“Consistent Food & Consistent Crowds”

Islamorada Fish Company
Ranked #11 of 80 Restaurants in Dania Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

You can count on this restaurant for consistent food and drinks... and it's really quite good! I only order grilled fish, and salads so I haven't tried much of the menu, but those items are quite tasty. The veggies and baked potatoes are better than most places. Everything is so consistent from one visit to the next, that this is a real reliable place to dine. Unfortunately, there are a lot of other people that feel the same so it's always busy... and since it's family friendly, it can get quite LOUD. But, I keep going back!

1  Thank C S

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Sushi platter was well prepared and looked very nice on the plate. The fried conch and fish were both okay, but perhaps a bit too greasy. Coleslaw was good. Portions were large.

The décor of the restaurant was amusing, particularly the large aquarium installation inside.

I appreciate that this restaurant was open later in the evening, because we got in quite late in the day and this meal was a nice introduction to Florida.

1  Thank toomanynouns
Reviewed February 15, 2014

This is a very over-priced restaurant, for starters. I've eaten much nicer meals for half the cost. But the service and food was really bad. The waiter was really quite ignorant about just about everything--the menu, the food, and the restaurant in general.

My wife ordered some sort of conch fritter based on his advise, and she was unable to finish them all because they were gross. I ordered sushi, and some of it was actually warm--something I don't want my sushi to be. When I asked about it, the waiter didn't know so he asked the sushi chefs, and they apparently got angry with him, before giving some ridiculous reason for the warm sushi.

Near the end, both my wife and I were leaving (very expensive) food on our plates, and the waiter asked if we enjoyed the meal. When I said, "Sure," he responded that he knew that meant we didn't enjoy it. But, while acknowledging our discontent, he just continued to clear away our dishes and not offer even the slightest reconciliation.

Had we gotten fried fish and French fries, maybe the review would be different. But we should be able to ask questions about the menu and get knowledgeable answers. We ought to be able to eat the meal without gagging. And when the waiter KNOWS we didn't think the food was good at all, I certainly expect a sincere attempt to make the situation right. Honestly, I will not ever be eating here again if I can help it.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Stayed at the Courtyard Marriott which is walking distance and we enjoyed some of the best Seafood we have ever ate. The service was fast and friendly. When we return we will be stopping in for dinner again.

2  Thank Miller-Time-CDN
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Coming from Vermont this place is quite different. You can get a different assortment of fish here. Eat outside and get a great view of the lake and wildlife. Food was plentiful and good. Helpful staff and friendly.

1  Thank mrslick