“Great hotel for cruisers!”

Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 24, 2007

The free shuttle service from the airport and to the cruise port makes it an exceptional stay for cruisers.

When arriving to the FLL airport, call the hotel, and the shuttle will arrive very quickly. We waited only 15 minutes! Be sure to head to the "Hotel" sign to wait for the hotel shuttle - they are unable to stop at the taxi or airport shuttle wait areas.

When you arrive to the hotel, be sure to sign up for the next day's cruise shuttle right away - you must sign up in advance if you want to use their service.

Check in was smooth, and the room was clean, spacious, and modern. Bed was very comfortable, with 4 pillows. We had no issue with the train noise mentioned by others' reviews.

The hotel is located just across from the Island Morata restaurant, and you may see some wild igaunas and small parrots on the walk over - we did!

Breakfast buffet was free with our stay - a deal booked through the hotel website. This was a full hearty buffet, not just danish and coffee.

The cruise shuttle ran right on time, and the driver handled load up and unloading of all of our bags.

I had a great experience at this Courtyard, and highly recommend it to others, especially those cruising out of Port Everglades. We'll definitely be staying there again on our next trip!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Dapzilla

Reviewed June 15, 2007

We checked in on June 23, 2006 for a one night stay before a cruise leaving from Miami. We were flying into FLL as Southwest doesn't fly into MIA, and we didn't want to stay downtown because it cost more Marriott points, so this fit the bill.

The shuttle to the airport was very easy to use and fast. Check-in was a breeze. The room was fine, though the hallways had a smokey smell about them. Breakfast in the morning was fine as well.

Overall this is your basic Courtyard, nothing special.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank dwebb
Reviewed June 13, 2007

stayed at this hotel for one night.walked in off the street and was immeadiately given special discount they were promoting which included free breakfast.the room was smart and spotlessly clean.it had a huge king and the softest pillows ever.
we have stayed in fortlauderdale many times and this has to be the nicest place yet.we always visit bass pro so it makes sense for us to stay here.we had a room facing the interstate which was quiet so never heard any train noise
our breakfast was free but it was only $9 for hot buffet breakfast which was great
i'm definately going to stay here again

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pomponian
Reviewed April 8, 2007

Their "Courtesy" Shuttle left us standing and shivering at Fort Lauderdale Airport twice (drove right by the hotel shuttle stop) and took nearly an hour to return once.

After 45 minutes I called on the cell and received unappologetic response saying they would be there as soon as they could. I asked "does that mean 5 minutes? 15? 30?" and this seemed to ---- them off. "As soon as they can!" At nearly $300/night, they should have told me to get a cab and they'd re-imburse it. They knew my two little girls were with me and it was cold. They should have given me some information about the ETA shuttle so I could have made a good decision (take a cab) rather than stand there like that.

They later told me they drove by because the trailer (used for baggage) was full and they couldn't take any more bags. The bus, however, was only half full. They could have stopped and taken those of us with carry-ons only, or just taken my wife and daughters to the warm hotel while I waited for the emptied trailer.

The "quick grab" vending area had Ceaser salads but no dressing. I thought the dressings were in the package so bought the items and went to my room. We were dead tired, so upon discovering a lack of dressing, we came back down to look over the vending area, finding only Italian-flavor dressing packs. We were tired, and the line was long, so we decided to make do.

But this isn't the worst part. On check-out, I politely made the clerk aware of the lack of proper dressing in the vending area and she made me sound like it was MY fault. "you should have told us and we would have got you some.." she told me in a sharp tone. Wait, didn't I just do you a favor by telling you of a problem? I wasn't complaining at all - just informing. Where are the appologies? Why is everyone so defensive? When did the Courtyard franchise stop training staff about what it takes to leave customers with a good feeling? Perhaps they should all be required to read the eMyth book as a part of employee training.

Everything else was "good enough" ... nothing was remarkable. I can remember when $250+ would buy you a truly stunning hotel experience. This, fellow travelers, was a mess.

Avoid this place - go somewhere cheaper - and take a cab.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank getttinginfo
Reviewed January 14, 2007

I do not recommend this hotel. The value for price paid is very low. For its location and ammenities, it's way too expensive. In addition, and we should have probably noticed, but our alarm clock had not been changed to daylight savings time three months ago, so we got up and went to the airport an hour early at 4 am. Upon leaving, our receipt was unavailable, so I asked that one be faxed. Sometimes our home fax doesn't work, so when I called to ask about it and to just request that a copy be mailed to us, I got a bunch of attitude about how they'd been trying all day, blah, blah, blah....It was only noon-ish when I called. This rude person almost hung up the phone before I could request she mail me a copy acting like she was really put out by my call. Next time I will definitely go to the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2007

Like everyone has commented, there is a commuter rail right in front of the hotel. Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel. I stayed here one night after a cruise on the 6th floor facing the train.

I arrived at about noon just after a cruise. The lobby was packed with people waiting for taxis and the free shuttle to their cruise. I was able to check in and get room without a problem even though I was early. I also, signed up for the 5:00 am shuttle to the airport the next day.

As a moderate sleeper, I did not notice any train noise once I fell asleep. But, it was certainly obvious during the day when we were in our room. If you are familiar with the Courtyard brand, you will find that the hotel rooms were larger than most of the older Courtyards, and have nicely updated room designs. The pool was nice and warm for the kids, but the jacuzzi was too hot for my wife.

There is nothing within walking distance of the hotel to see or eat at except for the Bass Pro shop, and Islamorada Fish Restaurant. The shop was great for us, and the food was also quite good.

The morning shuttle was on time. Make sure you sign up on arrival as the 10 passenger van was full for our run to the airport. The taxi fare would have been about $15.

If you want to pick a hotel close to the cruise port ($20 taxi ride), and airport, this is a good choice for a pre or post cruise 1 night stay.

• Stayed: December 2006
3  Thank Bizztravel
Reviewed December 12, 2006

The hotel is very clean and comfortable (looks fairly new) and the staff were very helpful; however, if your room faces the train station you can expect to hear (and feel) the trains that go by all night - more so as the morning rush begins.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port
Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port
Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Air...
#22 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!