“good food”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Good Italian food in a dated atmosphere. the service was very hospitable but a little non attentive considering the place was empty

Reviewed March 19, 2012

This was usaually one of my favorite restaurants. We recently went there and my husband told the waitress that his steak was tough and fatty. The chef (owner's son) came out and called my husband a liar. He acted like a spoiled "punk". We were insulted and realized that this no longer would be a place we would patronize. I would recommend with all the great resaturants in this area, Lorenzo's should be skipped over.

1  Thank relaxedinflorida
Reviewed February 14, 2012

My fiance and I purchased a gift certificate for Lorenzo's on Restaurant.com, thinking since we had never been here it would be a good opportunity to try it out. After reading the reviews, we expected the place to be a bit outdated, no problem. What we didn't expect was the atmosphere to be brightly lit & loud, certainly not what we wanted for an early Valentine's Day dinner!

While Lorenzo's tried to invoke the holiday spirit with red garland and a multitude of paper cupids, the television playing Jeopardy at full volume, drowning out the music in the background, did nothing for romance! I was hoping for cozy Italian dining, and this was far from it.

Our service was good considering the fact that our waitress was handling 6 tables by herself.

While the presentation could've been prettier, the actual food was very good, my fiance could barely finish his Italian Sausages Pizzalola while my Linguine & Clam Sauce was the perfect amount. The Italian bread left something to be desired, was stale and cut into tiny slices.

The dessert menu is limited, only 3 choices. We decided to share a cannoli. What a mistake. This was seriously the worst cannoli I have ever eaten! The shell was burnt and the filling had no flavor, seems like they just mixed some ricotta cheese with powdered sugar and stuffed it in there. I found literally one mini-chocolate chip hiding inside. The worst part? It was served on a plate with Hershey's syrup! Seriously? My Italian family would've been appalled at the sight, and taste, of this thing. I make my cannoli from scratch, maybe Lorenzo's should hire me as I could certainly do a better job.

In conclusion, I would suggest that if you want to try Lorenzo's, the food is definitely worth the visit under these conditions: Order take-out. Stop by Gino's Italian Market on your way home, grab a bag of fresh Italian bread and some cookies or proper cannoli for dessert. Go home, light some candles, turn on Frank Sinatra and make your own romantic dining experience 'cause you certainly won't get that at Lorenzo's.

2  Thank LaLoba64
Reviewed January 2, 2012

The food, the service were excellent, no complaints whatsoever.

We went online to -------------- and bought coupons for 2 for 1 dinners. At first, they didn't want to honor them, we were a party of six. We started to walk out and they decided to acceppt our coupons.

We had a lovely personable waitress & the food was excellent.

The bill was what we had agreed and we paid it. What was the problem you might ask? The owner/manager was very angry that the waitress had accepted the coupons and was wanting us to pay the full fare. We just walked out and ignored him.

What had been a very enjoyable evening finished very uncomfortable.

1  Thank billyjen
Reviewed August 21, 2011

The twin lobster special is terrific @ $19.99 inc. side of pasta......broiled or steamed. If you like it oreganata or fra diavolo.......it's 5. or 10.additional, but still a great price. Get it while they last! Also they are having an incredible summer special - spaghetti & meatballs with soup and salad @ $7.99 ! Worth the trip!