice and the bar tender was very friendly which made the entire atmosphere more lively.

The hotel have a small gym and a pool which is good if you want to exercise while you are away from home.

If you plan to park and go on cruise, it is suggested to pay ahead at 3rd party website, its cheaper than paying at hotel direct.

Also, the shuttle from airport to hotel was very slow. Its my only disappointment.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Doraemon79
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I have the most professional experience in concierge service by Mr. Erick Cesar, he greeter me with smile and positive perspective in relation to hotel amenities, outside hotel areas attraction and restaurants. When I approach to the guest service desk, he took over my worries by making all the arrangement for me and my family to the restaurant, to Sawgrass Mills Mall and transportation. I have been in many business trip in different states and I was expecting the same unprofessional service, but he showed excellent concierge service. Thank you Erick for your kindness and expertise.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Samuel S
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Talk about a team spirit that delivers above and beyond service.. We just discovered this hotel for park and fly services and they were terrific. We are relative locals, living in Florida about an hour away, and we stayed for dinner just to patronize the hotel. From the young man at the parking desk to the waitress who made us feel like old friends to the early morning front desk staff that went out of their way to get me a diet coke at 5:45 AM (carolyn?) to the airport shuttle driver, we were really impressed. It's not phony service- the hiring manager just knows how to pick good people. He or she has the formula and this hotel reflects an amazingly positive spirit. We plan to go spend a night to pay it back! Go there and see for yourself. This hotel rocks.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SCRAPPYJupiter
Reviewed October 30, 2011

seasoned looking men hanging out on our Floor. Seemed like they were trying to earn a living.
I wouldn't recommend this hotel for a traveling family with kids.
We moved across the street. Where there was security.

Room Tip: Stay across the street where they have security.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank lisakodfritz
SheratonFTLAirport, General Manager at Le Meridien Dania Beach at Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2011

Dear lisakodfritz,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am truly sorry that you did not feel comfortable with the other guests at the hotel. We have management staff actively engaged throughout the hotel available at all times to ensure a safe and hospitable hotel experience and address any security concerns of our guests. I would love to hear more about your stay. Please contact me at your convenience, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Tom Mulroy