1,015 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Service provided by the staff was outstanding especially those provided by Ms Trudy Holder. We were made to feel comfortable and at peace as we grieved the loss of a dear family member. Much thanks to the support and considerations given to my family by Ms Holder. We shall definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2011

My husband and I spent one night at this hotel. The Hilton is right across the street and we have stayed there before and would definately recomend it over the Sheraton. We were on the 6th floor which was supposed to be an upgraded room. I would hate to see the lower floors. The room was nothing special, the hallways were hot as if they didn't have AC. The parking was ridiculous and you have to pay $12.75 per day. We returned to our room about midnight and there was no parking places available. I had to park in another parking lot and when we went to leave our car was locked in the parking lot. I had to ask them to come and unlock the gate so I could leave. The lobby area looks really nice and when you get to the room it was a huge disappointment. We will not stay there again, we will go across the street to Hilton. Also, you have to pay for internet in the room. It is available in the lobby for free.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank nels888
SheratonFTLAirport, General Manager at Le Meridien Dania Beach at Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2011

Dear Nels888,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I am truly disappointed to read that you were not completely satisfied with your accommodations and parking. The parking lot in which you parked in front of the hotel is owned and managed by the hotel, and your vehicle was safely secured there overnight by our staff. Our parking and internet charges are very competitive with full-service hotels in the area, and we do offer hotel package pricing which includes internet, parking, and breakfast at very attractive rates throughout the summer and fall. I hope you will give us another opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel. I would greatly appreciate you contacting me personally to make your arrangements for your next stay in Fort Lauderdale. I look forward to your call.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 6, 2011

This property is a favorite of Gold and Platinum Starwood Guests because they truly show their appreciation for the CEM Guest's loyalty to SPG! Therefore I am honored to write this email to recognize this great property that offers luxury, top notch service and amazing bang for the bucks!
Indera and Robert checked me in at the front desk and I want to make known my gratefulness for you both in providing such an exceptional experience this past weekend at your Property. I want to be sure that your GM (Tom) realizes how much I appreciated your Team's hospitality, the room upgrade's, the early check-in, the late check-out, and the overall warmth and personal care your property extended to my Guest's and myself. I also loved the Bi-level corner suite on the top floor! What a GREAT ROOM!

I recommend this property and you can count on a truly exceptional experience that goes above and beyond the normal high standards Starwood sets for it's guests. The bottom line is this was one of those stay's where everything just went perfect. No problems, issues, negativity, and everything happened that needed to happen to make it a great experience.  By the way, Peter the Bartender is awesome! He really entertained our Guests!

Room Tip: Take advantage of Summer Specials!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Baba M
SheratonFTLAirport, General Manager at Le Meridien Dania Beach at Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2011

Dear Babadas,

Thank you for taking the time to recognize Indera, Robert, and Peter for their outstanding service to you. We will certainly celebrate their hospitality and commitment to your satisfaction. It was truly a pleasure to read about your experience at our hotel, and we look forward to your return when you are in the Fort Lauderdale area again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 5, 2011

My Fiance' and I stayed at this hotel For a fair price. The room was average cleanand somewhat up to date. My choice would have been different if i knedw what i was in for. Prior to my arrival my Fiance' checked in earlier than I. That afternoon she had ordered takeout food from a nearby restrauant. Upon recieving the food there was a (male) housekeeper. He was nice to offer my fiance a complimentary water and she accepted as my fiance' was walking out of room to p/u takeout at lobby. This is where it gets SCARY. I arrived later that evening around 11:00pm . My arrival was fine the shuttle service was normal. We had a wonderful night together relaxing in our room, the room could have been much nicer than expected though it was ok up to par and comfortbale. That night we intended on sleeping in and having a peaceful morning to ourselves with no disruptions ....,as always when you are at a hotel of this quality they have the DO NOT DISTURB hanger for the door. That wasplaced on the outside of our door. In the morning not fully awake and still having a lovely time with my fiance' we hear a knock on the door and we were SURPRISED especially when you intend on not BEING DISTURBED! I answer the door and meet a (male) whike I open door i see his JAW DROP because of course he must have not have been prepared to see a man in our room. I asked him what is the nature for knocking while I would not like to be DISTURBED especially after having a ROMANTIC night with my Fiance' i also wanted a ROMANTIC morning before checking out. He had a plastic bag with toilet paper and tissues which were not REQUESTED and towels soap also NOT REQUESTED and he had the oddasady to knock on our door at the time of 8:40 am .This upset quite angrily. After showering and becoming extremely upset with as I feel a CREEP that was KNOCKING on our door to my knowledge i believe he was thinking my Fiance' was still alone! This disgusted tremendously especially when i was not planning on having a CREEP knock on my door during a romantic relaxing time

I immediately reported this to the front desk staff. They involved the General Manager who was unprofessional. Yes of course I was upset both of us were. Who is this man to knock on our hotel room door when we are paying to have a private quiet uninterrupted morning. Instead it was ruined after hearing this (male/ housekeeper had also encounted my Fiance' the day before. Who I believe is extremely in predator violation

The Manager justified his actions and created lies , such as we requested these items which is FALSE. JUST A WARNING TO ANY GIRL I WOULD NEVER STAY HERE ALONE especially on the fourth floor.

The bottom line is we even had breakfast there and we were lied to by the G.M. and everyone at this hotel thought this matter was acceptable . Why do they MAKE DO NOT DISTURB SIGNS if they do not mean anything. Obviously at this hotel THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMER

WE will NEVER STAY HER again and wish we had stayed at another suite /hotel one of my suggestions is Cambria Suites abosoloutely was perfect and srvice was great @m Cambria affordbility is about the same and I will be staying there next time i am in this vicinity
The ROOMS ARE MUCH NICER THAT IS A PLUS AS WELL

The SHERATON SHOWED NO CONCERN FOR THE INCIDENT .CALL US LIARS WE FEEL DEGRDED AND INSULTED DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU
disturbed. THEY NEED A NEW STAFF ALL AROUND THE SERVFICE IS POOR!!!¡

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank adamrouba
SheratonFTLAirport, General Manager at Le Meridien Dania Beach at Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2011

Dear adamrouba,

It is unfortunate you have chosen to use TripAdvisor to inaccurately report your experience. Our staff was very responsive to your guest requests to your room, and your fiancee graciously thanked our associate by name for his prompt and attentive service. We will continue to make the safety and security of our guests our #1 priority and treat all of our valued guests with the utmost hospitality and professionalism.

Reviewed June 28, 2011

My husband and I needed a place to lay our heads before taking a cruise on the Allure of the Seas. After arriving so late due to bad weather in Atlanta and Ft. Lauderdale, we were glad to see the 24 hr. shuttle so quick. It also picked up the airline crew who flew our plane. The room was so nice, bathroom too. No free breakfast but we were having lunch as soon as we boarded our ship. We checked out at noon and walked to the $10 shuttle that took us to the Port. No problems, no issues or complaints. I enjoyed a good nights rest in a great bed and the hotel is very lovely inside. I hated that I didn't get to use the restaurant. The desk folk were very nice and the price we paid was so low. I told the cruise staff about this Sheraton. She sometimes needs a good hotel for her guest.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sunray712
SheratonFTLAirport, General Manager at Le Meridien Dania Beach at Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2011

Dear Sunray712,

Thank you for taking the time to share your excellent experience on TripAdvisor. We hope you had a fantastic cruise, and we can look forward to your return soon. We pride ourselves on our outstanding guest services and airport/cruiseport transporation staff, and we are thrilled they took great care of you. Our restaurant staff would be delighted to be of service to you upon your next visit.

Warm regards,