“Thank you Kenyetta and Sheraton for helping us through a difficult afternoon.”

Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 17, 2011

Dear Management-

Having worked for several years in the hotel industry before returning to school I have a great understanding and appreciation for those who work in the hotel industry. And I just had to send a thank you for the staff member and your hotel for taking care of me friend and I after a trying day flying the skies around Florida.

Your front desk manager, Kenyetta, was most helpful and very understanding of our trying day. It was after midnight and my buddy and I were just ready for some dinner and some sleep. With all that had gone on this evening my buddy and I were tired and frustrated. But Kenyetta was very curteous and helpful. She listened to our plight, the short version, and got us taken care of. We got a nice room with a nice view of the pool. The next morning as I woke up to get ready to go back to the airport I realized we were across the street from the BASS Pro Shop where my parents and I had taken my kids two years before along with the Fish Museum. Brought back great memories. But back to the service. Kenyetta was very nice and greeted us with a smile and calm voice. At this point my buddy and I were exhausted having started our day at the airport at 1:30 pm Knoxville time. As we got checked in Kenyetta suggested an eatery that delivered and got us pointed in the right direction. Because our baggage was still at one of two airports, we had no toothbrushes or toothpaste. And that was taken care of as well. Thank goodness.

We got to our room and walked to a clean room with comfortable beds. Usually sleeping in a hotel is not real good the first night, as we all know. But I know my bed was extremely comfortable and I slept really well. That was a relief because we still had another 3-plus hours at the airport waiting on our luggage. My friend is a member of your frequent stay membership, and he was glad to be able to add to his point totals. I was just glad we had a good place to sleep and close to the airport.

It is a place I would not hesitate staying at again, and a place I will recommend to anyone I know making a trip to Ft. Lauderdale and needing to stay close to the airport our just wanting a nice place to stay. No matter where you go, the amenities, food or whatever can be excellent, but without quality service, things are just average. There will always be a BUT to a comment. Not so here. The service was like wrapping a special package. It topped it all off. And your employee, the hotel and you the management should be commended for an excellent job.

Thank you again for making a very long day a lot better at the end, and giving us some much needed rest. I hope I get another chance to visit your establishment in the near future.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
SheratonFTLAirport, General Manager at Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2011

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and taking the time to write such a glowing review of Kenyetta. We shared your story at our all associate meeting on Friday and recognized her outstanding service with a gift certificate award. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you back at our hotel soon.

Best regards,

Tom Mulroy

Write a ReviewReviews (1,014)

Reviewed March 22, 2011

I absolutely cannot say enough great things about this hotel. The staff made this hotel a 5 star for our family. I have never been to a hotel where we treated so well. The only negative, is the distance to any sort of shopping/grocery stores. The pool was great, a nice hot tub, beautiful lobby. We were there the night before our cruise, so we had a large group-- My husband and I, 4 kids, in-laws...... and they treated us so well!! Sean in Guest Services was so helpful, and Janette at the front desk so friendly and efficient. And the shuttle driver was really funny-- kept the kids giggling and laughing!
We would recommend this hotel to anyone, and everyone.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
SheratonFTLAirport, General Manager at Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, and our staff took such excellent care of you. We look forward to your return for your next five-star family vacation.

Reviewed March 20, 2011

We stayed here so we would be close to FLL for an early flight. Location close to the airport was perfect. Hotel is a bit tired and worn and could use a refurbishing. I booked a club floor room but upon arrival none were available. The h'or derives for club room guests were absolutely horrible. Staff were all pleasant and helpful however.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank elizabethmacdonald

Thank you for your review of our hotel service and accommodations. I sincerely apologize for failing to provide your Club level guest room and the quality of the food and beverage in the lounge during your stay. I have addressed your challenges with the Front Office Manager and Executive Chef so as to improve our service for all of our guests, and I truly appreciate you having brought this to my attention. Please contact me personally at the hotel to speak with you further about your experience.

Reviewed March 15, 2011

I had a great experience during my 2 week stay at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale. The shuttle was very convenient. I was picked up with minutes and when in a rush to leave upon my departure was taken right away. The food was excellent, I was very fond of my room service attendant, ED, who was extremely attentive and friendly . He even remembered all my special requests and brought up extra condiments the next day. The amenities were great. I loved the large pool and the gym was very private and clean. I will definitely return to this hotel when I come back.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for the opportunity to be of service to you for your extended stay with us. We were truly delighted to have you as a guest in 'your home away from home', and we look forward to your return when visiting Fort Lauderdale again. Please let us know when you expect you so we can have all your special requests ready for your arrival.

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 4, 2011

Everyone was courtious and on the ball. I travel a lot and I have to say, your team is top notch. Our rider Rich was very accomodating. Thank you for your services. The service industry need to learn from this team.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amissme

Thank you for sharing your story about the service you received from your shuttle driver Rich with our Guest Services Team. He is a true asset to our hotel, and I am thrilled to hear he took such excellent care of you. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed March 1, 2011

Just checked in today but had to rave about my shuttle experience. Hotel was quick in response and picked me up within minutes. The shuttle driver was a breathe of fresh air. Friendly and helpful ! Great way to start my trip !

• Stayed: March 2011

Thank you for sharing your experience with our hotel transportation driver. They do an outstanding job, and we appreciate your commendations for their service. We truly hope to be of service to you again soon.

Reviewed February 20, 2011

As a long-time platinum Starwood member, I have had the opportunityy and pleasure to stay at this hotel on several occasions. Each visit has been very enjoyable, and I look forward to many more in the future.

The management and associates are both professional, courteous and friendly. They make me feel as if I am 'family'. Special thanks go to Jamie Thompson, front desk manager, for always going out of his way to make sure that everything is taken care of.

The physical aspects of the property provide a very tranquil atmosphere: the public and pool areas are quite attractive. The fitness center contains all of the cardio and weight equipment that one would need. The hotel has a club lounge, providing excellent breakfast choices, as well as more than adequate evening snacks.

We were provided with a beautiful suite, one of the best we have experienced. It was nicely furnished and extremely comfortable.

As I said, I look forward to my future visits.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your story about Jamie Thompson, the Sheraton Airport family and the service you received. We are so appreciative of our Platinum Starwood Preferred Guests and their loyalty, and I thank you for returning to our hotel several times to enjoy all we have to offer at 'your home away from home'. Please let me know when we can expect your return, and I look forward to meeting you on your next visit to Fort Lauderdale.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#12 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdal...
#38 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!