Super 8 by Wyndham Dania/Fort Lauderdale Arpt
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Fero's Court Motel(Dania Beach)
View Hotel
The Pirates Inn(Dania Beach)
View Hotel
Motel 6 Dania Beach(Dania Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleannext morningfort lauderdalewithin easy walking distancecruise terminalplace to stayshuttle servicepre cruisefree shuttlewould definitely stay here againstayed one nightfridge and microwavecoffee makerport evergladesamyihopamir
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The good:

Cheap- Priceline special
Close to the airport and cruise port
Quick and friendly service
Shuttles are fast- from airport and to cruise port (included price)
Walking distance to Walgreens, iHop, Churches Chicken, etc.

The shuttle driver honestly picked us up within 10 mins of a call from the airport. We were given a 10 am leave time to the cruise port the next morning. This is a wonderful service to offer and we thank you. The lady at the front desk is very nice.

The Bad:

The room is terrible.

There are no "non smoking" rooms although you can request one online. The staff clearly tells you ALL rooms are smoking. Major issue if you have asthma like myself. I would have taken the loss and booked another hotel. I think the hotel and Priceline is to blame in this. Please don't advertise a non-smoking room if you do not offer them. Not only is this a HUGE health concern, it's a potential life threatening issue with asthma attacks.
The mattresses are filthy. They appear to be 15 years old. There are holes in the walls and bugs in the room. The floors haven't been swept and the lamp shades are brown and stained. The clock is broken and the sink and tub won't keep water. I have two small children and they had to take a shower... which isn't ideal. A working tub would have been assumed. Also to note; only 4 pillows total. I asked for more but was only told I could have one extra. There are not adequate supplies in the room. Two bath towels and no tissues. The box was empty. Also one roll of toilet paper. There were shampoo and hand soap though. Overall, it looks so dilapidated. I would be embarrassed to manage this property in the condition these rooms are in. Please consider cleaning the rooms and making repairs so your guests can be more comfortable in their stay.

Other notes:

The hotel is on the corner of a busy street and a residential street. The rooms actually face the residential side. If you walk to the right two city blocks, Walgreens is on the left and iHop, Churches is on the right. Fort Lauderdale is not the most prestigious area. Maybe the beach front areas but not near the airport, where this property is located. There is an elementary school as you walk to iHop so it's not the hood but it's not a super nice area. The people we ran across are overly nice and welcoming.

The "free" breakfast is not a breakfast, per se. It's grab n go. Like I said, there is an iHop down the way if you want a hot and filling breakfast. If you are going on a cruise, like the majority of the people here, a small muffin is fine. You will eat a much larger meal at lunch.

Overall, it did it's purpose and we saved $40 or so on a taxi (both ways). Would I stay here again? No way... I need a bit more and I don't mind paying for it. I would NOT recommend using Priceline, or the sort, for a hotel in this area. You are better off booking your own where you want it... or you will end up here... like we did.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Management-10564, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Dania/Fort Lauderdale Arpt, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are so thankful for writing us your detailed feedback. First of all, we apologize for the inconveniences that you have experienced during your stay with us. But somehow we have been great in terms of providing you affordable services, accessible location, friendly and clean environment. Though me not be a perfect hotel but we always see to it that we always attend to our customer’s needs. We always remind our customers to approach any of our staff if they need assistance during your their stay with us. We may sometimes overlook on some things or opportunities that we can improve on. That’s why we very much value your feedback for us to learn, improve and achieve our goals. Thank you.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The staff at this hotel was so kind and helpful! There were 10 of us and they were so kind to:us, giving us restaurant suggestions and shuttling us back and forth to the airport when they didn't have to. We had short nights due to connections but were able to get good quiet rest.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

First of all, we are happy that you have chosen to stay at our hotel and we are so pleased to have served you very well during your stay with us. Every trip should be memorable though it may be stressing. Super 8 is always ready to provide you a comfortable stay, clean and friendly environment. You can always count on us! We hope to serve you again on your future trips. Thank you.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Although we clicked the non-smoking room option for our stay, the hotel booked us in smoking rooms. The clerk argued with us and made a point of saying we had chosen smoking rooms. I have an allergy and would Never have chosen a smoking room. It was awful trying to sleep there. I have a feeling that the rooms are all for smokers.. I slept with a wet cloth over my face . The stopper for the sink was broken and laying on the side, with mold on it. We walked about a quarter mile to the nearest restaurant. I would not recommend this hotel unless you just want a really cheap place to stay, with unhelpful staff. Breakfast, 2 tables with 5 chairs total for the whole hotel, processed options.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Management-10564, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Dania/Fort Lauderdale Arpt, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

We apologize for there have been a confusion about the room reservation and it wasn't our intention to mislead you. This issue will be discussed on our regular meeting for us to make sure that we can serve you better and meet your expectations on your next stay with us. Thank you.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Scam artists? Hard to tell. My reservation was made well in advance prior to my trip (stayed there 1 night prior to a cruise) through Expedia (which I've used for years!). But upon arrival, they stated they hadn't any reservation (for 3 rooms -8 of us) even though I had the confirmation # and email with me. Then they proceded to charge me the "rack rate". You know, the extremely elevated rate they use to take advantage of their patrons? They also made sure to mention that the area was completely booked due to an event! If you're thinking about spending a night prior to a cruise because it's handy- beware!! We could have stayed at a MUCH nicer hotel for what I paid for that single night! We will Never stay there again prior to a cruise.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Management-10564, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Dania/Fort Lauderdale Arpt, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for bringing this up to our attention. This certain incident will be discussed on our management meeting for us to further investigate this issue. We always aim to give our customers a positive impression after staying at our hotel. We also sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and we assure you that we will address this issue as soon as possible.