“The Best”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed August 26, 2013

There is always a line in front of Jaxson's but do not be confused. There is one line for a seat inside the restaurant and another line just for take-out. If you just drive by you will always see a crowd of people outside but if you take the time to stop and park, most of those people are waiting for a seat inside. We always stand on the shorter line and just order our ice cream to go. There are a few tables outside to sit and eat by- nothing fancy but there are seats. The ice cream is worth it!!!

There are newer reviews for Jaxson's Ice Cream Parlor

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Jaxson's was recommended to our family on our last day while vacationing in Ft. Lauderdale. What a treasure! This old-fashioned ice cream parlor/ restaurant has an extensive list of gourmet and classic ice cream flavors, all home-made. The portions are very generous. In fact, you can ask for a kid-size serving for the young ones, which is good to know, since it's not advertised on the menu this way. The front of the shop is stocked with numerous nostalgic candy such as rope licorice, Razzles, Pop Rocks, Necco wafers, wax soda bottles, Good & Plenty, candy cigarettes, Zots, Big League Gum, Dots, salt water taffy & more. We spent as much time in the front of the store deciding what to buy as we did at our table ordering and eating our ice cream. Fun for all ages!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

While standing in line I asked people around me what flavors they had tried at Jaxson's. One person mentioned blueberry ice cream. Blueberry is something I associate with pancakes and muffins. I tried a blueberry ice cream cone. Delicious!! We went on a Sunday and there was a wait in line. We ate outside.

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I had an enjoyable lunch visit to Jaxson's with my 3 children (17,15,11), niece & her boyfriend. The menu was extensive and everything looked so good that it was very difficult to decide what to have. I had the hot dog which was delicious. My son enjoyed the Philly cheese steak very much. Excellent service! The popcorn upon seating is wonderful. We enjoyed the Arnold Palmer's which you don't usually see on menus. The ice cream for dessert was all good. It's a very happy place. We all also enjoyed the old fashioned candy upon entering the story, it reminded me of my childhood. I would definitely return when in the area.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We waited over an hour to be seated. The food was not worth the wait but the Ice Cream is some of the best I have had. The restaurant is a bit cramped and seats are not too comfortable. I did not care for all the merchandise on display; thought it was a bit overdone.

Would return but to order Ice Cream outside and not wait so long to be seated.