“Urban Gem, Great Cruise-Ship Watching”

Dr. Von D. Mizell-Eula Johnson State Park
Book In Advance
More Info
$279.00*
and up
Miami Beach & Fort Lauderdale Ultimate Air Tour
Reviewed March 14, 2013

When you enter the gate at John U. Lloyd Beach State Park and begin the long, languid drive to the south tip of the jetties, you'll appreciate that this fine urban park exists. Lined with seagrapes and multiple parking lots, there's plenty of room for everyone. However, I head right for the jetties (which, unfortunately, you can't really climb on anymore) and do cruise-ship watching in the late afternoons. Saturday and Sunday are especially good for this. The world's two largest cruise ships, OASIS OF THE SEAS and ALLURE OF THE SEAS, slide out into the Atlantic right before you...OASIS on Saturday; ALLURE on Sunday. Their stunning size blocks out the tall condominium towers of Point of Americas as they pass before them. This is the perfect place to spend the day, for around $5. Highly recommended.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I choose to visit this park with my family since it was close to Ft. Lauderdale Airport. I wish the fee was a little lower, I think we paid 6-10$ to enter the park and we only stayed for 30 minutes. The beach was clean, had restrooms and picnic tables. If I only had a little bit of time, I would go to Hollywood Beach for free.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

On Saturday we had a birthday party to attend and luckily for us it was to this very nice park. They reserved the pavillion and had the grills ready to cook up a bunch of meat and chicken. The pavillion overlooks the water and is along the boat ramp. A great breeze was with us all day and the hungry bugs left us be until it started to get dark. The Rangers we saw at the gate and one other time were very friendly. There was plenty of parking and it appeared that the boat launch was easy to use for those that came and went with their boats did not seem to spend very much time. Wildlife abounds- in our short visit we saw an iguana, a racoon with her young one, pelicans galore and small crabs on the beaches. Plenty of people were fishing and enjoying the perfect, sunny day- as did we. Great park for the family and friends to spend the day

Reviewed February 16, 2013

This park and the beaches are beautiful. If you are not interested in going to the touristy beaches in Lauderdale or Miami, this is the place.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Had a few hours to kill before boarding a plane so we looked around for a place to enjoy and found this gem. There is a fee to enter the place and I think it was $6 per car. It was well worth it. We spent a couple of hours just enjoying the beautiful beach and surrounding area. As a native Californian I never thought that the Atlantic Ocean had beaches that compared to the Pacific Ocean, however this was just as nice as anything I have seen on the West Coast. Definately a jewel and I will definately return next time I am in the area.

1  Thank Ray J