“Express and Freebies!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Chose this location for proximity to the airport and the cruise port and was happy with service, free shuttle to/from airport, free Internet, and free breakfast. The room was spacious, clean, with frig and microwave. The breakfast has a good selection of basics that will appeal to both kids and adults. There is a Subway and couple restaurants within few minutes walking distance but not much else. On my return from cruise, I used the free shuttle to get a car rental at the airport to go to the large Sawgrass Mall about 20 minutes drive and then to Hollywood hotel(s) ocean front...all for less than a gallon of gas! The Mauro pizzeria was also a good choice for a late night, large and good tasting pizza if wanting a quick order meal while re-packing to head home.

Room Tip: Use the free shuttle to/from airport, as well as pre-book the shuttle to AND from the cruise port at...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Michael B
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Reviewed May 25, 2014

I very rarely find that I can write a review about how pleased I am with a service, a person or a product, but this stay definitely requires a positive review! I can start by saying that I booked this hotel last minute over a holiday weekend because traffic prohibited me from getting to my final destination. I got lost on my way here and was guided here by James at 12:30 am... May I add that I'm sure I wasn't the most pleasant person, but he kept a positive attitude and made sure I got here. Once I checked in, I was provided with a great room. (Holiday Inn Express does an amazing job at assuring they have a consistent product across the entire United States. Clean, free continental breakfast, free wifi and free parking). I was sad to leave in the morning to go to the other hotel I had previously made reservations at, but funny enough... After that other hotel charged my credit in excess, charged me $25 a night for parking and $12.75 for wifi each day, I packed up my bags and decided to head back to Holiday Inn Express in Dania Beach. Once again, I was greeted with a pleasant smile and wonderful check-in process by Wellington. I would hands down recommend this hotel to anyone! It is only five minutes down the street from all the hotels that charge double, if not triple the price, for a less quality product!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Keys M

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts. We appreciate your insight regarding our accommodations and staff. Please know that your feedback is important to us as we work to improve the product and services offered to our guests. Warm Regards

Reviewed May 13, 2014

The area might not be great, but for 1 might before a flight from FLL, it was great. The room is modern and well appointed. Bathroom was very clean. (TV screen was broken- 1 line in the screen made it annoying- room #409) Breakfast as usual.
However I didn't enjoy being kept on hold for over 5 minutes when I had to call back the front desk to ask about an additional charge on my credit card.
It's a bit noisy when the train went by during the night ... railway track was 1 block away from our bedroom window.

Room Tip: Not sure you can get a quiet side at this hotel: either sides have noise. (US1 or Railroad track)
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

It was good to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We will make sure to share your comments with our staff. We wish you the best.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

It was a great stay. I have to say that it was peaceful and clean good breakfast the washer and dryer are a little on the expensive side but the free shuttle makes up for it. Great service from start to finish. Charles picked us up from the airport and was great and the service continued throughout the stay. Alina was also very nice and helped me with all my questions and even called a shuttle service for me she was like my personal secretary.

Room Tip: Pick the forth floor if you want easy access to the pool
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kaden W
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Reviewed May 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed here one night while traveling through with my mother in law, who was flying out of the the Fort Lauderdale Airport. The rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable. The customer service was great! We loved the breakfast and the airport shuttle was really convenient. We will definitely be back if we are back in the area!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We went on a cruise in April and spent the night before at this hotel. Arrived late but shuttle was prompt. Check in was quick and efficient. Room was spacious and clean. Room was quiet and breakfast was better than average for hotel of this class. Caught the shuttle to cruise port next morning with no problem and booked return to airport with same shuttle service. Hotel is very close to airport and cruise port.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa D
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Wow! It was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We will make sure to share your comments with our staff. We wish you the best.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I had such a great stay here. Great room and super helpful staff!! Would definitely come back. The reception staff are so friendly too. Alina was on duty when I checked out and she was great. When I checked in also the first lady was very sweet too. Room was so clean and the bed was so comfortable! !! I loved it here

• Stayed: May 2014

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#12 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port
Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Air...
#24 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South? Share your experiences!