“Made me remember my younger years”

Jaxson's Ice Cream Parlor
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Dania Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night
Home of the Packers
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Made me remember my younger years”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My son brought me here to get some ice cream as it is a favorite of mine. So after a huge meal of burger, fries and drink I had the sundae special. They have sooo many different flavors of ice cream and toppings it was hard to decide. But after I did I enjoyed my butter pecan, chocolate topping (which is actually put in the cup first), whipped cream and of course the cherry on top!
There is much to look at as every wall is plastered with license plates or some sort of memorbelia .
They also have a nice candy counter (or wall) I should say with many of my favorites. A great variety that I don't see much of anymore.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Dania Beach, Florida
“Surprised”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Rainy afternoon decided to to stop and see the reason for the long line in the rain made me think this must be good.. Uu yes absolutely delightful I drove by a month before when I came to visit and I said I must stop here this time and I did a simple delight of pleasure friendly and hospitable service thumbs up trip advisor was my Florida guide from start to finish.. yelp has to step the game up . If you ever stop by the dania location cool atmosphere and delight your taste buds with Jaxons ice
cream jumbo waffle sundae and yea it can serve 2.

Boynton Beach, Florida
“So much fun !!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I love coming here. Brings me back to my childhood with all the nostalgia. So many memories just looking at all the old time candy. Best homemade ice cream especially the rocky road. Not a good place for a diet so get ready to enjoy !!

• Visited August 2012
Cooper City, Florida
“What and AWESOME experience!!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I had lunch here today! Her second time and my first. What an awesome little place. The deco is simply excellent. The food out-of-this world great! I had a New York style hotdog and my wife the Georgia Hotdog. Both were excellent, as I ate her second half with the chilli on it. We met the owner, Mr. Monroe Udell, and he was so gracious and told us all about his restaurant, and how he came here to Dania Beach at the age of 18 from CT. This IS the place that all visitors to Hollywood, Dania, & Fort Lauderdale Beach's must experience. The Ice Cream Parlor will blow your mind away!! Stop by for some outstanding food and atmoshere and don't forget the excellent customer service. Our waitress "Dora" went above and beyond the call of duty, not just for us, but for all of her tables. You, simply cannot go wrong when you visit Jaxson's! Enjoy! We did, and will take all of our visiting family and friends here for their own special treat, hooah!

Boston, Massachusetts
“From a bygone era - and exceptional icecream”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This place is terrific. Especially if you are from outside the USA. It is a flashback to another time. Staff are all in uniform and it is full of memorabilia. The place has been there forever. they have about 100 different flavours of icecream, plus sundae's etc. They also do a pretty good burger and I hear the hotdogs are great. All the serves are huge, even by US standards. So be careful to leave room for dessert.
At the front is a good candy shop as well to tempt you on the way out.
Great place to go, especially if you are a tourist.

• Visited March 2013