All reviews parking garage pancake machine front desk train tracks fort lauderdale airport next morning sister hotel room key the shuttle driver breakfast bar small pool would stay here again cruise terminal needed a place to stay stayed one night restaurants within walking distance great room
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there Dec 1-3 on business called shuttle and they were there within minutes very friendly young man.Check-in staff a nice young lady named Danita S Fast and very friendly with a warming smile,I asked where to go to get something to eat She suggested Grandpas Bakery not to far from hotel There food was awesome!Loved the hotel just wish breakfast food was a little better meat taste a little fake..all in all great experience and great staff

Date of stay: November 2013
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your comments. Sorry that we fell below your expectations in our breakfast. We do strive to be the best in the area. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Lets start out by saying I cannot type how well this hotel treated us. All of the staff at this HIE went out of their way to make sure that our stay was top notch. From the shuttle drivers who took me and my family to an area that had food and shopping and then stopping by a Walgreens for a few items we forgot to the hotel counter staff who didn't wait to be asked if we needed anything extra, they asked us "is there anything else you may need during your stay?'. Smiling, talkative, and friendly was every person in the staff and that goes a long way with me and my family. Also, they recommended a transportation company to get us from Miami Intl to the hotel and then from the Port back to the airport, All Star Tours and Transportation who was also incredible, that was extremely reasonable and gave impeccable service. We will definitely stay at this hotel next time in the Ft. Lauderdale area.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We will make sure to share your comments with our staff at our weekly staff meeting. We wish you the best.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Pick up from the airport was very smooth. we were the only ones on the van and were pretty happy about that when we saw how many people were jockeying for other hotel vans. Check in was fairly slow - especially for a pre-paid reservation. As others have said, everyone is very friendly and the rooms were quite quiet and comfortable. Breakfast was adequate. I think they were some kind of scrambled egg product rather than real eggs. The texture was weird. When it was time to leave, we had the front desk call us a cab, and they were there in 5 minutes. Would not hesitate to stay again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for writing about your experience at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to the continued successful delivery of exceptional guest service. We thank you for your patronage and look forward to your future return. Warm regards.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

we booked a room kind of last minute because of our flight schedule. They were wonderful. The shuttle drivers were sweet and welcoming (and right on time). After a very brief mix-up with the room, we were upgraded to a suite that was clean and very nice. We got in very late and had to leave early, so we weren't really able to enjoy it as much as we otherwise would have. Folks were very nice at breakfast, and even though the breakfast area was overrun with airlines employees, they had plenty of food for all. They really worked hard to make our brief stay pleasant, and I really appreciate it.

1  Thank CDMG123
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Booked a stay at this Holiday Inn Epxress for 1 night stay before a cruise. Booked because it was a newer hotel and the pricing was good. Also on the website it indicated the hotel had an airport shuttle. I called the day before leaving to confirm the airport shuttle and they assured me they had one and that all I need do was call when we got in from our flight. We arrived and I called the hotel at 10:23 and she said wait outside at the shuttle pickup and the shuttle should be there in 20 minutes. We took our luggage an waited outside in the uncovered area in the light rain and waited and waited. We saw several Holiday Inn shuttles come by but when questioned they were for other Holiday Inns in the area. I called again at 10:50 pm and they assured me that the shuttle was coming. Still no shuttle. I called again at 11:07 and she advised the shuttle was there but could not find us. I told her we had been waiting between terminal 2 and 3 in the designated area and had never seen the shuttle. She advised she would call him and have him come get us. at 11:28 I called again as still no shuttle. Calling again at 11:36 the hotel front desk advised me to give her my cell phone and she would have the shuttle driver call me immediately. I do so but did not hear from the shuttle driver. We then got a taxi at about 11:50 and when in the taxi on the way to the hotel, the shuttle bus driver called. I told him we had already gotten a taxi because didn't think he was going to show. He said he was at the airport. When we got to the hotel, the shuttle bus and driver was sitting outside the hotel. He was not at the airport as he claimed on the phone. I asked the front desk if there was a manger on duty but one was not available until the next day. I discussed this with the manager and advised that they had poor customer service. Granted I should not have waited so long to get a taxi but the front desk kept assuring me that the shuttle would be there in minutes. The manager advised they only had 1 shuttle and had a large group coming in from Spirit Airlines and that was their priority. I said that was fine but someone should have communicated that to me when I called so I could get the taxi earlier. I felt the communication from his staff was very poor. He agreed to reimburse me the $20.00 for the taxi taking it off me bill. However, this was never done. Of course, this left a very bad impression of the hotel. The room was clean and efficient. It was a typical express hotel room but for the price I was happy with the room and the complimentary breakfast the next day. However, the staff including the manager need much help in communicating to their customers if there is a problem. It was handled very unprofessionally from the manager down to his front desk staff.

2  Thank jlioniss

Thank you very much for visiting with us and sharing this feedback. We sincerely apologize that our hotel failed to meet your transportation expectations. We apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered as a guest of our hotel and are truly sorry. We hope that you will provide us with another opportunity in the future to restore your faith and confidence in our hotel. Thank you again for your comments and we wish you safe travels.